Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I don't get why they released the camera footage, but not what the LIDAR and the rest of whatever sensors the car has in-place actually were "seeing"/detecting. Was it a fault in the detection algorithm or in the communication of the alert to the central unit and eventually the brake system? Did it even log anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I am more interested in them releasing information as to what was at fault in their automation system. Like which module was misconfigured or malfunctioned or, which comm between modules bugged out.
If it was simple enough as to show a log file dump, I'd be ok with that. Is there a timestamped entry there with an alert about some obstacle/ moving object in collision course?

It's probably not the LIDAR, and I wasn't aware that it would take some processing to make its data presentable for public "consumption". I'd guess it would suffice if they showed something on which some expert would then point out when the LIDAR detects the person (or if it totally missed them for some reason).

• Locked thread