Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I'll bite, Air Bud: Golden Receiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Your favorite movie is Withnail & I. You're welcome.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Barry Lyndon

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

my wheelhouse posted:

I'll bite, Air Bud: Golden Receiver.

Man Bites Dog

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Alien/Aliens forever and ever.

That's two movies.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
No Country for Old Men

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

General Dog posted:

No Country for Old Men

Oooooooooh, yeah. That's mine too.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
My favorite movie is The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

Ecstatic Elastic
Oct 30, 2008

She's just spun

General Dog posted:

No Country for Old Men

I really dig this movie, but there is a scene I've never understood cuz I'm a literal retard, can someone explain it to me? Probably doesn't need spoiler tags but just in case.

It's when he gets the hotel room, but then gets another hotel room adjacent to it, puts the money in the vent, goes to other room and gets money back.
I just don't get it.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Ecstatic Elastic posted:

I really dig this movie, but there is a scene I've never understood cuz I'm a literal retard, can someone explain it to me? Probably doesn't need spoiler tags but just in case.

It's when he gets the hotel room, but then gets another hotel room adjacent to it, puts the money in the vent, goes to other room and gets money back.
I just don't get it.

he wants anton to think him and/or the money is in one room, when that's not true

Ecstatic Elastic
Oct 30, 2008

She's just spun

Chwoka posted:

he wants anton to think him and/or the money is in one room, when that's not true

thanks, that's kind of what i assumed, but it just seemed super elaborate so I thought there might have been more to it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I can't escape my childhood that's why it's Empire Strikes Back. More recently Intersteller and Inception.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Wake in Fright

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

I can't escape my childhood that's why it's Empire Strikes Back. More recently Intersteller and Inception.

gently caress you

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

he is a robert
he is a cop
he is a robert cop

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I really liked Dragonheart and I am garbage.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I tell people my favorite movie is The Sting but my secret favorite movie is probably Top Gun

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
mine's probs The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Nice.

It's usually Fight Club, but lately it's been Interstella 5555.

:c00lbert:

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Do the Right Thing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's Fury Road

dadada123
Sep 3, 2014

discount cathouse posted:

gently caress you

dadada123
Sep 3, 2014

frank.club posted:

It's Fury Road

:stare:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Ed

shiftless
May 18, 2005

Dystopia done right: Brazil

Xali
Feb 6, 2006

The Man from Earth

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sir Kodiak posted:

That's two movies.

I can never pick between them.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

District 9. Too bad it seems to be a fluke because Blomkamps other movies sucked balls.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

its from the clouds to the resistance, op

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
"Brandy's for heroes, Mr. Hook. The rest of you will make do with boils on your skin, flies in your meat and dysentery on your bellies!"

Zulu is my fave movie ever. Kelly's Heroes is my 2nd fave movie ever. I have watched them both about 384 times. I have a VHS tape double feature, Zulu and Kelly's Heroes, that I've watched at least 9 times/year for the past 40 years.

"To a New Yorker like you, a "Hero" is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Slap Shot
  • funny
  • has a great cast of characters
  • has Paul Newman
  • is about hockey, the best sport
  • is a great time capsule of late 1970s Rust Belt towns and the beginning of the downturn there

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

dee eight posted:

"Brandy's for heroes, Mr. Hook. The rest of you will make do with boils on your skin, flies in your meat and dysentery on your bellies!"

Zulu is my fave movie ever. Kelly's Heroes is my 2nd fave movie ever. I have watched them both about 384 times. I have a VHS tape double feature, Zulu and Kelly's Heroes, that I've watched at least 9 times/year for the past 40 years.

"To a New Yorker like you, a "Hero" is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!"

"What the hell do you mean "cowardly blacks?" They died on your side, didn't they? And who the hell do you think is coming to wipe out your little command? The Grenadier Guards?"

and

"Why is it us. Why us?"
"Because we're here, lad. Nobody else. Just us."

Zulu owns.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Hunterhr posted:

"What the hell do you mean "cowardly blacks?" They died on your side, didn't they? And who the hell do you think is coming to wipe out your little command? The Grenadier Guards?"

and

"Why is it us. Why us?"
"Because we're here, lad. Nobody else. Just us."

Zulu owns.

A prayer's as good as a bayonet on a day like this.

Well, as far as I can remember, sir, it goes something like this: "He maketh wars to cease in all the world. He breaketh the bow and snappeth the spear in sunder." Do you know it, sir?

"I shall be exalted among the heathen, I shall be exalted in the earth. The Lord of Hosts is with us."

The whole drat movie is quotable.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK
Dune.

Also, Jekyll and Hyde Together Again has some of the funniest lines in cinema history.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Lazer Monkey posted:

Life aquatic.

Let me tell you about my boat.

My fav right now is John Wick, if only because I wrote a short story in HS about a guy who dog was killed and he's out for revenge.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Adaptation
Boyhood
Jackie Brown
Back to the Future

One of those

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ol yeller posted:

Do the Right Thing

Good one. I really need to watch it again

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I'm not good at recalling all the movies I've watched and loved but the one on my brain right now is There Will Be Blood.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Raiders of the Lost Ark. Movies were invented so that this would exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woden
May 6, 2006
Fight Club.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

District 9. Too bad it seems to be a fluke because Blomkamps other movies sucked balls.

Chappie is his best movie IMO and Elysium is better than District 9.

• Locked thread