Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

military cervix posted:

I think one of the main points for public transit using self-driving vehicles is that the operating costs are going to be a lot lower. The difference in running costs between a traditional bus with a driver and a self-driving electric bus is going to be tremendous. This really opens up new possibilities in terms of what routes and frequencies it is economical to offer, particularly in the suburbs.

It's going to be really hard to replace drivers where I live with self-driving busses. The drivers also load luggage on the airport busses and need to be there when handicapped individuals ride. Tons of work has been done on accessibility and I think busses might be one of the last things automated if they ever even are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread