Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

I'm having a fun time with this barely working 30days of ubisoft website. How the gently caress is a company supposed to host a service for millions of customers when they can't get a loving webpage that lets you download jpgs everyday to work properly.

When the storefront was having its discount problems half a week ago (where they applied the discount twice so games were 90% off) I tried buying one of the Batman games.

Never got the game, but I do currently have 7 pending charges of $3.40 from Ubisoft for nothing on my bank statement. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Could be worse... GFWL.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
The game, it is good.

Ularg posted:

Could be worse... GFWL.

We'd all finally forgotten about that nightmare software until you just HAD to bring it up again.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm reminded of it everytime it tried to make me log in to play Halo 2 PC and how I won't get achievements without it. Also remember buying Fallout 3 on Steam, then having to go through GFWL and not being able to view the games page because I was under 18 at the time.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Is there any way once and for all I can see the actual differences between the muzzle brake, compensator, and flash hider without undergoing the arduous task of equipping them in t hunt and then just trying to remember the difference?

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Is there any way once and for all I can see the actual differences between the muzzle brake, compensator, and flash hider without undergoing the arduous task of equipping them in t hunt and then just trying to remember the difference?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cov6N2YLH0 covers everyone but Hibana/Echo. I feel like I remember something about Thunt recoil being different from pvp, but maybe I'm insane???

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Caffeine IV posted:

I feel like I remember something about Thunt recoil being different from pvp, but maybe I'm insane???

what really? I go into Thunt to test the guns out, that's pretty bad if the recoil is actually different.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think thunt had aim assist, at least on console, maybe?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Caffeine IV posted:

I feel like I remember something about Thunt recoil being different from pvp, but maybe I'm insane???
I have seen this as well, but without any conclusive proofs. Some "pro" players appear to be practising aim on t-hunt, so it ought to be good enough to check the pattern difference.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey Hard, can you pass the message along to those responsible that I love the Uplay weekly challenges? I can't really put my finger on why, I just really love completing them and I love the little shield charm I got this week.

And also a thank you to everyone there because Siege got me over my competitive shooter anxiety and now I love the poo poo out of single-life matches with really clutch plays.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Found that reddit post about t-hunt gunplay differences. As I was recalling it, nothing to seriously build upon.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Koramei posted:

what really? I go into Thunt to test the guns out, that's pretty bad if the recoil is actually different.

The recoil isn't different for T-Hunt, however if you use a controller it'll give you controller recoil until you stop using it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Wait, will I have controller recoil if I even have the controller plugged in but not using it?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
even if you did, it would (should) only be in t-hunt.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

Wait, will I have controller recoil if I even have the controller plugged in but not using it?

When you touch a controller, it'll kill the pc recoil settings and put the controller ones on. When you move your mouse it switches back. So long as your controller doesn't have a drift problem it should be using PC.

TBH the only thing pc players use the controller for is the ability to control drone crawling.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Ularg posted:

Hey Hard, can you pass the message along to those responsible that I love the Uplay weekly challenges? I can't really put my finger on why, I just really love completing them and I love the little shield charm I got this week.

And also a thank you to everyone there because Siege got me over my competitive shooter anxiety and now I love the poo poo out of single-life matches with really clutch plays.

Glad you like the reward man, i personally wish the challenges were a bit more diverse than kill X but hey theres more important things out there.

SatelliteCore posted:

Anyone think it is a little hosed up to give an employee control of the thread?

No offense, just kinda weird.

None taken really.
I doubt you'll find a post coming from me that tries to ignore or defend issues. ( I've seen what happened in the Wildstar thread)
You won't see me break NDA either.

I'm here to talk about a game that i love, post public info and make sure whatever hosed up poo poo you guys got are properly logged in our database.

I also got a pretty thick skin considering the amount of poo poo this thread can get and that 1/3 of the replies are ''Hard this game should be like [X]''

but If anyone wants the thread and plan on updating it really be my guest.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
HARD, fix the thread!

Ordered season pass 2. Thanks for continuing to allow me to be bad at this game for one more year!!

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Yo, I'm going to use this post to apoligize in advance for how awful I am. Going to be hoping in tonight I hope, so see you in discord if you want to laugh at me and my poo poo aim/situational awareness.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Ordered Year 2 even though I only started playing this game a couple weeks ago. Really enjoying it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hard posted:

Glad you like the reward man, i personally wish the challenges were a bit more diverse than kill X but hey theres more important things out there.

The only challenge I found annoying was the Gadget/Melee kills, because I just never get them. People know by now to run the gently caress away from C4. Impact nades get you killed if you use them in straight combat. And I can count on 0 fingers the numbers of times I've gotten an honest to god melee kill.

God I am so awful at this game. There's way too many games where I go 0 kills 3-5 deaths for this to be enjoyable. People are just way quicker on the draw.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Ularg posted:

The only challenge I found annoying was the Gadget/Melee kills, because I just never get them. People know by now to run the gently caress away from C4. Impact nades get you killed if you use them in straight combat. And I can count on 0 fingers the numbers of times I've gotten an honest to god melee kill.

God I am so awful at this game. There's way too many games where I go 0 kills 3-5 deaths for this to be enjoyable. People are just way quicker on the draw.

Caveira or Kapkan, ( if they fixed it), or nade ops on ATK. Also if you get ''safe'' dbno s try to get the kill as melee.

As for trades a lot of it is prediction, keep you crosshair at head level and even pre fire if youre not going to stealth. If you encounter someone close-mid range, start shooting hipfire while transitioning to ADS.

Don't kick yourself too hard, you were doing fine the times i played with you man, one day it'll just click.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
I love challenges because everybody too busy altering their playstyle and then I can just shoot them get shot doing whatever I usually do

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard you're a cool dude and the best dev I've seen post on here. OK thanks for reading.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Caffeine IV posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cov6N2YLH0 covers everyone but Hibana/Echo. I feel like I remember something about Thunt recoil being different from pvp, but maybe I'm insane???

Some people have a lot of time on their hands

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMHfD1B78G0

Ularg posted:

Throw all your placement matches in ranked; you'll get placed into matches with really terrible players more reliably than in 'casual'.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 3, 2016

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Caffeine IV posted:

This test is extremely flawed imo. Especially the full auto test.

Comparing mag dumps of two magazines is like testing accuracy by shooting a group of only two bullets. It just isn't a worthwhile measurement. Geez, these 2 wild lines of bullet holes intersected at one point that means accuracy is good, right?

As for burst fire test, one of the only guns I would use the muzzle break on is blackbeards SCAR, which this dude has picked the compensator as best on. He does these 4 shot burst test, which is ok because two mags of those burst is a good group to go on.
The SCAR specifically is super accurate with the muzzle break for three bullets. Bullet 2 and 3 barely recoils and group slightly above the first, but bullet number 4 recoils pretty badly and veer off to the sides. Going by that 4th bullet, yes, the muzzle break groups badly. But if you did 3 shot burst it would easily be the best.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Hard what are the chances of there being a reduction in how "sticky" objective and team markers are, like when you're trying to aim at something and they haven't faded away? It's a bummer when a yellow diamond gets in your way and it feels like it happens frequently enough to notice.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Why is everyone pinging 150+ tonight?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I just got this and had a blast with some guys in the discord. I like the mega shield guy so far.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Hard I broke your game
https://streamable.com/76p1

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
https://streamable.com/8ftf

Sometimes the enemy team has great comedic timing.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
post the vid of a goon trying to res someone and instead of saving them, they throw a nitro cell at their face, which ends up killing them

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Wooper posted:

This test is extremely flawed imo. Especially the full auto test.

Comparing mag dumps of two magazines is like testing accuracy by shooting a group of only two bullets. It just isn't a worthwhile measurement. Geez, these 2 wild lines of bullet holes intersected at one point that means accuracy is good, right?

As for burst fire test, one of the only guns I would use the muzzle break on is blackbeards SCAR, which this dude has picked the compensator as best on. He does these 4 shot burst test, which is ok because two mags of those burst is a good group to go on.
The SCAR specifically is super accurate with the muzzle break for three bullets. Bullet 2 and 3 barely recoils and group slightly above the first, but bullet number 4 recoils pretty badly and veer off to the sides. Going by that 4th bullet, yes, the muzzle break groups badly. But if you did 3 shot burst it would easily be the best.
Yeah, I don't agree with most of the conclusions, but the footage is still good. Gives a relatively decent idea of how the gun behaves if you aren't ingame atm.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Another glowing super bunnyhop video. It was his original video that turned me onto the game in the first place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMHfD1B78G0

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah I finally bought it because of that video. Also because it's on sale

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I just had a guy tk his entire team at the start of the round with nitro. Someone really didnt want to play favelas!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I just had a guy tk his entire team at the start of the round with nitro. Someone really didnt want to play favelas!

Favelas is awful trash, that's why.*

*this statement applies to daytime Favelas only. secure/hostage range from good/decent to absolute dogshit. void where prohibited

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I wonder if we will get a likeable map by season 8, when they release New Zelandese operators and rearrange furniture in House.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
All the DLC maps are good besides Yacht. Also I would totally love if they just released like 5 new maps that are just different houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my kinda ape posted:

All the DLC maps are good besides Yacht. Also I would totally love if they just released like 5 new maps that are just different houses.
No DLC maps are good, Border can be tolerable under certain circumstances.

• Locked thread