Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Guess what got fixed?

Medlar posted:

Those are like our piss-cutter covers (hats) we wear with our "Service" uniforms (USMC and other militaries) and they were originally made to cover a high-and-tight haircut (or contemporary male fashion haircut, first inspired by the Nazis--seriously). Regulations require the cover to be worn straight and even, but during WW2-era those with combat experience frequently tilted their covers to indicate that experience (the Combat Action Ribbon, Combat Action Badge, etc didn't exist yet). It looks like it should be about the right size unless Twitch is actually normally smaller and she really is a blow-up doll.

That said, in modern times a similar-but-different design of that cover is made for women (the bottom part is significantly more curved and is not as "tall") to fit their hair. Obviously in WW2 Twitch didn't have access to modern piss-cutter technology. hon hon hon

Thanks for the explanation, seriously. I have an irrational dislike of tiny hats, and at least this is rooted in history and function.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I used to like the red dot sights but now it feels weird. With the triangle sights, do the bullets hit at the top point of the triangle, or the center of the triangle?

Thief posted:

and who knows... it'd be funny if the next defender op is somehow a perfect counter to him. dunno how they would actually do that though, maybe someone that can throw a ghostbusters trap on the floor and suck up a smoke cloud? :iiam:

Air - A girl that puts down electric fans.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

In high gold I've been running stupid gimmicks in an attempt to get back to bronze/silver. I mean I'll actually TRY an uncoordinated sledge rush or twitch drone-only. Half the time it either works or we win anyway because the team mates are so good. I'm probably part of the problem you're describing but the other players in gold/plat are so unfun to play against. They're so good and seem to have no fun playing. Last season I suicide placed low and really enjoyed ranked as the relaxed fun longer game mode where I have a tougher time in Casual tbh. My map knowledge is poo poo though.

Also, rank means something different during different times of day.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Loopoo posted:

What do you mean by that? As for you deranking on purpose, I can kinda sympathize. When I was in Gold, it was no fun at all. Almost every game was a loss because the skill jump was just insane. I ended up quickly falling down to Bronze even though I wasn't actively trying to fail. Those were a rough few days and my mate almost didn't pick the game back up again.

This kind of applies to any game with a ranked mode and regional servers. When you play at 3am, you are playing against a pool of players that plays the game constantly or at any hours of the day. When you play at 6 pm, the pool of players is mostly people with normal school/work lives or people who play for a couple set hours daily at the most. In my experience the former group tends to take the game more seriously, gets angrier, and is at a general higher skill level, making the exact same rank a different game. If you always play late at night or early in the morning, try afternoon or evening sometime.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Kikas posted:

Some Patches: http://steamcommunity.com/app/359550/discussions/0/135514823818110553/

Glaz gets better, takes Echo with him and there a few (a lot) important bugfixes. Also the Hibana pellets not detonating bug will be fixed come Season 2. And Montagne's revolver eats a nerf.
tl;dr version:

quote:

Tweaks to Glaz’s scope will make it easier

the only way to resolve the issue was to rebuild the backend design of Hibana’s gadget. This is not an easy task, but we have targeted this to be completed within Y2S2

Echo’s Yokai Drone disorients a player if it hits any body part.

FIXED – Operators are able to deploy their gadgets while prone.

FIXED – Reloading does not always properly reload the weapon, even if the animation plays. Bandit’s April Fools joke of replacing some magazines with empty ones was not received well by Rainbow Six Actual.

IQ
FIXED – IQ has the wrong nail polish color in 3rd person view.
:yum:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

^^^ thx

Carecat posted:

Defuser can't be planted on broken wood floor.

Oh wow! What are some good objectives to abuse this?

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 19, 2017

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I'm getting really bad screen tearing lately. I use an nvidia 1070 and fast sync generally solves all screen tearing / vsync issues ever. Others online seem to have experienced this too recently, possibly a problem in a newer nvidia driver.

Anyone able to weigh in on this ultra-specific issue?

e: vv lmbo

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 26, 2017

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Hard posted:

Got the same card but haven't updated to the latest driver just yet, my games fine now i'm not sure whether i want to try it out or not.

That's good. What are your driver and GeForce experience versions? Also your vsync settings both in-game and in the nvidia control panel?

I might just have to play with vsync's input lag for now :(

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 26, 2017

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I haven't seen Buck in a match for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Major Isoor posted:

Looks like Operation Health is finally working as intended, by forcing you to stop playing the game - in the hopes that you'll look after your real health by engaging in outdoor activities! :v:

It worked, I'm taking a big ol' break.

• Locked thread