Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I'm gonna buy like three elite skins, and it doesn't matter whether this game is somewhat broken or not broken at all.

Pls. make a Buck skin.

real edit: this game owns bones. Between the PC and the Xbone I've got four hundred hours logged, and I'm not close to sick of it.

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Why is everyone pinging 150+ tonight?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

RiperSnifler posted:

They really should just make a bunch of house maps with different layouts. Use all the same art assets too, nobody would care.

This, and use the same name and map picture for the loading screen, so you don't actually know which house you're playing in until you get to the prep phase.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Remove prep pictures too, and name all spawn points identically on all maps.

Upstairs Bedroom
Basement
Dining Room
Living Room

Cinci, Riper, I think we just invented a new game mode.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
This appears to be some sort of big post on how ranks are calculated.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-277344-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Intuition over stats and facts. You sound like my girlfriend Para :psyduck:

Lost me right here.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I can hear voice just fine. Lowering the voice in the mixer won't help because the game sound is at its limit while I'm using headphones. They're LifeChat 3000s (something like that) and quite nice otherwise. Just wish they had a separate volume button from Windows.

Maybe a DAC?

http://lifehacker.com/5903575/unleash-your-headphones-full-potential-with-a-usb-dac-and-amplifier

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Hehe. As mentioned already it used to be like that until season1 i think? Great fun to hear pulse yells out his gadget deployment on the other side of the wall.

On current topic:

My comms when i die are always like this: [Rage/Swear in french] -> [Apologies for raging] -> [Actual info on how i died]

Now that you guys have fixed cheating, are you going to yank the killcam from ranked again?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Having finally got around to playing Doom, I can say with confidence that R6* really needs to implement Vulkan as an option.

*and every other game

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Jeez that guy's huge.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
They mentioned lighting changes, but didn't say anything about further customization. Anything in the pipe?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Tachanka is now an invincible spawn killer.

You're welcome.

Cannot wait

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Patch notes are up

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Lemon-Lime posted:

Does anyone know if Montagne get full coverage against C4 explosions from the front while deployed?

"Every body part that is fully covered by the shield will resist up to 80% of the explosion damage."

I'd wager that he'll be considered to be fully covered, given that if he looks as you with the shield deployed, there's not a single part of him you can hit with a gun.

edit: "FIXED – Players receive threat indicators when being shot by suppressed weapons." neat.

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 14, 2016

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yes, I'm aware of what it says, I'm asking if it's actually working as described, because this is Siege.

Oh man, of course it works. Don't be silly.

However, by implementing this change, the view angle for all operators is now the feet.

Speaking of which, anyone have any tips on how to fix their audio so that both the game sounds and voice go through a headset? Somehow all of a sudden (after installing the latest radeon drivers), voices play over my monitor speakers and the rest of the game runs through the headset.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Go to audio control panel (speakers/playback devices when you right-click speaker down-right), and make sure that your headset there is both the default audio and the default communications device. If that's already the case, or setting it so fails to help, just disable the monitor and re-enable back when/if you need it.

The communication device was reassigned. That did it. Thanks!

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 15, 2016

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm having frequent crashes and I'm pretty sure its related to nVidia Share. My screen goes blank (usually some random color entirely) then the game crashes. Not long after that, Share crashes. I don't understand.

Have you revalidated your steam install? That fixed things for me awhile back

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I tell you, setting tachanka's turret up behind a shield is the greatest thing.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I was confused until I realized it was casting a shadow on the trapdoor, lmao

If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid.

This patch is so good.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
An amazing kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hebga6wZa2I

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I didn't make this, but I stand behind it's message.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You pretty much can always do so, unless you play on PC with AMD graphics card.

AMD's new ReLive system, once I installed it for the second time, is phenomenal for recording.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

lohli posted:

Doesn't seem to be working in Siege for me, I wondered if BE was blocking the hotkeys/overlay, but I've seen that others have been able to get it working, did you have to do anything special to get it to play nice with Siege(or rather, for Siege to play nice with it)?

Sure did. Step one was swearing at it for 30 minutes as I couldn't figure out why it was just saving 4kb files to the destination folder. Step two was completely uninstalling all my Radeon software and drivers. Step three was a fresh install, and then it all worked great.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

lohli posted:

When you say a fresh install I assume you're talking about running something like DDU and reinstalling drivers? Or do you mean the game?

Already did the former to no avail, poo poo works great in other games though.

I meant the former. If you've tried that, then I'm plum out of ideas. It looks like a bunch of people are having difficulty with it, so I'm sure there will be some fixes real soon.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Something weird has happened, and I am now only being matched with unrankeds, coppers, and the occasional silver. I am 30 points from Plat I.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Knife only is the best way to ruin this game.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Even if I was good enough to get thirty knife or gadget kills, I wouldn't be able to do it Christmas week. I got other poo poo to do.

It's four maps as Fuze, tops.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Holy poo poo the amount of ''knife-fight'' requests is annoying.

One player in particular was really hellbent on doing it:
~ This is Casual go play ranked we're trying to do challenges here.
~ This challenge is too hard by itself.
~ loving tryhards playing the game.

:psyboom:

You might have to be in silent step mode.

Also Chanka's turret kills does not count as gadget kills. I tried :saddowns:

The dumb thing is that on average, people are going to get 1 knife kill a round at most vs. a higher number of kills if they just use their gadgets in normal play

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Koramei posted:

1 knife kill a round? If we're not counting finishing people off or shields, I probably have less than 10 legit knife kills in like 300 hours of play.

I mean if everyone does the stupid "knives only" thing.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I don't care about the Blitz skin, but I would pay $8.99 for a way to report chat when kids get uppity.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-CA/events/sixinvitational.aspx

Come hang out in the blistering Canadian cold and tell me to fix my game up to my face.

If you don't turn out to be an awkward clown i might even take you out afterwards.

Gonna go up to a bunch of guys wearing ubi shirts, ask them all "hey, you hard?" See how fast I can get booted for unwanted sexual harassment.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
400 dpi on the mouse, 13 sensitivity.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Wooper posted:

one setting is a modifier to the other two

Scoped is a percentage or percentage reduction of unscoped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxBuiD11WDM

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 26, 2016

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Zaodai posted:

Did it just get added in the last day or so? I didn't see it when I was adding the various christmas challenges.

Every Tuesday.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
3D space!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0w54UGFSD4

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Shine posted:

Why is this not a game to play with a girlfriend? Am I only supposed to play the included PvE mode with other guys? Pretend I said "brother" instead of "girlfriend" and let me know if you'd still suggest puzzle platformer Trine as an alternative to a game about shooting people in the face through a wall.

Thanks, I don't remember seeing this before. "Dumb way" is putting it lightly; this screen is making the business analyst part of my head explode :psyboom:. "If the user wants to play X mode on Y map, then they should go to a settings screen and uncheck everything that isn't X and Y." Just let the player select a map and mode from a list on the lobby screen like every game ever made, you dolts. I hope you can at least access this screen without quitting to the main menu and disbanding the lobby?

I get that for the competitive mode, but I appreciate when games give you leeway for the private PvE modes. It won't take away from anybody's enjoyment of the online game if some people on a LAN are respawning in a game with zero MMR consequence for anybody. Arma is a good example of a game that caters to both ultra competitive players, and players who just want to gently caress around on private PvE servers with respawns.

Anyway, if the game doesn't allow it, then it doesn't allow it. I won't belabor the point. Thanks for humoring me.

The question is really why you'd want to play the PVE mode at all. If you want to play this with a partner, play the competitive side of things with her.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Huh. I was doing a solo terrorist hunt on skyscraper as Twitch, and had one baddie left. I was driving my drone around shooting at some emplaced c4 in the next room, when the last bad guy ran straight past my operative without firing a shot and started staring at my drone. I switched back to first person view and shot the dude in the back.

Hard was that just some weird glitch, or do terrorists only pursue your consciousness?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Zaodai posted:

Man, I don't know what happened over the last two days, but my uPlay went from being regular garbage like it always is to just straight up loving cancer. I got to play one whole game of Siege before it freaked out and my friend I was squadding with could no longer see me. Then I try to restart siege and uplay is like nah gently caress you. So I restart uplay and it sticks at Initiliaizing, so I try killing the processes and that doesn't help. I reboot and now uPlay is just having a stroke.

Is Steam really that hard to rip off? Jesus Christ. Origin is less poo poo than uPlay.

Did you try turning it off and on again?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

causticBeet posted:

My friend gets really weird rubber banding and visual lag while playing siege. Initially I wrote it off as lovely network on his end or video settings. But one day I was spectating him after dying and I could see the effects too.

When I'd swap to him, it would be choppy and laggy, but when I swapped back to any other teammate it was fine.

Any idea what could cause this sort of performance?

Tell him to throttle his torrents and netflix while he plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard, game, fix, etc.

• Locked thread