Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Bhaal posted:

I have a question for when you encounter someone who smugly congratulates people fighting for 15 on causing fast food automation to come and replace them. You know, as though the automation is a punishment invented for them having the greed of wanting a living wage, rather than the automation having been unavoidable and the workers have always been completely and totally hosed.

When you encounter that person, when you break their body and begin openly feasting on the flesh as is the natural and civil response, should you include some grain or starch to balance your diet? Or just some root veggies, add light salt and save the blood for a gravy for later?

I mean I'm kind of joking but this might be a good thread to workshop on concise ways to tell these people they are wrong and/or why they should take their opinions, fold it 3x, roll it into a cone and jam it up their rear end until nobody has to ever see it again. Social media has been a complete poo poo show especially post election but nothing is more infuriating to argue against than people punching down on the poor harder than ever

This argument has never made sense to me, this automaton tech is still in pretty early stages and if it will soon be cheap enough to replace $15/hr workers it's only a matter of time before it's cheap enough to replace $5/hr workers. It seems like having no minimum wage even would just delay the inevitable for a decade or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread