Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's December and 2016 can't end soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ant Man was the best part of Civil War. But it's Paul Rudd so it was kind of unfair to everyone else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Ant Man is kind of sad because it never would have been a thing in the MCU if not for Edgar Wright.

Well it not being his film is entirely his own fault.

purple death ray posted:

None of those mother fuckers who died in 2015 is equal to loving David Bowie dying, hth

Darwyn Cooke, Prince, Leonard Cohen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

I thought the consensus was on his side?

You mean the consensus of his fanbase? He delayed making the film for years and then he didn't want it to be an MCU flick despite the studio contract saying it would absolutely be an MCU flick. I love his work but he dug his own grave on Ant-Man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Plus there's the whole part of when they explained what came from Wright and what came from Reed and McKay it was the latter that seemed to bring in everything most people liked about the movie. Including Hope being more than a glorified cameo for a couple scenes and everything involving Luis.

He was such a surprise, I loved his retelling scenes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I feel bad for the likely hundreds if not thousands of teenagers whose birth date is 9/11/2001

Like they even give half a poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why isn't Brainiac?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Man, lucid jerk Stan was something else.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm so glad that's on Youtube, I used to own a copy of that on VHS but it's been lost to the sands of time for two decades.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I would change the name of this subforum to "You draw good wires" if I could. That's my new favorite thing.

I guess you'll just have to rename every thread instead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Our Prime Minister just resigned out of nowhere. Some fishy poo poo is about to come out, I bet :)
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11760656

Probably pulled a Cameron.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't stop buying collections. I keep seeing poo poo on Craigslist and Facebook for pennies and I keep loving buying it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferrule posted:

poo poo I'll sell you guys some longboxes of stuff. What ya looking for?

I'm not even talking about for work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferrule posted:

I need Hulk magazines form the 70's. Come across any?

edit: Is there a buy/sell/trade/ifyouseethisgrabitformeillpayyouback thread?

Haven't seen any in a while but I'll keep an eye out. We don't have a thread because nobody wants to bother with a thread in a different sub forum. I use Ebay to flip my poo poo and have been told Comic Collector Live has a decent buy/sell forum.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been going through every single thing I own since our fire and I found this folded up in a box of comic shirts I no longer wear. I went through a hilarious phase where I only wore oversized clothes so this XL shirt I've owned for like 19 years still doesn't fit me!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

How's it going duders.

We thought you were dead

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, he refused to wear the suit in the finale where he becomes Superman. He was such an rear end about it that they had to use a body double for the scene when he flies up to the plane window and a CGI cape when he's floating in space. The S shield in the final shot was reportedly held on with double sided tape.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

And even that was broken as he flew when he was under the influence of red kryptonite

Did he fly under Red K? He flew when Jor-El rewrote him into Kal-El. And he floated that one time in the first season I think.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Isn't Constantine a drinker?

I believe historically John spends more time drunk than not.

A goal we should all aspire to.

SMALLVILLE CHAT: why the hell isn't this turd of a show on Netflix?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

David D. Davidson posted:

They just added it to hulu.

That's weird, it's a CW(WB) show, you'd think even their old poo poo would be part of the Netflix deal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I found the one dude who thinks Epilogue improves Batman Beyond instead of ruining it. What a world.

Even older and crankier soup-making Bruce Wayne is the best.

"Where the devil have you been?"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaunab posted:

This new Brian Michael Bendis series is starting to piss me off.

Fixed that for you

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Secret Wars was such a good event that after it got started people didn't really bitch much about the regular ongoings being put on hiatus. Convergence disrupted books for two months, and everyone went nuts because it was so bad.

Many of the SW minis were better than the books they replaced.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

That is very true. I'm going to give it like a year, but I'm excited to reread all the tie ins. I read the hardcover when it came out, and the reordering of some scenes near the end wasn't anything major, but it helped the third act flow better.

I'm hoping they do a SW omnibus of all the minis at some point. Two volumes would do the job.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

That's why it's rubbing me the wrong way, though. It seems to be tossing years of character development (that Bendis wrote himself, for fucksakes!) to revert her back to Alias state, because that's how she was in the TV show and the TV show was popular.

That's absolutely what's going on and it bothers me as well. They did the same thing to Star-Lord.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

And the final issue (#27) came out in 2009.

Which never ceases to make me laugh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

Hey, what the gently caress happened to Miracleman? They get two issues away from being all caught up and then just... stop? There are two issues to still reprint, it's not even like they're waiting on new content yet! Was the whole thing just an elaborate troll?

The rumor mill seems to think that Marvel's ownership of the character may have not been as airtight as previously thought. Mark Buckingham was told to stop working on the new pages as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Heathen posted:

http://www.peterdavid.net/2016/12/22/yes-peter-is-in-the-hospital-no-we-are-not-entirely-sure-why/

Peter David is back in the hospital. Gypsy curse or has 2016 got one more in her?

I legit laughed a little too hard at this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dad has an appointment with an oncologist on Thursday, gently caress this year several times over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Today I went to get a burrito and saw a dude wearing a Trigun coat at Chipotle so I deserve a goddamned meal for not attempting to murder him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Who gives a poo poo what dorks wear?

When it invades my reality there must be consequences.

Also he was all of 5 feet tall and the coat was clearly for someone a full foot taller and it was dragging on the ground and I just wanted to step on it while he was walking.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Why not go verbally assault him? That way you don't have to go to jail.

I do that to everyone. I'm just in a pissy* mood because of what's going on with my dad.

*pissier than normal

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

So seriously, can awful people start dying instead next year? Y'all know who I mean.

Chevy Chase?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You idiot! 2016 is gonna notice!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My dad doesn't have cancer!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks guys. I'm off to punch his primary physician in the face for freaking me out so bad!

In other news, I sold a comic on ebay and the buyer signed for the package and then tried to file a claim that he didn't receive it. People are dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Mutant X the TV show was a poorly disguised ploy by Marvel to try and do an X-Men show without Fox. They got sued, I believe.

The lawsuit was hilarious and involved Marvel having to sue themselves.

• Locked thread