Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

No. I am saying it is not a good design decision for the reason you provided, because that reason would not be applicable either way. Teammates could not mark through your drones even if you could.
I see what you mean now, but that seems to be a very convoluted angle to approach the argument, given that teammates can mark from every other drone. I can't say that it is a good design decision to partially restrict the view from the camera of the Yokai indeed.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I only mark people because I do not trust in my ability to communicate where the enemy is and their ability to understand me. I know better already than to do that crapwhen I have a group
That is a problem, yes. I usually start marking if none of my stack are alive, and the remaining team is not giving any indications that they have figured out the intel I gave.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Echo being 3 armor sort of makes him a meh pick for me, to be honest. The fact that you can't shoot the drone unless it's a) jumped and b) jumped in a room with a specific ceiling height (meaning you can't jump it in larger atrium areas) also negates much of its advantages with cloaking.

The MP5SD is great but not 'deprive yourself of a potential c4 or gadget operator' great.
I don't like how finicky the Yokai can be with respect to sticking to a particular ceiling part, but giving it an unlimited height ceiling would be too much. Likewise, shooting from the ground would be too much as well - Echo would just corner-spam through the drone hole or some props in the room in question.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Echo being 3 armor sort of makes him a meh pick for me, to be honest. The fact that you can't shoot the drone unless it's a) jumped and b) jumped in a room with a specific ceiling height (meaning you can't jump it in larger atrium areas) also negates much of its advantages with cloaking.

The MP5SD is great but not 'deprive yourself of a potential c4 or gadget operator' great.
You can get around the height restriction in some places by throwing the drone up on a ledge/speaker/whatever before jumping it. It's way more annoying when it flies into a tiny bit of ceiling garbage and hovers like a giant idiot wasp before you can move it to the one spot where it'll actually stick.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There's a bunch of rooms (in the new loving map even) where the ceiling texture makes it impossible to see through. There's at least one room with fake leaves on the ceiling paneling that makes it impossible to see through.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Likewise, shooting from the ground would be too much as well - Echo would just corner-spam through the drone hole or some props in the room in question.

See, the thing is having to use the jump to fire off means you can't do the opposite of twitch drones; IE go out of drone holes and kill the charge being emplaced. Would force people to pay attention at least.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 6, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

See, the thing is having to use the jump to fire off means you can't do the opposite of twitch drones; IE go out of drone holes and kill the charge being emplaced. Would force people to pay attention at least.
Well, that's how defenders work. You get a portable, reasonably invisible camera, and you also want it to be an active combat gadget? HARD WHERE IS T-34 FOR LORD TACHANKA {-}7

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

HARD WHERE IS T-34 FOR LORD TACHANKA {-}7

Still wouldn't make Tachanka good. :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

Still wouldn't make Tachanka good. :v:
Right, Hibana would be a hard counter then. :smithicide:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i have been having really good luck with Tachanka by placing the gun on the objective in the prep phase and letting a drone spot it then move it to the front loving door of the house and killing a couple ppl with it for many laughs.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just took a win off a 4-gold team with a team with 4 unranked

felt p good even though it was a 4 v 5

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

A slow op that has a pretty good defensive ability that rewards team play vs roaming and you don't like him?

Color me shocked.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Echo is really powerful for area denial if you are doing it right. I hit the enemy with it, then immediately detach from ceiling and reposition it before hitting them again. Unless they get pretty lucky they don't find it and end up just living with it and dying, or abandoning the entire area.

Also if you aren't taking the shotgun for your secondary weapon you are missing out on some utility. You can make your own drone holes.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 6, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just having a portable camera is a huge deal if you actually make callouts.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Wait... pistol kills in multiplayer this week?

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ularg posted:

Wait... pistol kills in multiplayer this week?

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Pull it out to finish DBNO enemies when you can, rather than trying to get actual kills with a pistol (or even worse, playing a shield operator).

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wonder if machine pistols for Sledge/Smoke count.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Pull it out to finish DBNO enemies when you can, rather than trying to get actual kills with a pistol (or even worse, playing a shield operator).

I want to play Blitz without getting headshot through my shield :smith:

Edit: Those are SMGs.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

I've been teamed up with enough people that 1v1, 30 seconds left, they switch to their pistol and try to tacticool takedown the intelligently armed opposition. Like their gun is too long and they don't want it to get caught on anything.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I want to play Blitz without getting headshot through my shield :smith:

Me too, brother :smithicide:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Me too, brother :smithicide:
I can't say I prefer Blitz over Montagne all that much, but, heck, same. Again though that's mainly due to extended Montagne being the least fuckiest shield form we have for now.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

hm, weird inconsistency, looks like Hibana's doesn't count. I was trying to get the terrorist hunt challenge with her but it wasn't registering. Sledge's SMG11 works fine still though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Koramei posted:

hm, weird inconsistency, looks like Hibana's doesn't count. I was trying to get the terrorist hunt challenge with her but it wasn't registering. Sledge's SMG11 works fine still though.
If I remember correct, Japanese shotgun didn't could for t-hunt objective, so this might be the same thing.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
This appears to be some sort of big post on how ranks are calculated.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-277344-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I heard something about S4 weapons not being taken into accounts when it comes to challenges. It's been a while like back when Red Crow launched so could have been fixed but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't like stated above.

Oh cool they decided to post it :)

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

That is a great explanation. I really like that they are sticking by "MMR is not a reward system."

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.

Hard posted:

I heard something about S4 weapons not being taken into accounts when it comes to challenges. It's been a while like back when Red Crow launched so could have been fixed but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't like stated above.
S4 operators don't have w/l or k/d tracked on the multiplayer stats pages either.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
No matter what the statistical numbers say, in Season 3 I maybie saw a total of two players that werent worth being diamond in my oppinion and everyone worked his rear end off to achieve it. In Season 4, I can roflstomp whole diamond teams.

Bragging rights means nothing this season.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Presumably that will change by the end of the season?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Maybe Para is so good that all the other diamonds are nothing in comparison to him? He needs to be Diamond 2.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
0.5% are diamond.

Para: Bragging rights means nothing.

Intuition over stats and facts. You sound like my girlfriend Para :psyduck:

e: I guess what I'm saying is, Para you're genuinely really good at this dumb game. Might alter your perception. That or EU are bad because we can still get hosed while playing against plats in US.

Hard fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 6, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hard posted:

at this dumb game.

Dev confirmed, put it on the box.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

0.5% are diamond.

Para: Bragging rights means nothing.

e: I guess what I'm saying is, Para you're genuinely really good at this dumb game. Might alter your perception. That or EU are bad because we can still get hosed while playing against plats in US.
EU consistently is better than US at any competitive PC FPS. That was so 15 years ago, and continues to be now. We have 750 million population with overall Internet infrastructure significantly better than any given US state or Canadian province, hence at equal game popularity levels Europeans can practice far more than Americans do, and they don't have to fight the infrastructure in the process.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Lost me right here.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

slap me and kiss me posted:

Lost me right here.
That's just extra confirmation that he is a game developer.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

EU consistently is better than US at any competitive PC FPS. That was so 15 years ago, and continues to be now. We have 750 million population with overall Internet infrastructure significantly better than any given US state or Canadian province, hence at equal game popularity levels Europeans can practice far more than Americans do, and they don't have to fight the infrastructure in the process.

Counterpoint: every time I've played on the EU servers we've absolutely crushed them.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yea well your face is dumb and games usually come out later in Europe.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Well it could be like the hearthstone thread where over half the thread is in the top percentile of ranked so they developed a narrow perception of the game

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Counterpoint: every time I've played on the EU servers we've absolutely crushed them.
That would be counterpoint if I were saying that there are no bad players in EU, which certainly is not something I'll ever say.

Ularg posted:

Yea well your face is dumb and games usually come out later in Europe.
This implies that Americans are even worse, by the way. And no, it has been quite a while since any major games have released in Europe later than what amounts to a glorified time zone difference correction.

Also look at my face

vs yours

>:[

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

And no, it has been quite a while since any major games have released in Europe later than what amounts to a glorified time zone difference correction.

Yeah, all of two weeks.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, all of two weeks.
Steins;Gate visual novel does not count as a major game, I am sorry.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Steins;Gate visual novel does not count as a major game, I am sorry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Sun_and_Moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fair enough, Pokemon is one thing I certainly didn't consider, having never played any of the games, nor known any who has. Nor have I really seen a handheld console in these parts anywhere in the past decade. Looking at the sales figures for it, the game is selling 6 times worse in Europe than in the US, so I am not really surprised.

Either way, major games from modern franchises owned by non-Japanese publishers do tend come out on the same day more often than not, across the three major non-handheld platforms.

• Locked thread