Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
They made a movie? :magical:

The non-MST3K version of Alien from LA was pretty amusing on a Saturday afternoon. Years later I would see the MST3K version, and found that parts held up pretty well. Well, except that annoying voice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

The answer is Dancin' It's On!

Literally the director of Space Mutiny emerged out of nowhere after 30 years to make the ultimate cinematic turd. It is a masterpiece of terrible acting, nonesensical editing, and white people flailing around to awful music. Currently on Netflix, for some reason.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer

Vedius Pollio posted:

The answer is Dancin' It's On!

Literally the director of Space Mutiny emerged out of nowhere after 30 years to make the ultimate cinematic turd. It is a masterpiece of terrible acting, nonesensical editing, and white people flailing around to awful music. Currently on Netflix, for some reason.

Some of those faces look pasted on in an uncanny valley way. Does it take place in a damp old warehouse?

Anyone else remember SuperFuzz? Saw it way back in the day on TV once and never saw it on TV again.

IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082924/

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Manos: the hands of fate

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

southland tales is the best big-budget bad movie, ultra warrior is the best low-budget bad movie

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Southland Tales needed more car loving and less not car loving

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Movie 43. Actual worst worst movie. It lingered in production hell for like a decade, attracted a lot of big name talent, actual funny people who are known to be actually capable of comedic talent, and the only loving thing the writers found funny? Poop jokes. :cripes:

I want the several cents I spent in pirating this movie in bandwidth back.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

A White Guy posted:

Movie 43. Actual worst worst movie. It lingered in production hell for like a decade, attracted a lot of big name talent, actual funny people who are known to be actually capable of comedic talent, and the only loving thing the writers found funny? Poop jokes. :cripes:

I want the several cents I spent in pirating this movie in bandwidth back.

I've always assumed that all the big names involved with that got blackmailed into it by studio execs, like some kind of intentionally humiliating 'kiss the ring' sort of thing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't believe a movie as bad as Movie 43 exists

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I've always assumed that all the big names involved with that got blackmailed into it by studio execs, like some kind of intentionally humiliating 'kiss the ring' sort of thing.

Wasn't that one of the movies the Slapchop guy did

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Wasn't that one of the movies the Slapchop guy did

The Epic Movie guys

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The funniest thing about Movie 43 is how there's three cuts, each with a different framing story but the exact same skits and also how obvious it is that the skits were filmed 5 years apart each.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Room is a movie. It's a dumb movie about dumb people and a weird Mary Sue author self insert, but it looks and sounds like a movie.

Birdemic is a loving failed student film. The sound and editing is insane, they never cut at appropriate times, never use lighting or microphones, it's just pure technical failure on every level.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I feel like The Room is the archetype of a movie so poorly done its funny.

I also saw The Bye Bye Man and it had some moments that were The Room-esque. Mostly it was loving boring though.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Master of Disguise was pretty fuckin' bad.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The scene at the Turtle Club happened to be filming on September 11, 2001. When word of the terrorist attacks reached the set, the cast and crew observed a moment of silence.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

whiteyfats posted:

Is Rocky 4 considered bad? :ohdear: Because I love it.

It's not a bad movie, just a really stupid one.

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

Steinbeck posted:

Can anyone remember a flick from the 70s or 80s in which a character had a conversion van they were super-proud of but then someone (I think the owner with an eating problem) stuffs the console with marshmallows and they melt?

That one.

Also Cobra.

Midnight Madness. Starring a very young Michael J Fox. And Eddie Deezen. Because it's not the best worst movie without Eddie Deezen.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

for me the best bad movies are the ones where everyone involved did the best they could and it's still terrible, where you can see the intent and where there is enough going on and enough little details to keep it interesting all the way through. it has to be miami connection. i have the poster.

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005

Tom Swift Jr. posted:

Midnight Madness. Starring a very young Michael J Fox. And Eddie Deezen. Because it's not the best worst movie without Eddie Deezen.

There is actually a whole subgenre in the 70s Teen Car movie genre about custom vans. "The Van" and "Supervan" are both on Amazon Prime and approach so bad its good levels. I don't think CB Hustlers or Van Boulevard are worth the time.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

It's not a bad movie, just a really stupid one.

It ended the Cold War. :colbert:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Escobarbarian posted:

Bratz: The Movie is the only acceptable answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmK0noqlnoQ

:yeah:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
This past weekend I caught Deathrace 2050. Produced by Corman, it's an impressive remake, attempting to top the original in most ways, often succeding. Recommended.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

With the budget of $40 million and the box office of $915,840 you get:

A goof character that sounds like a lovely knock off of Master Shake, An emperor that sounds like Mr. Burns, stock music that is mostly rejected Pirates of the Caribbean music, lines such as: "Say hello to gravity", "School's out" & "Why is that tree on fire", terrible timing with voice acting, strange CGI, a lot of filler, magical floating rocks that the main character doesn't give a poo poo about but is one of the only few plot devices, the list goes on! I'd recommend watching this with friends after you drink each other under the table.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ax 'Em gets my vote. It's completely incoherent, and one of the characters is named "Breakfast."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPEWDzjnYE

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Movie 43 was loving awful and not in a good way.

Hard Ticket to Hawaii and Samurai Cop are the gold standard. THINGS is also up there,

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm still convinced Movie 43 is part of some kind of extensive celebrity blackmail scheme.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Stuff

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

This movie was clearly three movies mashed together into one and could've ended at any point in its 104 minute span and would've been just as confusing.

I'm grateful it wasn't so merciful, because I may just order every existing VHS copy.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

"Sir, the Goombas are dancing again!"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That was a great RiffTrax.

Also the Best Worst Movie is either Lifeforce or Horror Express.

:nws: because Space Vampire Titties
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qej5nlRb9VM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7fpWt59qDc

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Also the Best Worst Movie is either Lifeforce or Horror Express.
Naw, Horror Express is straight up great. Although the lovely transfer in that youtube link does it no justice.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir Kodiak posted:

Road House is just a good movie.

I thought it'd be bigger :shrug:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sir Nose posted:

Naw, Horror Express is straight up great. Although the lovely transfer in that youtube link does it no justice.

Yeah, it's really good but because it stars Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing and a brain-smoothing alien that melts people's eyes on a train I think it qualifies as a Bad Movie.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

If you like garbage anthology movies Night Train to Terror is great. It's god and the devil on a train, with a rock band with musical interludes, trying to decide who gets which souls. The stories are full length movies cut down to 20-30 minute segments so make zero sense and don't at all fit in with the god vs devil framing device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYw8_ONb3i4

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Jason X is so stupid that it rolls back into hilarious.

Like this scene. Also whoever did the sound editing had fun syncing some music every time Jason gets up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ZUF1odoLU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Imo only movies that are enjoyable thanks to merits not intended by their creators should count. Like, if you enjoy a cheap action movie for its cheap action then it's not thread material, it's a good movie. But if a serious drama ends up being a hilarious comedy then that's a great best worst movie.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I don't know if it's worst enough to qualify, but the best bad movie I have and enjoy is Night at the Roxbury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

metallicaeg posted:

I don't know if it's worst enough to qualify, but the best bad movie I have and enjoy is Night at the Roxbury

did you just grab my rear end?

• Locked thread