Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

rscott posted:

With the lady who literally does not read books? My coworkers were watching that and basically said they both made good points which really means "I don't want to think about the way the things the nice black man said made me feel"

I thought her points were like a frozen lake full of sewage: on the surface they could be seen as vaguely reasonable but would crack under any pressure. The problem is that Noah would crack the ice but then move on (or get shifted to) an unbroken section where he had to start over, and never really exposed the sewage. There were a couple times he could have really attacked because she was on the ropes (like whenever the KKK was brought up) but he wasted a lot of time trying to get her to answer questions that a smarter version of her would be able to manage.

The interview is like a distillation of the current talking head trend of high-speed pivoting and modifying, though. The people in that CNN video have nothing on her. Don't like a question? Pivot away. Getting pressed on the question? Reframe the questioning to make it look like you're being personally attacked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread