Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I like the boat, and I like Cabela's..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiperSnifler
Aug 19, 2005
Well shit

my kinda ape posted:

All the DLC maps are good besides Yacht. Also I would totally love if they just released like 5 new maps that are just different houses.
They really should just make a bunch of house maps with different layouts. Use all the same art assets too, nobody would care.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

All the maps are good except for house

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

RiperSnifler posted:

They really should just make a bunch of house maps with different layouts. Use all the same art assets too, nobody would care.

This, and use the same name and map picture for the loading screen, so you don't actually know which house you're playing in until you get to the prep phase.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

slap me and kiss me posted:

This, and use the same name and map picture for the loading screen, so you don't actually know which house you're playing in until you get to the prep phase.
Remove prep pictures too, and name all spawn points identically on all maps.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Remove prep pictures too, and name all spawn points identically on all maps.

Upstairs Bedroom
Basement
Dining Room
Living Room

Cinci, Riper, I think we just invented a new game mode.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've grown to like Border. Speaking of, is the bookcase overlooking the Hostage/Secure room next to lockers considered an exploit? The one you have to use the computer monitor to get onto.

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010

The Duggler posted:

All the maps are good except for house and kafe dostoiefsky

fixed that for you.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

What are the type of places castle's super boards good for? Can they still melee them?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

What are the type of places castle's super boards good for? Can they still melee them?

They can be melee'd down after 12? 16? melee hits. Don't lock your team in the objective room with the barricades. The ideal use is as a way to funnel the attackers where you want them to go, or make them waste their resources on one. I don't play Castle so I don't know how to actually accomplish this.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

The Duggler posted:

All the maps are good except for house

You take that back!

I don't like boat because it's too restrictive for inventive play and way too easy to reinforce everything. I don't like Favela because it's the opposite problem where you can just level an entire floor and because of the lighting you can no longer see, or the defenders get to be so aggressive that it feels like CoD S&D than R6.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They can be meleed down, but hopefully someone is paying attention and shoots them from under the door. I use them mostly to block off windows or doors that are tricky to see, that I very much don't want people sneaking into.

Castle's utility shoots way up if you're working together with Mute, also - though bullets don't work on his plates, they provide perfect spots for Fuze to set up, or even just to breach charge without worrying about being shot through the barricade. Mute can help with that problem.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was going to order it from I think it was the Ubisoft website and saw that the 75% off deal is only for the consoles, with the PC version still full price. Why the hell is this a thing?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
I bought the starter kit for this a while ago and never really played it. I also watched the SuperBunnyHop video about this game and I have decided to actually put some effort in.

With matchmaking being what it is, I'm a little concerned that if I play with Goons I will get matched up against similarly goony enemies, all of whom will stamp a hole into me. If i play with goons will I just get stomped on by the enemy team in the first 5 second of a match? Is there a big enough pool of players for someone to learn the ropes before moving on to playing with more experienced players?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

1 Sledge swing or 12 melee hits. Good Castle barricade placing depends on map.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Casual playlist makes no attempt to have teams of similar skill as far as I know. But I don't know if they try to match premade groups against each other or not.

Also, I tend to find Castle most useful on Hostage where you can barricade a window and be certain Fuse won't try anything cheeky in fear of killing the hostage. Otherwise I feel like whenever I try to Castle a back entrance my teammates instantly get the urge to go roaming and break it down. Then someone else whines when the enemy team goes through that now open door.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

I still maintain that Castle's value increases 10x if he saves his barricades until:
a) There is less than ~1 minute on the clock
b) There are only 1 or 2 players left on the enemy team

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I just wanted to remind everyone that the substance inside of the biohazard container is canonically boiled brony cum.

On a related note, when will the :cumpolice: get added to the game?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Foehammer posted:

I still maintain that Castle's value increases 10x if he saves his barricades until:
b) is why you Castle was useless earlier in the game, when the meta was to take breaching charges on every possible attacker. Conversely, that's also his strength in "pro" games, where people don't take breaching charges, but it is diminished due to nearly constant Sledge/Buck/Capitao picks on attack.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I just wanted to remind everyone that the substance inside of the biohazard container is canonically boiled brony cum.

On a related note, when will the :cumpolice: get added to the game?

Why is it boiled?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why is it boiled?

I'd give the reason but I don't want to be probated.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Scalding Coffee posted:

I was going to order it from I think it was the Ubisoft website and saw that the 75% off deal is only for the consoles, with the PC version still full price. Why the hell is this a thing?

tbf PC went on sale about a dozen of time throughout the year while consoles haven't. Don't limit your search to Steam / Uplay man Siege is currently at 50% sale on Humble Bundle https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege

Sion posted:

I bought the starter kit for this a while ago and never really played it. I also watched the SuperBunnyHop video about this game and I have decided to actually put some effort in.

With matchmaking being what it is, I'm a little concerned that if I play with Goons I will get matched up against similarly goony enemies, all of whom will stamp a hole into me. If i play with goons will I just get stomped on by the enemy team in the first 5 second of a match? Is there a big enough pool of players for someone to learn the ropes before moving on to playing with more experienced players?

BunnyHop's video was ok in my book. (Our Brand director tweeted it as being pretty on point.)

As for MM, while its frustrating getting stomped theres a lot to learn in losing if you take the time to understand why you died instead of raging.

Casual will only take your ping/data center and the number of people in your squad for it's matchmaking formula.
Ranked will try its darn best to match you against people of your skill level.

Also yeah, the playerbase is big enough but depending on the time of day and composition of your squad you might get matchmaked against the same team twice in a row.

Foehammer posted:

This is a good Castle advice.
After a while you learn to know which operator carries what. Gadgets callouts play a huge part in the strategy.
Keep a castle or 2 until later in the round to completely block access or create funnel routes.

Hard fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 3, 2016

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Castle is a pretty solid roaming class if you use his walls and wire to set up some ambush points

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I just remembered there was a new thread due, I nearly lost you nerds :saddowns:

Hard posted:

This is a good Castle advice.
After a while you learn to know which operator carries what. Gadgets callouts play a huge part in the strategy.
Keep a castle or 2 until later in the round to completely block access or create funnel routes.

No, wait until your entire team has gone roaming, and then join them, remembering to lock up the point with your barricades so no bad guys can get in!

Hard posted:

As for MM, while its frustrating getting stomped theres a lot to learn in losing if you take the time to understand why you died instead of raging.

To expand on this, there is a lot to learn from playing with experienced players who can feed you info about how things (can)work outside of the obvious application of various mechanics, like what was posted a little while back about getting more use from valk cams by blowing out the top of a wall and tucking the camera into the hole, and how certain gadgets are a bit of a mixed bag because not every gadget only has an upside to it's use.

Castle's improved barricade, for example, is pretty notorious for ruining games because team-mates get shut out of objectives, and has the downside of still allowing through Fuze's cluster-bomb gadget which leaves a neat little murderhole in the barricade for the attackers to use.

The best thing you can do when you get killed is to watch the killcam, it won't be that often that it's a really simple case of them shooting better than you in a firefight.
A lot of the time it's going to be a guy noticing where you were from a certain spot because of sound or a camera and then making a move on you, and that sort of thing gives you a really good idea of when and where you're vulnerable from certain positions and gives you and your teammates something to look for.

Also if you're playing with goons, ask questions, there mostly aren't really any super dumb questions, pubbies are less likely to be helpful, they usually won't be dicks but they almost certainly won't contribute.

Sound is super important and listening to things like footsteps is how a lot of kills happen, so if someone says "shut up/quiet/shhh", you do it, they're not being rude, they're just having an Elmer Fudd moment and gotta kill da wabbit.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Is the xbone and ps deal on the ubi store for $14.99 for digital download or a physical copy.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Why is it boiled?

Sat out in the sun too long.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Also, I would absolutely love to see the Vector SMG get added in some way. It's probably my favorite weapon in the world right now.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

They should add the anti-tank dildo launcher from whichever Jackass move it was.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ssixseconds/SmilingWeaselCorgiDerp efficiency is just clever laziness.

Disorient points/assists when?

https://clips.twitch.tv/ssixseconds/OutstandingToadBrainSlug also Holo/Trophy is quickly becoming one of my fav sites to defend. Solid jumpouts and great interior angles. Feels like it'll get much, much worse when people remember to floorbang or breach the VIP desk though :(

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Why is it boiled?

Because a brand left his cumjar on a radiator and accidentally boiled a my little pony doll in the cum

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

This was pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiSz4K7VrjU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
fyi post more videos

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

IMO there is two ways to play Castle.

1. As stated above, board up certain entrances to funnel attackers into a specific kill box for you/your team.

2. Slow them down.

Playing the first strat is fairly difficult as you have to not only put the blockades up in places that will funnel the enemy in the correct direction but also not impede your teammates ability to move. It's the kind of thing that if done wrong could severely negatively impact your team as you may unintentionally give the enemy an advantage. Can't tell you how many times we've used the enemy teams blockades against them. Which is why I suggest playing for time instead as its much easier to do and often times much more effective. You would instead wait it out and keep yourself alive for as long as possible. Let your team do their thing and you pick off anyone that gets near you. When the timer starts to run down to a minute or less start putting up Castle walls to lock out the objective. This works even better if you have a smoke on your team hanging out with you as if they somehow manage to get through blockade fast enough you can just have smoke block it up with his gas.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sometimes Platinum doesn't mean anything.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Gamerofthegame posted:

fyi post more videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za3uHI8tm3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bDyT3W1MCk

This is us every other night.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Castle is super good on plane. But he is pretty badly countered by Ash and often with grenade (sometime grenade doesn't blow up castle barricade, but don't count on it)

Put a barricade on cockpit (optional reinforce with an ADS and jammer inside the cockpit) and you can shoot the feet of anyone that tries to get in. Unless they are Ash, they probably need to find another way. (why you hide an ADS inside). Usually I reinforce the kitchen below and drop down if the enemy go that way.

Put a barricade in luggage, reinforce red room and good luck coming in without Ash or grenade. (and behind the castle barricade is....another castle barricade blocking the only door in).

Most important tip for Castle barricade, like most defensive gadget is you need someone to watch it and take advantage of it.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Gamerofthegame posted:

fyi post more videos

I post ~4+ Videos a month that I didn't put in the thread because I didn't want to be spamming annoying Australians every few pages, but if people want them I will put them here.

Here's the most recent two.

November mega-video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QZQvjTMsO8
December Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UDxJrSpASU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I've been using them on Windows I don't want people shooting through. Even if it gets popped it will be with enough warning and they wont be shooting through tiny holes but the whole window.
I dont think anyone has bothered to break one of my castles yet.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

They are pretty decent to put on windows like Maps Office where you can shoot anyone trying to breach them from skybridge / the other building. On Oregon in the basement I usually castle off the construction site entrance and annex the concrete room. You can get 3 castle barricades in a row they have to get through if they insist on going through there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJv2mxixJPQ

My group's shared Youtube channel has almost 150 videos of middling to fair quality, go nuts.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPzpvKCQ_IA

And a fresh one.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 4, 2016

• Locked thread