Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Update for PC when?

I have been downloading since 8am pst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Hard are you guys aware of the random server freezes that keep happening in game?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Hard I will personally paypal you money if you make it so other people can't mark from your drone in the drone phase.

Dear dumb players, stop marking enemies from well placed drones for your useless 5 points. You are not getting MVP with that, trust me.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Ela and Echo are pretty hard counters to Rook. Throwing a stun mine will also stop someone from defusing. Their ability to interrupt held actions is much bigger than their combat effectiveness.

Confused how Echo is a counter to Rook? :confused:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Macros through mouse firmware are indeed detectable only through inspecting a replay/video recording. And don't worry, in real environment they work like poo poo (see CS:GO), and will be even less useful/effective in Siege because of considerably shorter TTK.

Can you explain to us in detail how not having recoil on your gun works like poo poo "in a real environment"? Because I am pretty sure not having recoil on your gun works pretty loving great in a fps with short ttk.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

AbortRetryFail posted:

Is there any point reporting 'suspicious behaviour' when the round 1 is about to start and GasTheJews1488 types a bunch of racist poo poo with no context? This happens nearly every game but I never see the same players again so idk

Nope. Ubi doesn't do poo poo. We reported many times with screenshots and all and keep seeing the same racist assholes week after week.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Man I love getting knifed through my fully extended Montagne shield and then in the kill cam the enemy is knifing from behind me even though they were in front of me on my screen. :negative:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklingClearThymeUnSane

lol wut

fix your broke game for pro-league hard

This made my week. :laffo:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Thief posted:

too busy trying to decide which mask will enrage silvers more when i don't step foot in the house until the last 30 seconds:

having made a cyber barbie outfit for every character in the game now, i won't stop opening alpha packs until i get the tiny alpha pack charm

gimp glaz is best glaz.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
From what I played this is a drat good season. All the new ops are good and change the meta in fun ways. Good job Hard.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Best feeling in this game is shooting the echo drone with your twitch drone. You can just feel the hate. :laugh:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Tale of a sad Cav player:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LachrymoseDrabWolverineGOWSkull

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Live. Die. Repeat.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SillyTemperedCockroachSoBayed

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Yea if I had a bitcoin for every time I died to a ash/ela hitbox bs I would have enough to buy ubisoft and fix this game.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Siege is alive!

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Vooze posted:

Had a quick skim of the thread but couldn't find anything: Any ausgoons playing this on the regs in the discord/a discord?

I'm potato but would love to play casual with people who know what they're doing.

We can start a AUS goons channel there. Just hop on discord. You guys are welcome to join us too. There are lots of discord players from Europe who play on east coast servers. I am guessing AUS pings will be similar.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Ubisoft can literally turn this game into a billion dollar franchise if they sold custom Dokkaebi ringtones curated from the worst songs around.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Knifegrab posted:

Has anyone done hostage rescue on tower? I've never seen it and am wondering how it would even work...

You have to rappel outside the windows and go down to a platform.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Jedrick posted:

X-quoting from cosplay thread:

Oh poo poo I saw that earlier and I thought it was concept art. That is one badass cosplay.

In other news nothing beats throwing four concussion shots in a room as Zofia and walking in to find one sad dude trying to get his bearings and mowing him down. I think she is fast becoming my favorite attacker.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Knifegrab posted:

Man Vigil is a pointless operator. Like his guns are fine, but his ability is hot hot dog poo poo. I really cannot wrap my head around how they added an operator who can ring phones, on every defender, twice per round, and can hack cameras, then also added an operator who can revive herself when downed, while having the abiilty for instant ranged breaches and bounced concussions grenades, and then finally they add the physical embodiment of a wet fart of an operator named Vigil.

Ooooo he is invisible to drones, how spooky! (except for the fact that every drone in a mile radius knows he's nearby, and there is even a effect that gets stronger so you can determine exactly what room he is in). Wow what a strong operator, you know he's in a room just not sure exactly what corner!

It would have been cool if his ability gave false info to drones like they see vigil where he is not.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

I said come in! posted:

The first of the year 3 characters is expected in March?

Probably, with a mid season balance patch in between now and then.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Knifegrab posted:

More than one please. I want lesions levels of traps. (ones I can deploy by hucking too)

Anything that will annoy cav players is a-ok by me. gently caress cav players :(

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Just got the game and decided to run some Terrohunts to get a good feel for the controls/maps.
First 4 games were a dude TK everyone at round start, another dude downing/rezzing the hostage til he got bored and just iced him, another TK, and some child and his child friends begging a dude to let him play Smoke I think.

Welcome to Siege I guess.

Just run it lone wolf.

Or join discord and we will show you the ropes.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I really envy pubbie teams that have good montagne synergy. Whenever I play him my team is never with me and I have to fight three guys alone at the same time.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

tomdidiot posted:

So, I just started playing Siege (picked it up in the steam sale, and have to say that I am absoutely loving it so far; best shooter I've played in years, far better than Overwatch. Now, how do I Git gud? I'm finding myself with really low K/D ratios right now :( I'm currently learning how to play mostly Twitch and Thatcher on the Offense, and Valkyrie and Ela on the defence. (I was mucking about with Mira for a bit, but I really suck as her). I guess I don't have the lightning reflex reaction times as other people because I've come from RTSs and TBSs.

Hop on discord and join a group. As long as you can aim and shoot the rest is just map knowledge and practice.

-If you are a new player do not roam the map on defense. Just learn to be patient and cover one or two angles.

-Do NOT peek the attackers if you know they are coming to you. It is much better to get a great angle to shoot them from and stay quiet. We have enough lovely players on discord that can't resist to run into the room with rook making a ton of sound then go "gently caress!" when they get domed.

-When you are attacking drone ahead. Always drone ahead before breaking doors or whatever. That ten seconds you spend droning will save your life.

-Do not break away from team and go in solo when attacking especially when you don't know the maps. You will just get interrogated by Caveira and ruin the rest of the team.

Again just hop on discord and play with us. Siege is meant to be played in a group that communicates.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I am gonna get the IQ one for sure. :3:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Soggy Chips posted:

The link has expired :smith:

Here you go:

https://discord.gg/MCQvh79

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Wooper posted:

Personally I wouldn't use a silencer on any gun as a defender.

It is great if you are playing a roamer.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Fart Car '97 posted:

Silencers are cool but most of the things that make them good are mitigated by communication

Nah it is very hard to tell where you are getting shot from if a defender is attacking you with the silencer as opposed to everyone pretty much immediately pinpointing where you are at when you fire unsuppressed shots. It also changes the recoil pattern which I prefer on some guns because it makes it easier to headshot.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

pedro0930 posted:

The discord link on the first page seems to have expired. Can someone post a new one?

https://discord.gg/MCQvh79

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Sprechensiesexy posted:

Well if it gets better I don't mind. The 13 year old foul mouthed southern europeans on casual that started to bother me seem to be absent in ranked.

It will get better once the game has a idea of your mmr. I have great ranked games %99 of the time when I solo queue with pubbies.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Got gifted the starter edition of the game and put a few hours in and love the game. Whats the easiest or best way to start upgrading my way up in terms of operators? Or which ones are the good ones from each season?

The best way is to go buy the regular edition of the game or good luck. Starter edition is poo poo.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Thief posted:

everyone always tells new players to get rook but all that guy does is drop a box of armor. like he is literally more boring than a recruit imo. sorry rook mains, thanks for the t shirts tho

Thank you!

gently caress rook. The armor does no loving difference whatsoever in firefights and I would much rather have someone playing bandit/mute/jaeger/doc over lovely rook but every newbie player just slam picks him and drops armor and is useless the rest of the round.

Say no to rook.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
I am proud that our class of 2017 discord siege noobs are turning into good players lately. :unsmith:

Also if nobody objects I will make a new Siege thread since Hard is gone and we have no way of updating the OP.

keyframe fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
:siren: NEW THREAD GOONS :siren:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845567

:snoop:

• Locked thread