Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Vindicator posted:

It's like watching a thousand simultaneous games of telephone play out. It's gossip masquerading as a 24 hour news cycle. At the end there, she even knew that she didn't want to outright agree with the idea that California condones voter fraud even though seconds beforehand she had literally said California allows it, because that's loving insane, and so you just watch the argument adapt in real-time.

Yeah, that's what I picked up too. Also, notice how when she's first asked that question, she tries to claim that she heard it on CNN. Why would someone who, in all likelihood believes that CNN is the Clinton News Network, want to defend their BS by pointing to that very same network? Because at some level, even she realizes that she can't bring up Fox News or Breitbart or FreedomPatriots.org. She wants her garbage to have some actual legitimacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

In case people missed it, let me sum up the interview:

Tomi Lahren: "I don't see color"
Also Tomi Lahren, about 5 minutes later: "IS IT BECAUSE I'M WHITE!?!!?"

"I'm a Millennial, so I don't like labels"
Me, after that loving comment: :psyduck:

"Really though, what did the KKK do?"

"Black Lives Matter is just this generation's KKK"

*Duck and dodges the tough questions. Refuses to answer, instead deflects and rapidly changes subjects*

Trevor Noah (paraphrasing here): Black people can't march, because they're labeled thugs. They can't protest because they're "rioting", they can't kneel in a corner by themselves, because it's disrespectful. So how can the black community protest, in ways that you're ok with?
Tomi: BLACK MEN ARE 18.5% MORE LIKELY TO KILL A POLICE OFFICER THAN A POLICE OFFICER TO KILL A BLACK MAN! WHY DON'T WE TALK ABOUT THIS!?!??!
Trevor: ... Ok, uh, well, okkkk... But back to my question, how can the black community protest?
Tomi: HOW CAN YOU DISRESPECT THE FLAG AND THE ANTHEM!?!?!?????
Trevor (at this point he's chuckling because he knows this bitch has the IQ of a grapefruit): Ok, but you still haven't answered my question... So, how would YOU protest?
Tomi: .... Well, I wouldn't protest :smuggo:

It was at that point that I needed to pause the interview, and go :2bong: to be able to finish it, because I can only take so much of that vapid oval office. The rest of it was, unfortunately, uneventful. I was kinda disappointed that Trevor didn't just crush her and really drive the point home to her that she's nothing but a mouthpiece and a honeypot for the conservative base who need an objectively attractive, blond haired, blue eyed woman to tell them what to think. She's lost without cue cards, has absolutely no worldly experience (she's like, 23 or 24) that would justify her lovely opinions, and in general is just dumb as a loving brick. Her only hope is she somehow pulls her head out of her rear end and see's that she's just a pawn and cuts ties... Yeah, like that'll happen :lol:

She also kept trying to argue that she wasn't part of the "mainstream media", but rather was just mainstream in terms of number of views or some poo poo.

• Locked thread