Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I read up way too much on pizzagate and one real thing I did take away from it is that John Podesta seems to be into really creepy art. I'm not saying that means anything other than Podesta is into really creepy art, though. Who is it? Marina Abramović? Yeah that broad is nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Oh so that's just a whole other conspiracy theory that got lumped into everything. All this poo poo makes your average UFO conspiracies look old fashioned.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

boner confessor posted:

she's not, she's extremely talented and well known as good at what she does. 80 years ago you'd be saying salvador dali is a satanist or something. one of her pieces even went viral a few years ago, which is a pretty big coup for artsy fartsy performance pieces

boner confessor posted:

i mean she's not well known to most people who for obvious reasons don't follow or care about the art world but within the art world she's massive and well known

"it's weird/creepy/evil" is the kind of stuff people say about performance art when they say "my kid could do that" about abstract art, or "it's just grown men chasing a ball" about pro sports, or any number of other reflex "this is beneath my time" dismissals of things people don't care enough to understand

I don't think her art is good, I think it's creepy, and Dali was a weird guy too except I actually like some of his paintings. Just because I don't share your tastes in weird performance art doesn't mean I'm ignorant or "don't get it," unless you simply want to be pretentious.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

boner confessor posted:

it's hard to be more pretentious then dismissing anything you don't understand as fundamentally flawed

yeah ok

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I didn't say pizzagate itself was definitely a deliberate tactic, but there seems to be a broad trend of neo-nazis (which we apparently have to call the alt-right, or something) trying to tie politicians to pedophile rings, which is why I cite Jo Cox, due to the National Front, BNP and other far-right groups in the UK publishing material claiming she was protecting a group of immigrants who were assaulting children. That's a thing which happened, not just something my supposedly raging paranoia is creating out of nothing.

haven't there also been d&d threads that have tied politicians to pedophile rings? since when did this become a specific neonazi thing?

• Locked thread