Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

To all the people arguing that people will always have money if only so the rich have someone to sell to, why do they need someone to sell to? The rich don't care how many burgers they sell, they care about having things. Currently, in order to have things, you have to have money. To make money, you have to sell things. To sell things, you have to employ people. What is stopping those that own and control the means of production from just cutting the rest of us out? They don't need our labor to produce things, which means they don't need to buy that labor with capital, which means they don't need capital to exist. Everyone assumes that in a post-labor society, everything will be shared. Why does that have to be the case? The people that can afford the robots that handle production can just tell those robots to produce things directly for themselves instead of making burgers to sell to Average Joes to get money to buy the things they wanted. The rest of us can just die in the gutters outside of their walled fortresses protected by security robots because we're literally worthless. This has the added benefit for the rich of freeing up non-labor resources, which won't be limitless. If we kill off the 99%, everyone can own huge(r) swaths of land!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I had to pay a bill over the phone with one of those because the website was broken. I wanted to stab my eyes out.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

^^^
Dunno how close that is to production, but your kebab job is already hosed:

That's shawarma, not kebab. :spergin:

• Locked thread