Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

sky shark posted:

i thought vasquez and gorman blow themselves up w a hand grenade in the ventilation shafts after being surrounded

Vasquez kills one at close range with a handgun, spraying her with acid and Gorman goes back to help her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

CelticPredator posted:

Acid is pretty much what kills Vasquez, and also Gorman if you count it.

Hudson gets sprayed with Acid too.

Drake is killed with acid when they are getting into the APC.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Dec 8, 2016

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
is it legit possible for an living creature to have acid for blood? like could a creature theoretically have an internal structure to have it?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Probably not. Which is why people assume the Alien is a living weapon, not so much a purely organic being.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
One thing I'm sad about is the fact we never got Giger to go whole hog with his ideas. We all love Cameron's ant inspired hive and queen idea but originally Giger had this loving thing as the Queen.

Something like this would be rad to see onscreen, everything about just seems wrong and completely alien, as it should be, ants are cool and all but something we are very famliar with. Oh and those weird blob faces you see? In the first film the xeno originally loving melted the captured crewmen slowly alive into eggs.

BillBear fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 8, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

OldTennisCourt posted:

is it legit possible for an living creature to have acid for blood? like could a creature theoretically have an internal structure to have it?

What if xenomorphs just have really really big tummies and that's stomach acid

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

OldTennisCourt posted:

arent the xenos silicate based instead of carbon

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Are there any good Alien based horror movies besides the Alien and Predator Series and The Thing? I find Aliens scary and fascinating but I'm not really interested in ~greys abducted me~~~~ stuff.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Are there any good Alien based horror movies besides the Alien and Predator Series and The Thing? I find Aliens scary and fascinating but I'm not really interested in ~greys abducted me~~~~ stuff.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
You want good movies featuring Aliens?

They Live

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Lifeforce is a great alien movie. Space vampire aliens that are also beautiful nude women, but still aliens.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I still think WOrmtongue impregnated the alien queen in 4.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
That part where Drake says "Oh Vasquez, you're just too bad" makes me think he wishes she had a penis that he could deepthroat hard.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

drake was negging her he was a space pua

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

OldTennisCourt posted:

Theres ants that explode. Is this good enough?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od4971IW4vw
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camponotus_saundersi

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 9, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jenner posted:

I have known well-trained, well educated people in science fields who have made some stupid mistakes/decisions. Sometimes just on accident or thoughtlessly and sometimes because they were in stressful high pressure situations. I am sure there are a handful of blogs and tumblrs which collect such tales. These things definitely happen. What happens in Prometheus is just too much of that kind of thing, it's hard to suspend you're disbelief that everyone could be that grossly unprofessional/incompetent. I guess we just have to accept that they are though because that's what we got. Prometheus is just the perfect storm of the worst people at their jobs doing the worst things.

Perhaps we could extend the implications that the glut of people who seem to have no idea how to really do their jobs in prominent positions in their fields and industries to make assumptions on the state of the universe at large. Maybe there are just some huge systematic problems that have cropped up in this very corporatized future.

Perhaps the influence of Legacy lines in powerful educational institutions and the extensive level of inner dealings and close relationships among the business elite lead to these rich powerful folks lifting their inexperienced and hyper privileged offspring into these positions. Bullying them through the education system even as they didn't learn or pay attention to their professors. (What if the educators themselves are also pampered rich kids?) Leading to them not knowing poo poo about what they were doing. Perhaps this kind of gross nepotism is just so ripe throughout the universe now that Prometheus is just the inevitable outcome.

The future is coming.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

I know right? There is no way anyone involved in Prometheus actually intended this but it makes perfect sense.

I'm sure my check is in the mail.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Alien: Resurrection is one of the first movies i watched alone. My sister wanted to watch the latest disney movid some poo poo and i wasn't having it. My grandma bought me a ticket and let me watch it solo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

basic hitler posted:

Alien: Resurrection is one of the first movies i watched alone. My sister wanted to watch the latest disney movid some poo poo and i wasn't having it. My grandma bought me a ticket and let me watch it solo

I'm so sorry

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

basic hitler posted:

Should have seen Hercules with your sister instead.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

Should have seen Hercules with your sister instead.

probably, but at that point i was an intense loyalist to The Lion King and everything else in the disney catalogue was a movie for girls.

I was basically too young to know the difference between a good movie and a lovely movie, so it wasnt that bad.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my mom told me a story about how after her and her friends caught alien in theaters they went to dinner, one of her friends got some blue cheese dressing and threw up at the sight of it

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Pretty much the only thing I hate about Alien is the terrible looking jump cut between Ash's severed head prop into Ian Holm's real head. It should've cut away somewhere between those shots to another character, instead it's anything but seamless. Otherwise it's the quintessential space horror for me.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

In the 90's there was a local guerilla tv station that hooked up to the tv cable somehow that would show movies you normally had to get from a video rental and there was no way a legal tv station could show these. They had some insane programming and my first ever viewing of the Alien series was the entire trilogy in a row on one evening. It was quite a ride, I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

frank.club posted:

my mom told me a story about how after her and her friends caught alien in theaters they went to dinner, one of her friends got some blue cheese dressing and threw up at the sight of it

I also throw up at the sight of blue cheese but that's because it is disgusting.

Seriously just utterly nasty.

I heard they used tapioca for the android blood?

• Locked thread