Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

It's December and 2016 can't end soon enough.

Ah, but it can! Because as bad as everything else is, there'll always be Christmas presents to help things go out on a high note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ant Man is kind of sad because it never would have been a thing in the MCU if not for Edgar Wright.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'd heard a lot about Prince and Lemmy Kilmister, but it was only with their deaths I actually listened to any of their music. Sad, but they ended up being artists I love a lot. Still not really into Bowie, though-I know he's gone through a lot of styles but none of what I've heard really does all that much for me.

Rhyno posted:

Well it not being his film is entirely his own fault.

I thought the consensus was on his side?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If I know teens, they'd probably think having a birthday on 9/11 was "metal as gently caress, dawg". Kids these days still listen to Marilyn Manson, right?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

I can't tell if this is supposed to be facetious or not.

We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
McFarlane is a rat bastard but I love his art to be honest. I want that one Spider-Man cover framed.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Fans also call it Bluper Saiyan.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Pigs don't have ponytails!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hasn't it always been a magic hat, though?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I've been sick the last few days with particularly agonizing pain today. But, on the plus side, no more fever, and it's surprisingly easy to rattle through media when you're laid up sick and can't concentrate enough to give a gently caress. I watched a bit of The Walking Dead yesterday and my conclusion was that it was emotionally manipulative grimdark bullshit, but Daryl is cool and good.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The first few seasons of Smallville were pretty good, I have fond memories of that era.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Madkal posted:

I am trying to think about at least 2 comics starring famous fans of alcoholic beverages (not necessarily alcoholics) and so far all I got is Wolverine. Which other characters like a drink and what kind of drink do they like?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I liked Spellbinder...

Outside of that, though, yeah, it wasn't a great assemblage of villains. The Jokerz and Blight were good, but the Jokerz were just two bit mooks for flavor and Blight was totally Norman Osborne. But the one shots were great.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So the idea of the symbiote being the good guy in the equation is interesting but the execution is like a bad rip off of The Darkness and I kind of hate it?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It's called being stylized. But more importantly, the gun! The gun is so beautiful! I'm in such awe... :allears:

If the protagonist wasn't a pacifist I would be too in love with it to watch anything else.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Merry Christmas!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sentinel Red posted:

At this point, the only thing that surprises me about 2016 is that it hasn't managed to take Keith Richards and Shane MacGowan too.

Don't tempt fate!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SonicRulez posted:

In spite of all the terrible real world things that happened, I'll always remember this as the year all the heroes spent more time fighting each other than anybody else. Whether it was Netflix, The CW, or the big screen, the superheroes just couldn't resist punching each other in the face. It made me sad.

That's like the past decade and a half.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hey come on, don't say stuff like that.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Whoops.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I want the job of being the person that has to stake them in the heart annually.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

You idiot! 2016 is gonna notice!

2016 is a slasher movie and 2017 is just gonna be the 2016 Part 2: 2016's Revenge (Just when you thought it was safe to wish celebrities a happy birthday...)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Threep posted:

Not by much :(

I mean, it's a tragedy, but kind of heartwarming too. Johnny Cash and his wife only had a few months between each other, I believe.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

My dad doesn't have cancer!

Yay! I'm really glad, Rhyno.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I got a PS4 Pro for Christmas. I'm really thrilled. I get to play a lot of great games I thought I'd never get the chance to, except for Vanquish. I'll never play Vanquish and that makes me a depressed motherfucker.

But Doom? Doom is allllllll mine.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Teenage Fansub posted:

Ya shoulda got a Wii U to play the actual game of 2016, Tokyo Mirage Session #FE :cool:

God I wanted the Wii U to work out. As soon as I heard "Star Fox by Platinum Studios" I nearly cried. When I heard how bad Star Fox Zero is, I cried. :sigh:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

END ME SCOOB posted:

I'm gonna let you in on a secret: Platinum is now bizarro-Treasure and their licensed stuff is massively trash. Never buy it day one, let some other sucker eat the bullet and see if it's worth a drat.

But Transformers Devastation and more importantly, Revengence! This was before Zero and TMNT sort of destroyed my faith in them delivering a consistent product. No longer could I look upon Platinum as the shining seal of a good game, like I had Bioware before Dragon Age 2.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Have you tried the Nier Automata demo on PS4? Platinum are the devs on that.

Goddamn it, I'm hype as hell for Automata and I didn't know that. Now I'm even more confused! How can I be loyal to a brand when they keep being this...random with their quality!?

I'm giving Suda51 another chance with Let It Die after I really loving hated Killer Is Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Mutant X the TV show was a poorly disguised ploy by Marvel to try and do an X-Men show without Fox. They got sued, I believe.

• Locked thread