Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I used to have the T-shirt, but it ran small, so I eventually put on too much weight for the large to fit comfortably. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

My dad has an appointment with an oncologist on Thursday, gently caress this year several times over.

I'll be hoping and praying for the best, man.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

David D. Davidson posted:

I would say that I hope that Tom Waits doesn't eat it next, but lets be honest, he died decades ago. It's just taken some time for his mind to catch up.

What? No! Tom Waits came out with "Bad As Me" in 2011 (man, that has been a little while), and it was just as good as his other 2000s-era output. He's been coming out with great albums since the early '70s, and while his style has changed, he never went through any creatively rough or bad periods, like pretty much everyone else, ever. The man is still awesome -- singer, songwriter, storyteller, interview subject, raconteur, legend. I saw him perform live in 2006, and it was the third-best night of my life, after my wedding and engagement party.

When AND IF Tom Waits ever passes away, I'm going to be a loving wreck. I dread reading that headline every single time I hear about a celebrity death. I will need to take a personal day off work, and I may have to start drinking again, which I am also dreading. He and his music have meant so much to me, I can't even put it into words.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Just made a rare appearance at one of our local comic shops to pick up Love Is Love. They posted on Facebook that there is a limit of one per person, and they had a limited supply and wouldn't be able to reorder it, so I didn't hesitate. I was planning to get a copy today anyway, and I'm glad I did. Just flipping through it, it looks fantastic, and I'm sure it will be heartbreaking and beautiful. I was expecting a thick comic book with staples, but IDW went all out, binding it as a trade paperback.

If you get a chance, it should be well worth your $10, and all the proceeds go to a great organization, Equality Florida, that will be donating everything to survivors of the Pulse nightclub shooting, and families of those who were killed. I live in the Orlando area, and my wife and I have plenty of LGBT friends and students who were regulars at Pulse, so saying it hit close to home is an understatement.

• Locked thread