Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Byolante posted:

. Turned out it was written by an alt-right troll proving that the left is only too happy to run bullshit if it confirms their biases. Greenwald was among the people signal boosting the story on twitter, which seemed cynical on its face since the article attacked someone he had a public and messy feud with previously.

The guardian getting conned by somebody trying to make them look bad is totally different.

Also "i almost became an alt right racist haha just kidding im already an alt right raci-" is the dumbest attempt at a liberal media takedown done, by somebody not named james okeefe, yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The fact you have to use op/eds for your example shows it really isnt a both sides thing.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

BarbarianElephant posted:

Oooh, these waters are getting a bit muddy alright. I'd better wear some wellies.

You know what people mean by "fake news", right? It's those 100% made-up Facebook forwards with a strong political focus?

*Exactly* the same as some fluff about an Indonesian guy who found a picture of Elmo in his toast in the Fortean Times. Good grief. You think people are falling for this "both sides are the same" bullshit?

I bet if Donald Trump shot someone in broad daylight on 5th Avenue, you'd be all like "But once, Hillary Clinton shoved another kid in the sandbox when she was 5 and cut his lip! BOTH SIDES ARE THE SAME!"

I really dont know why some people are falling over themselves trying to dismiss this poo poo.

"Yeah but the establishment press got whipped into a frenzy with nationalism, fake intelligence and public shaming of doubters after 9/11!" :wth:

• Locked thread