Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is America's team?
The Patriots
That racist team in our capitol city
gently caress America, Go Vikings.
Did you know Texas has seceded twice?
Go Hawks!
America is a diverse country with many choices.
The Packers are going to miss the playoffs :lol:
Some other option.
View Results

• Locked thread
Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

God damnit Zeke. You're supposed to hold the football, much like your ancestors the squirrels and their acorns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

As an outside observer of the Vikings it seems to me that many of Badfords passes do not gain very many yards, if any at all.

This is not how you traditionally win football games.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Tony Boselli just called that ref the gently caress out on the radio

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

wasianchickn posted:

the ballad of sam bradford

If he didnt get mega paid the first time around I'd feel legit bad for this guy. I remember when he came out of Oklahoma that I wanted the Redskins to go after him. Probably wouldn't have ended much better for him but..good god man.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

He was the no. 1 overall draft pick of 2010.

I know that. Wasn't he the last of the #1/#1 to get the huge contract or was it Jamarcus?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Jamarcus Russell got his contract with Oakland in 2007 so yeah I think maybe after Bradford they started realizing it's a bad idea. Or didn't the Rams also give Jared Goff an obscene amount of money?

I don't think the rookie contracts are team killers anymore. From what I understood they are mostly predetermined based on draft slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Not that it will stop at least some owners from screwing their own team over on principle to not give up a theoretical penny to their first round draft pick. Say, like, a guy you drafted #3 overall and might be the best defensive rookie in the league.

True that. It just seems like that there used to be this wait and see game with the first rounders, who would sign and get the baseline started and even like the back end of the top 10 were getting stupid contracts.

The good ol days.

• Locked thread