Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

This was pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiSz4K7VrjU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Gamerofthegame posted:

fyi post more videos

I post ~4+ Videos a month that I didn't put in the thread because I didn't want to be spamming annoying Australians every few pages, but if people want them I will put them here.

Here's the most recent two.

November mega-video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QZQvjTMsO8
December Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UDxJrSpASU

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

They are pretty decent to put on windows like Maps Office where you can shoot anyone trying to breach them from skybridge / the other building. On Oregon in the basement I usually castle off the construction site entrance and annex the concrete room. You can get 3 castle barricades in a row they have to get through if they insist on going through there.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Echo is really powerful for area denial if you are doing it right. I hit the enemy with it, then immediately detach from ceiling and reposition it before hitting them again. Unless they get pretty lucky they don't find it and end up just living with it and dying, or abandoning the entire area.

Also if you aren't taking the shotgun for your secondary weapon you are missing out on some utility. You can make your own drone holes.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Dec 6, 2016

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Aus / NZ Siege Dec #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMGiFFGYJsY

I made it to Gold and immediately lost it last night :smith:

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Hard posted:

Pretty much this.

A thing I've brought up to the sound guys is to be able to differentiate an ATK using his drone from a DEF going on cam. It's the same sound and i'm always like '' hum guys, did any one of you just went on cams/drone?''

Another thing to the pile i guess.

If this is something desirable maybe they shouldn't all be using the same smartphone. It wouldn't make sense for them to have different sounds unless you make the guy yell out LETS HAVE A LOOK AT THIS DRONE THEN.

Also is "placing claymore B)" voice line team only? If not that is a bit awkward.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Roobanguy posted:

i wanna say all the character voices are team only.

They weren't before, I really hope they are now! I can't remember a recent time I heard someone on the other team at all though.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

quote:

I bought the season one pass right before red crow dropped and the season two right as soon as it became available. Hundreds of hours and a full year later I'm still playing nearly every night.

Same here. I had enough renown to unlock both Japanese operators but decided to give them the money instead.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

If you put a Vector in this game please make it a primary weapon because we don't need a even more powerful smg-11.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Flipswitch posted:

How does heavy barrel interact with weapons? does it up the recoil? Trying to suss out how to run Frost with her SMG cause I think she's cool. I suck at this game though.

It doesn't do anything except decrease damage falloff at range. It sort of does "up the recoil" as you can't put a recoil reducing attachment on the barrel if you are using it.

It also makes your gun a lot longer so it can be seen around corners much more easily.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I don't mind the bearing 9 because I find the two non-shotgun weapons for SAT garbage. Bearing 9 is my primary weapon.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

The MP5SD damage is so low and you already have a SMG in the secondary slot. There's not really a reason to use it over a utility shotgun.

The Hibana Rifle is probably just me being weird but I always have problems with the 20 round magazine size. I do a lot of suppressive firing normally and usually wonder where my extra 10 bullets are. (I usually am Fuze with a machine gun) I usually take the shotgun for her as well.

Re: how do I use Fuze MG, ideally you never want to be firing it directly at a person as a reaction. Find out where the enemy is, then just hold down mouse1 through walls/floor/cover if you are 66%+ sure someone is there.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 15, 2016

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Mad comms where I am 2 floors above the objective in boat outside cockpit and get my head traced through a wall for 5 seconds at range when they have no valkyrie or external cameras up. A lot of suss people since patch.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

If you stare at the fire barrels your FPS tanks hard. If they're out of view it's not too bad.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Here's some new videos from Aus / NZ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at0VnsCspng
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHag4otUMOE

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

quote:

Anyone else completely unable to play right now? I don't know if it's Ubi's servers but I can't even get Uplay to launch the game and if it does finally launch it just sits at "connecting to the Siege servers" forever.

There was horrific rubber banding and disconnects 8 hours ago on eastern Australia data centre, so yeah I think something at Ubisoft broke.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

It's getting into unplayable territory where I:

1) go to barricade a door and change my mind because I'm under fire
2) teleport into the room the enemies are in
3) somehow rubber band out of it and then teleport back into the doorway i was barricading
4) teleport again and have my characters hands fly up intro the air as he barricades the door in (1) from 2 doors down the hallway. The barricade is completed. Somehow it gets done.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 31, 2016

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I'd like more of these or at least more uniforms for the people that don't have any.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Maybe they'll get Blackbeard right this time.

IMO There's no right for Blackbeard while his ability is to at some level negate upper body shots. Anything over useless will immediately move into "too strong". I think they made a big mistake putting him into the game, realised it, but don't know how to un-make him in a way that won't piss everyone off.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

There's no way hitting a gas canister through a wall sometimes without being able to see it is intentional.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Termy - can eat wood to create murder holes silently and regain health. Takes double damage from toxic gas bombs as he is a bug. There is a 1/9 chance per season that he is removed from the game, as he is a bug, but if that happens he can return each season (1/3 chance)

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Nickname Pending posted:

I don't think so. I tried it once and it was down but not stapled and I was still killed.

It definitely does block bullets. One of my team's uhh, "tactics" is to suppress the enemy and then immediately have castle (usually me) run up and put it up. You can hear the bullets smacking into the barricade as the enemies full auto trying to kill you. I almost never die doing it. I made some videos of it but it's so commonplace now I don't bother recording it.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Can you make the heat radiate out of the centre of the body so the minute pixels glaz spots aren't the same temperature as the sun?

Also stop his scope from being able to magically see all obstacles through smoke

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I had someone last night give me some decent information about an incoming enemy but then didn't approve of my ambush location and started abusing me while the enemy was approaching while giving no alternatives. :v:

Also "Throw your smoke, Smoke" from a spectator with no indication of where it should be going or where the enemy was spotted is not helpful.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 16, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I don't know what happened recently but several times now pubbies have learnt to bash my Montagne shield and then have their buddy shotgun my legs during the shield recoil.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

https://gfycat.com/TidyGivingIndusriverdolphin

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Wargame: Red Dragon taught me Poland just uses napalm to sort all it's problems out so I was looking forward to the flamethrower team member but I guess I'll just have to wait.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I always use the revolver on whoever can take it. It's very useful as a medium range weapon paired with the shotgun. You can do some serious damage with it if the enemy is unaware of you and they are outside shotgun range, like through a drone hole or whatever.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Max Speed + Minimum gadget:

Ash / IQ / Capitao
Jaeger / Caveira kind of

Slower dudes with minimum gadget:

Sledge / Buck / Blackbeard
Rook

Gadget user but you might like:
Thatcher (destroys electronic gadgets with EMP grenades, sometimes pretty important you throw one at a wall your team is trying to breach though)
Pulse (heartbeat scanner gadget but it helps find people to shoot)

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 20, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

My favourite castle zone is construction entrance to basement on Oregon. You can force them through all 3 castle barricades while shooting at their feet and throwing impact grenades the entire way, and if it's just ash she sometimes gets stuck at barricade 3 after wasting her 2 breach rounds and just leaves and goes home.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Learning a recoil pattern for a video game gun is dumb, if you want control don't hold the button down and take the time to aim again. I don't see how that is any less ~skill based~

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I found someone there indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EVVlY-_vYE

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Is there any point reporting 'suspicious behaviour' when the round 1 is about to start and GasTheJews1488 types a bunch of racist poo poo with no context? This happens nearly every game but I never see the same players again so idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

On EAU nearly every match in ranked has at least 1 megaracist, and up to an entire team of "Heheheh is this bots???? EZ EZ EZ EZ WIN" even if it is overtime 4-5. It's usually the guy lowest on the scoreboard that is the loudest too which is funny.

Casual is awful I'm too scared to go in there

• Locked thread