Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Doctor Party posted:

5) After getting in, now you have to come to grips with the reality of studying your rear end off for years. Only to be getting your rear end kicked by people so smart you didn't think real people were that smart. Like you know those movies or shows like the big bang theory, where they have an exaggerated genius character like Sheldon Cooper. Those guys exist and in real life they go to medical school.

For years I taught an intro physics course that I was told was mandatory for anyone wanting to go to med school and not a single one of the chucklefucks that I taught was anything like a Sheldon Cooper. There were a lot of try-hards who would argue that they should have gotten a 91 instead of an 89 on the most recent exam and who emphasized how much time they spent memorizing the formulae (which is pointless)

Some of the theoretical physicists that I've met were definitely Cooper personalities, and I had a computational physicist as a professor who could have been Cooper's brother, but apparently the Cooper character is based on a guy who's actually a computer scientist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread