Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Griz
May 21, 2001

Tony Montana posted:

So, you don't work. That doesn't really impress me. Can I go and talk to the person that has an exciting life and experiences now?

edit: there is a thread on here about a guy and his girl that sail around and just post blog posts about it and they don't work. Their blog posts and their Internet efforts earn enough to buy their next boat. Surely that's the go, isn't it? I don't want to live like them, when I was younger I'd look at his young girlfriend and her bronze skin and think that sounds pretty cool.. but I don't think so much anymore. I can sail when I feel like it and it's not my house, it's not my whole 'thing' in life. I guess wealthy people don't have to COMMIT like others do, it can just be a hobby when you feel like it.

The boat people probably have a lot more interesting experiences to share than some finance bro who only stays at 5-star resorts.

Some people just don't care about expensive things and would rather take a permanent vacation or live a normal middle-class lifestyle on investment interest instead of getting caught up in the neverending quest for more money and fancier stuff.

Warren Buffett posted:

Some material things make my life more enjoyable; many, however, would not. I like having an expensive private plane, but owning a half-dozen homes would be a burden. Too often, a vast collection of possessions ends up possessing its owner. The asset I most value, aside from health, is interesting, diverse, and long-standing friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread