Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How do I become a computer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

when will a robot be able to get a mortgage and a credit card? That is the day the police robots will begin rounding us up

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tires are expensive

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

While electric has significant transmission losses, it's the only power source I can think of that doesn't have prohibitive transmission losses beyond a few hundred meters.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

These are utopic stories exploring broad philosophical themes, they are not meant to be plausible and consistent future societies, just like the world of 1984 was not meant to be a plausible totalitarian society.

I mean, people complain that we have 10 different TV shows about the end of the world, but 0 shows about the end of Capitalism. I can imagine what the end of the world would look like, but I can't imagine what the end of Capitalism would look like. I don't think anyone really can, outside of some broad, vague ideas.

Do you read history? Generally you announce your intention to end capitalism, overthrow the state in a violent revolution, execute or imprison any rich family who was dumb enough not to flee or defect, and seize all property for the state. Then you make public property available for people to use through various bureaucratic schemes.

The first few years aren't even that complicated.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

*clears throat*

"Self - driving cars."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

We need an app to track how many threads owl of cream cheese has ruined

• Locked thread