Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Zipperelli. posted:

It got somewhat glossed over last page, but regarding supermarket tabloids like the Enquirer and such, what is saving their asses from getting sued out of this world for libel?
In the US to prove libel you must prove that statements were false and caused actual, measurable, financial damages. Simply proving that someone was mean to you in a magazine is not enough for libel. You have to prove that it was false, they knew it was false, and that it cost you money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Tim Raines IRL posted:

I subscribed to WaPo recently because as much as I could write paragraphs about all the ways I think they're hosed up, they need the money.
You talk about the Washington Post like it's a fuckin charity.

There are actual nonprofits out there that do actual good reporting. Donate to one of them.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Tim Raines IRL posted:

you're assuming a lot, but thanks for the tip
Sorry if I came off as hostile but that just struck me as a really weird way to treat a for-profit business owned by a billionaire tech mogul.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

the black husserl posted:

Are you suggesting that there's a culture of child abuse at Penn State
They had a riot after the football coach got sacked for condoning child rape, so...

• Locked thread