Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Die hard and trading places are definitely the top 2 christmas fims closely followed by home alone and home alone 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite is The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and I watch it every december

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang a christmas movie? I kinda think it is, that one is good too.

dadada123
Sep 3, 2014

In Training posted:

My favorite is The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and I watch it every december

I really like that movie

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang a christmas movie? I kinda think it is, that one is good too.

Its a Shane Black movie so yeah I mean, even if it didnt specifically mention it it still would be

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

FishBulb posted:

Its a Shane Black movie so yeah I mean, even if it didnt specifically mention it it still would be
I went through the first half hour of Nice Guys going "where's the Christmas decorations? Isn't this set during Christmas? Shane Black directed it right? There's an annoying kid, so where's Christmas?"

Finally I give up and enjoy the movie then two minutes before the end CHRISTMAS

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bump

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's Brazil OP

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
One of those Iron Man movies happens at Christmas, can people start doing this with that next?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I like the version of Christmas Carol with George c Scott. That's a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Knight posted:

Lethal Weapon is my favorite Kwanzaa movie

Ramadan is... in June? gently caress

The month Ramadan takes place on changes because it's based on a lunar calendar or something.

There's no "assigned time." It's happening around summer now because that's when the lunar/Islamic month of Ramadan happens to fall. Back in the 90s I think it was happening in late spring?

Anyway, it's kind of hard to have an ironic favorite Ramadan movie because it's not consistent. Christmas is always in winter and always in December so we can attribute Christmasness to any movie that takes place in December/during Christmas.

To have a favorite Ramadan movie it would have to mention Ramadan or be about Ramadan. Kinda ruins the fun of it.

Muppet Christmas Carol is best.

Also chiming in with another gently caress Elf.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 30, 2016

• Locked thread