Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

its good to get a popcorn and a choc top, and then eat the choc off the choc top and dip the icecream into the popcorn and pick up bits of popcorn with it and then eat the popcorn from the chocktop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I don't know anybody who doesn't love a jar of peanut butter with a bushel of bananas. Dip, lick, and bite, it's the perfect thing to do with your mouth at the movies

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

i smuggle in sunflower seeds and let the shells fall where they may

Magic Hate Ball posted:

yeah this too also it cuts up my butthole

you're putting it in the wrong side

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

yo mamma a Horus posted:

i get mr pibb every time i go to the movies

a local theater stopped getting mr pibb and got dr parper, because the lady said that, "all the people would just ask if we had dr pepper"

i want to beat up the people that said that a lot

Whattup mayor Jack MacReady

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've stopped getting sodas at movies and instead pay a ridiculous amount of money for bottled water so I can pretend I'm being healthy when I get popcorn, red vines (not twizzler, gently caress that poo poo and may it burn in hell) and sour patch kids. I should go back to smuggling in a couple of tall cans and some beef jerky. Cheaper and probably healthier.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Nooner posted:

popcorn is a solid go to. I also like swedish fishies and sourpatch kids. Soda is a coke, its gotta be. Nothing but a coke

E: Also Shout OUt to my boi scott zoloft, first guy to manage to get probated in this subforum it looks like lol

an embarrassing blemish on my record for sure but i won't be discouraged from talking about my favorite movies in the new casual movie discussion subforum.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Do people really buy hot dogs in theaters? I always see them advertised but I never see people buy them.

I feel like the heaviest theater food should be nachos

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

OldTennisCourt posted:

Do people really buy hot dogs in theaters? I always see them advertised but I never see people buy them.

I feel like the heaviest theater food should be nachos

i agree but would also like to add the addendum: "and pretzel bites w/ cheese"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

scott zoloft posted:

i agree but would also like to add the addendum: "and pretzel bites w/ cheese"

i must be super unlucky, I've never had those at a theater that weren't really bad. like every time the pretzels are stale and lovely or just lovely in general.

The weirdest thing is AMC selling pizzas. that seems super awkward. sitting in a seat trying to cram a pizza in your mouth while being super quiet in the dark

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
In a theater? Popcorn.

At home? Pizza, and maybe wings.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Magic Hate Ball posted:

yeah this too also it cuts up my butthole
It cuts up your intestines too but if you're healthy you don't notice. Especially if you get it at a theater at the wrong time and end up with the bottom of the barrel. Movie popcorn butter is addictive but unless you get the right timing or a great theater you can usually do the popcorn itself a lot better yourself.

If you really hate yourself eat popcorn and then have Mexican or something else spicy for dinner afterwards and really test your bowels

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
when it's Halloween season, that's when you get into the spirit by watchin' spooky flicks and snackin' on some raw pumpkin.

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm

OldTennisCourt posted:

i did once cuz it was a three movie marathon. they were overpriced and not very good

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Theaters selling paper bags of popcorn is the dumbest loving idea in history. At least spring for the paper boxes you cheap pieces of poo poo.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I have first-world teeth and popcorn gets stuck in it. So does chocolate and other snacks.

I don't eat snacks during movies anymore.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the answer is starburst minis, op

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
Agreed OP, the more salty and viscous the better.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pneub posted:

Theaters selling paper bags of popcorn is the dumbest loving idea in history. At least spring for the paper boxes you cheap pieces of poo poo.
Sometimes I think they do it just for busywork to give the kids in between shows when there's inevitably poo poo spilled everywhere due to overfilling and crappy containers

Imagine if they did that at a restaurant, crammed everything onto the tiniest plate possible so it looked like more food, and then made you carry it around yourself, up and down steps and into closed rows of seats

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
If you want to eat popcorn and it's a movie night at your house, go hog wild. If you're eating popcorn and you're behind me in the theater fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Popcorn as a theater snack is a contemptible tradition.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

yo mamma a Horus posted:

i get mr pibb every time i go to the movies

a local theater stopped getting mr pibb and got dr parper, because the lady said that, "all the people would just ask if we had dr pepper"

i want to beat up the people that said that a lot

100% of Texas

It's annoying, and I enjoy both Pepper and Pibb.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
If you are at a big box theater, get popcorn and the nestle poppers. Mix them together in your hands and eat them. The sweet, salty, buttery cholocaty-ness is perfection.

Drink it with the bourbon you snuck in.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I eat an 18oz serving of spaghetti when I go to my local indie theater

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It's probably telling that the only other place it really shows up is at sporting events and festivals and such, and then it's usually an even shittier version for no reason. Like there is absolutely no reason they can't hook up the same butter warmer in some place other than the theater but they don't.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
What does Pibb taste like? Is it like Dr. Pepper in flavor?

Also, who else puts Goobers in their popcorn?

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
I came in here to say goobers and popcorn but I never mix them

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

OldTennisCourt posted:

What does Pibb taste like? Is it like Dr. Pepper in flavor?
Yeah roughly. Enough that I probably wouldn't tell them apart unless I had them side by side

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

CrashCat posted:

Yeah roughly. Enough that I probably wouldn't tell them apart unless I had them side by side

Mr. Pibb and Dr. Pepper in each hand is my favorite snack any time but especially during movies.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I went to a theater couple of weeks back giving out free little tubs of pringles

Pringles

At a movie

Pringles for everyone

Crunch munch crunch crunch crackle crunch munch NO WHY

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
What's the weirdest movie food people here have seen in the theater?

I saw someone eating a bowl of soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
We have chains of theaters here that house food courts so basically I've seen it all.

Having said that I usually go for cheese fries.

• Locked thread