Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is America's team?
The Patriots
That racist team in our capitol city
gently caress America, Go Vikings.
Did you know Texas has seceded twice?
Go Hawks!
America is a diverse country with many choices.
The Packers are going to miss the playoffs :lol:
Some other option.
View Results

• Locked thread
EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

This and the eagles game were too close for comfort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BonoMan posted:

Jason Witten has caught a pass in 130 consecutive games. The last time he didn't catch a pass in a game was Nov. 2, 2008 in a 35-14 loss to the New York Giants.

Shoulda thrown it to him instead of kneeling there.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
As a green Bay fan I'm always happy to see min lose but daaaamn that really really should've been called. That was pretty drat egregious and prob had a pretty drat big impact on that throw. Sorry vikes fans that was a bullshit way to lose it

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

How long has it been since Witten hasn't caught a pass?

birth

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
Should've kept the streak alive

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Grittybeard posted:

Shoulda thrown it to him instead of kneeling there.

Lol. Um. Kinda?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
That was the ugliest Cowboys win I've seen since that 2007 game in Buffalo

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Easily the ugliest game of the season, woof

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Tony Boselli just called that ref the gently caress out on the radio

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYP6SJyixBo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

b-minus1 posted:

Aaron Rogers would have gotten that call. gently caress the cowboys.

Aaron Rodgers gets that call even when his facemask isn't actually touched!

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
gently caress the refs, that poo poo was egregious

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Rasczak posted:

Easily the ugliest game of the season, woof

Yep

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
God drat...

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Naturally Selected posted:

Oh hey another game the refs gently caress over in the last minute.

gently caress this season's NFL reffing forever, and I don't even like the vikes.

Reffing kept the vikes in this game lol.

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
Didn't Witten catch 1 pass this game?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
This does not bode well...

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Burginator posted:

gently caress the refs, that poo poo was egregious

Honesty that was almost certainly the worst blown call I've seen all season, definitely in the top 3 at least. That absolutely should not have been missed

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

dest posted:

Called back on penalty

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

dest posted:

Called back by holding on Zeke

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer
Oh. Of course.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
That last fuckin call

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you are into gambling: if the Cowboys make it to the SB, bet on their opponent

Even if it's the Pats. Even if Gronk's still out.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

wasianchickn posted:

the ballad of sam bradford

If he didnt get mega paid the first time around I'd feel legit bad for this guy. I remember when he came out of Oklahoma that I wanted the Redskins to go after him. Probably wouldn't have ended much better for him but..good god man.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Sickening posted:

Reffing kept the vikes in this game lol.

Vikes got 1 questionable holding call (That really wasn't that questionable)

Cowboys got handed a coin toss fumble, where they changed the field ruling, and a completely missed smack to bradford's head. The vikes D kept them in this game, the refs didn't have much to do with it

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
That was a sweet game, hung out with a cowboys fan next to me at the bar

dest
May 28, 2003

9/9/99
Never Forget
Grimey Drawer

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Honesty that was almost certainly the worst blown call I've seen all season, definitely in the top 3 at least. That absolutely should not have been missed

Also missed false start on the same play, soooo...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Same thing with the Sherman interference with Julio Jones, the guy who's job it is to watch for that penalty was blocked from seeing it.

And since you can't challenge 'judgment calls' welp, here we are.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Am I the only one who sometimes just stops watching games because of reffing? Like yes that last play was really bad, but all the flags in the first half for what appeared to be literally a 100 times less obvious than that play made me change the channel. I really only started watching again towards the end.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Santheb posted:

If he didnt get mega paid the first time around I'd feel legit bad for this guy. I remember when he came out of Oklahoma that I wanted the Redskins to go after him. Probably wouldn't have ended much better for him but..good god man.

He was the no. 1 overall draft pick of 2010.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Burginator posted:

Vikes got 1 questionable holding call (That really wasn't that questionable)

Cowboys got handed a coin toss fumble, where they changed the field ruling, and a completely missed smack to bradford's head. The vikes D kept them in this game, the refs didn't have much to do with it

You know that saying that you can call holding on every play? Just so happened to be on plays of 15+ in the first 3 quarters. Hell, even nullified an int.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chichevache posted:

I got sick of watching football with idiot cheeseheads so I'm at my local cigar lounge with all the old men. Football the way it was meant to be watched. :d:

Dont you live in cali?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

He was the no. 1 overall draft pick of 2010.

I know that. Wasn't he the last of the #1/#1 to get the huge contract or was it Jamarcus?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

got any sevens posted:

Dont you live in cali?

California produces more dairy products than any other state.

edit: I have not looked this up since I first learned this fact in like 2003, so poo poo might have changed.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Calling it now Bradford spends the bulk of his career as backup for Nick Foles at the Chiefs

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Santheb posted:

I know that. Wasn't he the last of the #1/#1 to get the huge contract or was it Jamarcus?

Jamarcus Russell got his contract with Oakland in 2007 so yeah I think maybe after Bradford they started realizing it's a bad idea. Or didn't the Rams also give Jared Goff an obscene amount of money?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Calling it now Bradford spends the bulk of his career as backup for Nick Foles at the Chiefs

It's the only way Bradford sees a full year without injury at this point

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Jamarcus Russell got his contract with Oakland in 2007 so yeah I think maybe after Bradford they started realizing it's a bad idea. Or didn't the Rams also give Jared Goff an obscene amount of money?

It was just timing really, the CBA happened to be up after Bradford's rookie season and the league wanted to get rid of big rookie contracts so they instituted a slotting system. The NFLPA (like most player's associations) cares a lot more about current players than future ones, so it was fairly easy for the owners to get that written in to the new/current CBA.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

I don't think the rookie contracts are team killers anymore. From what I understood they are mostly predetermined based on draft slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Santheb posted:

I don't think the rookie contracts are team killers anymore. From what I understood they are mostly predetermined based on draft slot.

Not that it will stop at least some owners from screwing their own team over on principle to not give up a theoretical penny to their first round draft pick. Say, like, a guy you drafted #3 overall and might be the best defensive rookie in the league.

• Locked thread