Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Good Op.

Hard request: Add Recruit play time to attacker/defender stats on this page https://game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-gb/uplay/player-statistics/1dc842d2-9755-41c9-8429-0f139763ca9b/multiplayer

I rely on recruit so often these days I'm kinda curious what that number would look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

Also, I can't believe you're shilling your own game.

Hey man if you make a game that's as good (bad) as Siege you'll shill it everywhere too one day.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard:

One of our guys keeps going on about how the season end charm reward is based on the highest rank you achieved and not the rank you end the season at.

Is this true?

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Well this was definitely not the case in Seasons 1 and 2 as it was the source of endless hilarity when said person lost their plat a few days before the season closed out and didn't get the reward as a result.

Season 3 seems to have be the change to that if what he says is true.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I'm positive.

I mean unless of course Hard comes in here and shits on me lol.

But we've definitely had dudes lose plat literally days before the season concluded and only get the gold charm.

It's dumb to care about in game ranks/rewards etc but I find that the season end charm is one of the only meaningful in game rewards as its something you really have to work for to earn. It's why I like the ubi challenges that you can do to earn gun charms since they're usually character challenges that reward playing the game differently.

If it's now, or always was, rewarded for achieving the rank and then not maintaining that imo kinda removes some of the.. charm... of the charm. Someone could just place really well and then never play ranked again for the season. Not saying that it isn't possible to do that now but it felt like it was way harder to do something like that in S2/S3 compared to now.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

https://streamable.com/8ftf

Sometimes the enemy team has great comedic timing.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

What are the type of places castle's super boards good for? Can they still melee them?

IMO there is two ways to play Castle.

1. As stated above, board up certain entrances to funnel attackers into a specific kill box for you/your team.

2. Slow them down.

Playing the first strat is fairly difficult as you have to not only put the blockades up in places that will funnel the enemy in the correct direction but also not impede your teammates ability to move. It's the kind of thing that if done wrong could severely negatively impact your team as you may unintentionally give the enemy an advantage. Can't tell you how many times we've used the enemy teams blockades against them. Which is why I suggest playing for time instead as its much easier to do and often times much more effective. You would instead wait it out and keep yourself alive for as long as possible. Let your team do their thing and you pick off anyone that gets near you. When the timer starts to run down to a minute or less start putting up Castle walls to lock out the objective. This works even better if you have a smoke on your team hanging out with you as if they somehow manage to get through blockade fast enough you can just have smoke block it up with his gas.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Listen, we had a huge handicap.

We had an extremely good Tachanka.

Here's a highlight from the weekend: https://streamable.com/8ftf

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Ularg posted:

0.8 W/L, 1.0K/D. Stuck playing Solo in the middle of the night with all these 300ping players.

So yea, now I know how bad I really am.

I wouldn't stress your rank or your stats man.

Consider the following:

Thus far you've been playing with people who have been playing this game for well over a year at this point and I'd say you've been holding your own too. You don't know map callouts, you don't know all the Ops yet, and you don't know the best angles yet either. But all that stuff comes with time so I wouldn't let it discourage you too much.

As far as videos to watch I'd suggest this guy iceycat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvaDQ6csB4Y

For raw gameplay I'd suggest serenity17 or Macie Jay.

Lastly: your w/l is actually 1.71 so don't sweat the small stuff. You're doing fine.

*edit*

Linked an actual video for iceycat since apparently linking to his profile just breaks the link.

*edit2*

Also something to note that the iceycat stuff is good for Op breakdowns but you should probably take his opinions on accuracy and effectiveness with regards to weapons with a grain of salt. He's on console so guns that might be un-loving-controllable there are laser accurate on PC. Aside from that his Op breakdowns are some of the best.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 5, 2016

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Echo being 3 armor sort of makes him a meh pick for me, to be honest. The fact that you can't shoot the drone unless it's a) jumped and b) jumped in a room with a specific ceiling height (meaning you can't jump it in larger atrium areas) also negates much of its advantages with cloaking.

The MP5SD is great but not 'deprive yourself of a potential c4 or gadget operator' great.

A slow op that has a pretty good defensive ability that rewards team play vs roaming and you don't like him?

Color me shocked.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard, make player dialog audible for both sides so we can hear IQ scream at the top of her lungs about how she's got her scanner out.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I solved my sound problem by installing Equalizer APO and finding settings that made my sound better and louder.

Then I went too loud and blew some of my headset, I get crackles on real bassy stuff now. But I can hear footsteps and other things much more clearly! Any recommendations for $50-75 headsets that won't blow out easily and also have a mic?

EDIT: My current set is the Microsft LifeChat LX-3000.

Probably HyperX Cloud II if it hasn't been said already. They also have step down versions of the headset that remove things like the mic, the usb DAC, and the swapable ear pads if you are tight on money. If things are super tight you can also opt to get the HyperX Cloud Stinger ($49 on amazon) which uses the exact same drivers as the Cloud Core and exact same mic as well only now its non removable and its also now a fully plastic headset. But generally you'll get something that sounds on par with the Cloud line of headsets with the Stinger.

If you somehow find yourself with 150-200 dollars burning a hole in your pocket and you absolutely must have a gaming headset then the Sennheiser GAME ONE ($168 on amazon) is a really solid option.

And if you literally have no money at all: Sennheiser HD202 ($24 on amazon) is probably your best bet. No integrated mic but you can get the Zalman Zm-Mic1 ($7 on amazon) and you'd easily have one of the cheapest but best sounding headphones both to you and to the people you play with for well under $40.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I bought them.

Because I'm on a quest to fund the game entirely through micro transactions.

http://i.imgur.com/ncu8xii.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LnSBepO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bR8G7dk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dJLWwPQ.jpg

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

All dem season passes :homebrew:

Bitching aside, i'm just happy that we did something cool enough for people to be willing to support 1 year later.

Serious talk, i should spend some time with you guys.

Yeah come swim with the Whales of this siege community Hard.

We sing beautifully.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm having flashbacks from the extended edition of the first Hobbit movie, thanks.

It's actually more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ChXUChtNc

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Fatman takes a bath in glorious seven hundred and twenty P.

Thought that was obvious.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard please put up a 100 dollar "all skins" pass.

I'll buy it multiple times.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Ularg posted:

I don't know how you're supposed to use any of the non-dlc operator shotguns and get any kills unless people are just straight up terrible. I've seen people use lasers and others tell me to never use lasers. I've seen people always hipfire and always ADS. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. I also envy anyone that can make a non-acog work. Saw a thermite with Holo sight and I just wouldn't be able to do anything with that. Not only is an acog required to look inside rooms, without the magnification enemies are just too loving tiny to see.

Also, didn't know this was even possible:

Here is my completely scientific and totally factual guide on how to fire each shotgun in the game starting with my favorite:

Saiga (Russian Ops): don't ADS, just dump.
Super90 (Frost): Both, just dump.
Master Key (Buck): Don't ADS, just dump. Also not recommended for killing.
M1014 (FBI OPS): Don't ADS, just dump.
CQB (GIGN OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.
M590 (SAS OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.
M870 (GSG9 OPS): Don't ADS, just dump.
SPAS12 (Val): ADS, just dump.
SPAS15 (Cav): Both, just dump.
Supernova (Kawaii desu OPS): ADS, be on their nuts before firing.

I hope this helps.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Black Griffon posted:

How is the EU demographic on Mumble/Discord by the way? And are goons trending towards any of the VOIPs? I'd love to never have to use discord.

Fuk u m8.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

You can play Siege with goons whenever.

As long as you shoot Vertex in the back of the head before he places a Tachanka turret facing us.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Last night was both the most fun and most savage night of casual siege I've had since I started.

All the pros coming out for the Tachanka charm.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Sounds like Shadowplay has autodetected your mic as your soundcard.

You might have to individually set all your options in the windows sound manager to correct it.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard,

When you guys roll back the FUZE buff because all the youtube superstars complain to you guys about him being OP can you instead make it so that we can swap his lethal charges for non lethal? (Flash and Smoke)

Tia.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

That's a weird assumption to make however the suggestion part is noted ;)

We like to joke that Ubi makes all the balance changes based entirely around Serenity's snap judgements. :P

I expect to see my name written in dicks on the texture of the non lethal Fuze charge when you steal my idea and implement it in game.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard we need answers for the important questions and we need them now.

Starting with what the gently caress this is:

http://imgur.com/FoykImq

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Perfect.

Then we can find in the shade.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://streamable.com/pda5w

Hard! :argh:

(Nevermind the audio desync, Lightworks does not like variable framerate recordings)

I have to handbrake all my video to 60fps because of how shadowplay/plays.tv and I assume RELIVE capture video.

Annoying, but at least the audio doesn't get hosed up.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

It's not an issue.

Shadowplay, plays.tv, and ReLIVE all record with a variable framerate so that in the event your performance is tanking the GPU can focus on making the game run as best it can instead of worrying about maintaining 60fps on your capture.

In most cases video editors can't handle variable framerate video without you running into the audio desync issue. Easy fix is to just handbrake everything to whatever framerate you plan on exporting the final clip in.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I've got almost 1tb of video.

Have a bit more spare time so I'm cutting together a bunch of the clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruo1x8Ujw48

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 20, 2016

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

keyframe posted:

11$ for Blitz bushido skin, give me a break...

Did you buy it yet?

I'm buying mine tonight.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I like how this is now a threat.

"That's going into a clip".

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard come to PAX East.

I promise not to kiss you on the mouth.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Got a two for one rage quit tonight.

Well technically I guess a four for one since all of them but one quit after this moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I8LV7uwTEE

Siege GOTY all years.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I've got 500 hours logged and I'm closing in on something retarded like close to 600 dollars spent on stupid microtransaction bullshit.

I got disconnected last night so give me a loving refund right now Hard or else!

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Unfortunately the answer is to learn how to counter peek which is not the easiest thing to pick up on.

If you find yourself getting wrecked after walking into seemingly clear rooms I'd suggest spending more time droning before entering.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH9pii2Y9UU

Hard pls.

Tachanka... he's seen so much.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

it's just super busted like every other loving shield in the game.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Space T Rex posted:

PICK UP THE loving ARMOR.

Please add this to the "tips" section for every single operator. I am so god drat sick of people just walking right by my perfectly good armor!!!! gently caress

Maybe they don't want your smelly armor.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

I prefer other methods of being an rear end in a top hat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPCH7VGh_-Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

Seriously just drop your armor, remind people once if theres some left and move on with your life.

''We would have won if you had picked your armor'' said no one ever.

That's the most tame Polka reaction ever.

It might have something to do with me and Demo playing a literal game of tag the match prior.

The 1am to 3am games tend to turn into full on goofball hour which polka, bless him, tends to show up for.

• Locked thread