Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
For raeal, Tank Girl is really good and maybe the best comic book movie of all time? It has an insane amount of energy.

It could have been even better, but studios are dumb and Hewlett/Martin are assholes. A ton of scenes got cut. The musical number got shortened because test audiences didn't like it.

Anyway, I really like this movie and it makes me sad that it's not more popular.

This is a genuine love for the movie Tank Girl. If you "ironically" love it or think it's "so bad it's good" yr literal scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

Baka-nin posted:

Agreed, but you missed out the biggest crime committed by the studio.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114614/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

Oh and those animated scenes and comic panels had to be drawn up because the studio forgot to film those scenes. Good thing Lori Petty was on board or the whole thing could've collapsed.

Haha, I was gonna make a whole post about the production design on this movie. Handled by the esteemed Catherine Hardwicke, a capable director in her own right, the design on this movie is just crazy.

Tank Girl wears about 18 different outfits and hair styles throughout the film, according to imdb. It feels like way more.

In general, this movie has a lot of beautiful designs that barely show up. The rebel base at the beginning feels truly lived in, only for it to be blown up, minutes later.

This movie has some of the coolest post-apocalypse chic. Everything is cobbled together from punk rock and kitsch and I just love the look.

• Locked thread