Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I'd like to say that all these vids are good because Siege is like Guns Chess and I learn stuff but it's mostly just funny as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Valkyrie :respek: Frost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvrg5sIZ3LY

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Of the 20 or so matches we've had since early yesterday, only 1-2 have been against groups that all have ranks. Most of the games have had at least 3 unranked people. Is matchmaking busted or are we on some kind of streak?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Hey Hard can you add an option to report someone for spamming chat with racist poo poo? The only option is to report them for hacking.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Hey Hard can you add an option to report someone for spamming chat with racist poo poo? The only option is to report them for hacking.

They check chat and other such behavior with that report button. Could use a name change I suppose.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It's always fun reporting the guy who name is that of a hacking website.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
We still really need the ability to chat mute single players on either team, tia.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqACaVRaT0o

I guess watch it or don't, whatever.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Does the Humble Store have the game key as a Steam download?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

We still really need the ability to chat mute single players on either team, tia.
The technology is not there yet.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Scalding Coffee posted:

Does the Humble Store have the game key as a Steam download?

There's zero difference between Uplay and Steam versions beyond having the Steam overlay; you have to find/join people through Uplay even with the Steam version.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

it's good

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Goons are good to play with . 10/10 would get liquored up and play in-houses again

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
i just wanna say i appreciate that the new map has an adequate number of toilets for a change

WhatDo
Nov 22, 2012

Is this the discord group or the mumble group? What day is follow-the-sledge day?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

WhatDo posted:

Is this the discord group or the mumble group? What day is follow-the-sledge day?

Mumble. Who are also the winners of this months Mumble vs Discord battle. Twice!

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Listen, we had a huge handicap.

We had an extremely good Tachanka.

Here's a highlight from the weekend: https://streamable.com/8ftf

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Fix your guns, Hard.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Obviously go full Nazi with censorship, why do you think game is designed so that Ash and Smoke are in the opposite teams? :rolleye:

Hard this is your bi-daily reminder that not being able to mute an single person in chat is an epitome of stupidity in game design.

The online player interaction aspect of the game is just supremely awful all around. I know people in this thread largely dislike Overwatch but that's something Blizzard has always been really good at and it's phenomenal in Overwatch. Uplay sucks (it SUCKS, Hard) and Siege really has no more than the most barebones online interface slapped on top of it. I really wish the profit motive weren't so real for it because it leaves very little time for expanding and polishing quality of life stuff like that when new content has to get pushed out the door constantly so the game can justify its right to continue existing.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't just have one match where I don't get any kills. I have to have 10 matches where I loving suck and I want to never play again afterwards.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Ularg posted:

I can't just have one match where I don't get any kills. I have to have 10 matches where I loving suck and I want to never play again afterwards.

Ya did fine, the teams we were up against were pretty good.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
At least Uplay is better than Origin right now.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
'no'

https://streamable.com/xkj3
Audio removed due to excessive peeking.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

At least Uplay is better than Origin right now.
While Origin itself is fine, they didn't quite think straight designing the UI/UX for Battlefield 1.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Paradigmata posted:

'no'

https://streamable.com/xkj3
Audio removed due to excessive peeking.

Less roaming more protecting the hostage. ;)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Finally finished my placement matches and got Silver 1. Perfect representation of how painfully average I am.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ularg posted:

Finally finished my placement matches and got Silver 1. Perfect representation of how painfully average I am.
That's way below average.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I was initially ranked silver but the ranks are a lot closer this season so you'll jump up to gold in no time if you aren't averaging one tk per round

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
0.8 W/L, 1.0K/D. Stuck playing Solo in the middle of the night with all these 300ping players.

So yea, now I know how bad I really am.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I shot the moon on my placement matches (not on purpose) and ranked at Copper 4. I'm silver 4 now, right where I was last season.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What I need are some good videos on strategy/tips because while half of my deaths are from slow reaction time, the other half are from poor positioning/decision making.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm real bad at attack because I want to get up in there with the action and I have three minutes to find someone to shoot at

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Ularg posted:

0.8 W/L, 1.0K/D. Stuck playing Solo in the middle of the night with all these 300ping players.

So yea, now I know how bad I really am.

I wouldn't stress your rank or your stats man.

Consider the following:

Thus far you've been playing with people who have been playing this game for well over a year at this point and I'd say you've been holding your own too. You don't know map callouts, you don't know all the Ops yet, and you don't know the best angles yet either. But all that stuff comes with time so I wouldn't let it discourage you too much.

As far as videos to watch I'd suggest this guy iceycat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvaDQ6csB4Y

For raw gameplay I'd suggest serenity17 or Macie Jay.

Lastly: your w/l is actually 1.71 so don't sweat the small stuff. You're doing fine.

*edit*

Linked an actual video for iceycat since apparently linking to his profile just breaks the link.

*edit2*

Also something to note that the iceycat stuff is good for Op breakdowns but you should probably take his opinions on accuracy and effectiveness with regards to weapons with a grain of salt. He's on console so guns that might be un-loving-controllable there are laser accurate on PC. Aside from that his Op breakdowns are some of the best.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 5, 2016

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I honestly think this game has made me better at Battlefield, and I'm like five hours played pvp, which is nothing. I still suck, but I know I suck less and less every day.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

In hindsight I wish I had team killed and disconnected every placement match so I could run around playing terrible gimmicks and messing with bad players in copper league.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
First ranked match after placements. My team are all 50 and below, enemy team is all 150 and above. Lost 1-4, now I'm bronze. yay. Now I get a giant fat "You suck" on my name whenever I play casual.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i must have lucked out because i have a .2 K:D ratio and placed in gold through matchmaker roulette.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ularg posted:

First ranked match after placements. My team are all 50 and below, enemy team is all 150 and above. Lost 1-4, now I'm bronze. yay. Now I get a giant fat "You suck" on my name whenever I play casual.

You want this though. The enemy will underestimate you and then scream about hax when you win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
You're not alone in feeling bad, I'm loving awful at this game. I played maybe 30 hours when it just got released and picked it up again for this first time since this weekend. I got placed at bronze 4 after my ranked matches which luckily immediately got upgraded to silver 1, yeesh, the shame! I'm having a great time though, but the abuse I get after going something like 0-2-5 is incredible (I do also have good games one in a while).

I usually do ok on defense but am often the first to die on attacking. I generally try to pick dudes I think are fundamentally useful, like rook and the anti-nade guy, but on attack I'm in love with the manliest of men, sledge and montagne. Unfortunately I clearly have no idea what do with them. In my defense I usually pick last, so I don't steal them from anyone competent. I think what I lack more than anything is map knowledge, and maybe some headshot accuracy. Compared to cs and bf, where map knowledge is already super duper important, and which I used to be reasonable at, I really think it's even more important here, so I hope it'll get better once I don't spend most of the drone-time desperately trying to find out where the stairs even are. For some reason I usually do well on favelas, so it's become my favorite map.

• Locked thread