Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This is how my folks became wealthy:

My Dad is an Air Force vet so he gets his monthly retirement pay. He has spent the last probably 30 years using that as a house payment or sacking it away when he can. He went to school and got an Engineering Degree, my Mom went to school and got an education degree. My Mom went back to school for her Masters and finally her Docterate in Education and has a pretty decent 6 figure income. My Mom especially has always leaned on my Dad to put more money in 401k, Savings account, Roth IRAs, stock market, wherever you can invest money my folks have. My Dad has been retired for about 8 years now so their home is a single income house but it doesn't really matter because they've been preparing for this for years now.

This is how my sister became wealthy:

My twin Sister is the more scholarly one between us. She initially went to school (which my parents covered her tuition) for a Math degree but quickly changed to Engineering. She graduated and then spent 10 years doing that along with getting her Professional Engineering license. Her Husband (who she met in Engineering school followed a similar path). About 2 years after getting her PE she went back to school and got a Law Degree and is now a Construction Attorney for a major engineering company and makes just as much if not more than my Mom does.

How I live a life a mediocrity:
I'm a failson that hates school so I just float by on whatever job I can find

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread