Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Okay guys, I've got a question about this, as it seems to be a nice clearing house for fiscal advice.

I am on just over the minimum wage for my country, on a 6 month temporary manager contract at a national Museum, the city I live in is one of the most expensive places in the world to live, and I like the ability to go out and have a drink or a meal about once or twice a week. I was wondering how much people know about moving from a solely service industry managerial job into one in a different industry, would it be more difficult?

Thanks for your time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

photomikey posted:

Perhaps. I'm suggesting that with a basic knowledge of economics and a smattering of the "win friends and influence people" strategy the poster ahead of me mentioned, you can be the one person bringing the value and not one of the six pepople dragging the ship down.

If you're the one person, you can eventually write your own ticket.

No you can't. The fact is that if you've got the right hand shake and the right smile the people dragging the company down are always going to do better.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Step 1: Go back in time and get a medical degree.

Step 2, find that more and more doctors are being replaced/underpaid.

Step 3. Market time travel.

• Locked thread