Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Ninpo posted:

Oops, I thought that was a semi

words spoken to you by a female

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bea Nanner posted:

Lol

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Bea Nanner posted:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Chelsea is not a big football club.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Some would say they have no history.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Some would say they have no history.

Actually they have a history of sex abuse and aiding sex abuse.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/dec/02/gary-johnson-says-chelsea-paid-him-50000-for-silence-about-abuse

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

julian assflange posted:

Ninpo has become United's Ewar Woowar.

*In EW voice* "Firmino has really grown into the EPL, something which I attribute to an increased intake in fibre that I found out about after somebody sent his trash to my home in NZ for analysis"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hmmm this does sound like something I would say.

Ninpo was like the original Scholes meme in poster form.

I still like everyone on here- except for that Leicester pedo dude.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal are apparently putting out feelers about a potential replacement for Wengy. I guess they have to, considering that Wengy hasn't signed a new contract yet. The guy who manages Red Bull Leipzig said that he has been contacted about the position.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

Arsenal are apparently putting out feelers about a potential replacement for Wengy. I guess they have to, considering that Wengy hasn't signed a new contract yet. The guy who manages Red Bull Leipzig said that he has been contacted about the position.

arsenal will poo poo themselves just as bad as man utd did when he leaves tbh

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Chelsea are the only team to ever won the CL and EL back to back, the kind of stat that can only be thought of after it accidentally happens

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Also the only team ever to win the CL and knock the Spurs out of the following year's competition by doing so.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
chelsea are a poo poo team who will lose

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

hadji murad posted:

Chelsea are the only team to ever won the CL and EL back to back, the kind of stat that can only be thought of after it accidentally happens

What about Porto?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

hadji murad posted:

Chelsea not only treat their youth players terribly but it turns out they also molest them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

vyelkin posted:

Mkhitaryan might be good but he's no Ben Woodburn imo

Have to wait to see if Woodburn declares for England or Wales before we know if he's good or not.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ninpo posted:

I don't know wtf is serious or trolling anymore. Mkhitaryan is obviously a better player than Depay/Nani/Bebe and I didn't say he was AS GOOD AS Ronaldo, but it's been a while since I've seen a United player constantly trying to make things happen and trying cheeky flicks and tricks and them leading to chances.

Everyone loves a cheeky flick and a trick leading them to chances

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ewar Woowar posted:

Hmmm this does sound like something I would say.

lol i wasn't trying to be mean when I posted that btw

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

Chelsea not only treat their youth players terribly but it turns out they also molest them.

Saying that chelsea's youth system was hosed takes a sinister turn

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
We went from splitting hairs on 15 year olds to this wow.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm watching this item on Joe hart at Torino on Sky sports news and he seems... normal?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Byolante posted:

Saying that chelsea's youth system was hosed takes a sinister turn

Their massive loan operation is basically child sex trafficking lol

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

julian assflange posted:

Since when are "personal attacks" punished in TRP? :confused:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
argumentum ad hominem is a logical fallacy i will have you know :discourse:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
political correctness gone mad

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
No wonder trp is dead. No room for bants any more.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Only massive autism posts about Man Utd Are allowed please stop with the trolling (disagreeing with Manchester United mentalists) thank u

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Chelsea are going to win the league again aren't they? Admittedly it will be more bearable this time given Mourinho is no longer there. Still means another medal for that twat Terry though even if he doesn't really play.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ewar Woowar posted:

Chelsea are going to win the league again aren't they? Admittedly it will be more bearable this time given Mourinho is no longer there. Still means another medal for that twat Terry though even if he doesn't really play.

They look fully sick and Conte seems total ownage, OP (whom I respect as a poster)

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
agree with all the posters talking about Chelsea abuse but their lack of concern for Pep shows how shallow it ultimately is

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Sorry for linking to reddit, but sassassin do you know anything more on this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/5gcthe/laudrup_was_sacked_from_swansea_on_suspicion_of/

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Laudrap was shady

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Cant believe Ninpo forgot Nani, Bebe & Memphis Depay. Embarrassing for him
What's going on here, Nani was legitly a good player for at least two seasons. How is he being grouped with the likes of Bebe

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Nani was really talented but completely brainless, a rich man's Adel Taarabt

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

Nani was really talented but completely brainless, a rich man's Adel Taarabt

That half season Taarabt spent at Milan was hilarious. He was selfish as hell but all of his tricks and selfish dribbles and shots worked out. Then he went to Benfica and got banished to the reserves, lol.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

lol i legit thought he was still at qpr

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

That half season Taarabt spent at Milan was hilarious. He was selfish as hell but all of his tricks and selfish dribbles and shots worked out. Then he went to Benfica and got banished to the reserves, lol.

4 month legend, he owned

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

blue footed boobie posted:

I'd go back to the Monaco well and get Jardim, he's done wonders for them

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
lol at fabregas, what a monumental oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

Sorry for linking to reddit, but sassassin do you know anything more on this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/5gcthe/laudrup_was_sacked_from_swansea_on_suspicion_of/

Tutumlu was definitely getting paid in the crooked agent sense but it wasn't really that much money relative to many crooked agents and how many players we signed through him (and yeah, half of them were poo poo). Some rules may have been broken, possibly, but it's not as if the legal agent payments system makes anyone look good. Clubs report every November how much money they've pissed away on agents and the Big Clubs are spending £10m plus.

Laudrup himself doesn't have a problem with this, or things like clubs being paid to try harder in meaningless games by other clubs to whom the game might matter more. Players didn't need to train their bollocks off every day, and once you'd won a cup and weren't going down you could relax. He had a good attitude to life imo.

Huw didn't like how business was being done, so bought Marvin Emnes, waited till we had a dip in form so he could fire Laudrup by email, gave himself bonuses easily equivalent to what Tutumlu got while doing a worse job (and still paying ~£3m a year to agents), and now the poo poo squad he's built is getting relegated.

• Locked thread