Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Get a job as a paperwork shuffler on Wall Street.

When you get the chance, blantaly embezzle a multi-million dollar trade, and bury the cash in a abandoned rural area.

When they arrest you, say nothing, and get sent to minimum security prison for six months.

When you get out, go dig up the cash, and prepare to live a life of luxury.

Yeah I guess, but you have to already be rich with connections to get away with white-collar crimes scott-free (6 months after embezzling millions is scott-free); as a nobody you would be ground to dust under a system that wants to make an 'example' out of you to allow the real players to further stretch their own abuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Josef bugman posted:

Okay guys, I've got a question about this, as it seems to be a nice clearing house for fiscal advice.

I am on just over the minimum wage for my country, on a 6 month temporary manager contract at a national Museum, the city I live in is one of the most expensive places in the world to live, and I like the ability to go out and have a drink or a meal about once or twice a week. I was wondering how much people know about moving from a solely service industry managerial job into one in a different industry, would it be more difficult?

Thanks for your time!

Yes, depending on the industry. What industry would you like to move into?

Edit: Also, if you do decide to stay in the service industry of a big expensive city, you can beat minimum wage as a waiter in a proper restaurant on tips. In my own experience, a basic waiting position pays better and is a much less stressful job than (restaurant) management.

Just remember that there is no real moving 'up' from that kind of job(other than maybe to bartender), but it certainly pays better in the short term than some minimum wage managing poo poo in a museum and there's often openings.

Feral Integral fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 5, 2016

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Nvm

Feral Integral fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 5, 2016

• Locked thread