Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Space T Rex posted:

PICK UP THE loving ARMOR.

Please add this to the "tips" section for every single operator. I am so god drat sick of people just walking right by my perfectly good armor!!!! gently caress

Maybe if you'd dropped it at the beginning of the round, rather than after putting up both reinforcements and going afk to have a tea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Kikas posted:

Yeah right.

Hard, rebreak your game

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Can you at least add an option in settings to reverse legs?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They walk in after I finish droning because my life is a farce

Flank with a buddy

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

The Duggler posted:

Play Caveira and just do constant silent step laps around the map until you know where everybody is.

No doubt my favorite operator right now, silent step is game breaking

The fewer people who play her the better (because it means she's easier for me to select)

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

The Duggler posted:

The problem is lots of people like to play her because she has probably the best defensive skill if you can manage to get it off

I'm not sure about that; I've managed ~100 interrogations according to my stats page, and I can count on one hand the number of times that it was game-changing.

Her pistol though, hot diggity drat. Love that thing.

E: I'd love for them to tweak silent step so that it's 100% silent on all surfaces, but makes a bunch of regular-volume noise when you walk over debris on the floor.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Hard, when's that report toxic player option coming? I just endured a round with 'GASTHEJEWS1488,' who started screeching in a ridiculous fake accent about the holocaust when I called him out.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Holy gently caress you're playing the game wrong.

Nah. poo poo-talking people online is tolerable, that will never go away, but we can't tolerate actual racial slurs or antisemitism. There's a line.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I love team killing those people. I rarely solo queue and always have at least 2-3 friends with me. People get real upset when you TK them, and explain why when they ask. Then they get killed by the rest of the team so we don't have to worry about bans.

God's work.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

afkmacro posted:

So can we disable the secret ocean on favela? because that map still runs like doodoo.

Also new map looks fantastic, can't wait. You have to add swim trunks and sandal cosmetics for all operators now

Frost's vacation headgear needs to come back.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
This game just keeps getting .... worse.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

tjones posted:

You can disable text chat. All games have toxic players.

Not all games are built around team communication though, and on top of that, you can't very well disable microphones either.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Tell you what, if you half rear end me a little paint collage of his hateful texts in one cool .png i'll send it directly to whoever handles the guillotine.

Also, as a general FYI, they usually log the whole match when investigating issues like this so if for some reason you also replied with similar poo poo during said match, chances are you'll get the boot too. I guess if there was a lesson to give here it would be: Let them talk.

That's fair. If replying with 'bash the fash' gets me banned, so be it.

e: I should say that I already took time out of my day to report the lot of them through the official support channel. It just drives me mad that there's not a more visible punishment. Like I get that you guys can't comment on each individual case, but it would be great if there was some sort of running "players reported, players punished" tally somewhere so that we all know we're not just shouting into the void.

slap me and kiss me fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jan 26, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5rczh7/mira_ability_leaked_actual_video/

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Hard, your game's matchmaking is totally broke. Server connection issues every 30 seconds.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NgKMYeQWGQ

Noobs

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Poor hard. Everyone yells at him to fix the game. Then he does, and they're still yelling.

Hard I love you and hate you for this stupid game. But mostly love. :bigtran:

If Hard didn't want to get yelled at, he could have made a stupid garbage game that no-one liked. Instead, he made this awesome thing that we all love.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Patch notes

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-gb/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
One fast and one armoured operator from each side would be good, so you get a feel for how the game is played at both speeds -

Rook & Jager and Ash & Fuze would be good choices

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Are people back to using silencers again?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Ugh. 3465. What a way to end.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Cave's really taking stealth to a whole new level

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Deltasquid posted:

Hey guys, a friend bought this for me during the free weekend and I've played a bit of it since. We have about 14 hours under our belts but we still get our asses kicked like every single match. It's loads of fun but I'm wondering how to get better at this? My greatest problem seems to be that as defenders, I never know which walls to reinforce or where to put traps or anything. Do you just wing it, or is there a rule of thumb I can learn? Or does it all come down to map knowledge?

I also have a lot of trouble in that I get lost all the time. When walls get reinforced it almost feels claustrophobic on defence. I have no idea which rooms connect where and how, and I've had my team yell at me for running past the objective or stairs and stuff. Do I just get in custom games by myself and try to memorize the map lay-outs?

Stick with a buddy, take things slowly unless you're turning a corner, and remember that all of the action happens in the last 30 seconds.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
r6maps.com is another pretty good resource that gives you map names, camera locations, etc.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I think the obvious solution is to delete all of cinci's skins, then he won't have any universal skins to complain about.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Yacht with all the hatches closed: v. bad
Yacht with all the hatches open: super fun

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Sometimes this game is just the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVU-Z9888no

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Medlar posted:

Probably been posted a million times already but this is the one game we've played in years where comms and teamwork make the dream work.

And then one person makes a relatively minor mistake (or no mistake and an errant hockey puck magnetizes to a friendly's helmet two rooms away) and suddenly I'm telling my best internet buddies they should be placed into a maple leaf-emblazoned concentration camp.

Speaking of skill disparity above, I feel like this game has either new players, veteran-but-dumb players (majority), or players whose skill floor is the Armory in Hereford and they immediately burst out the windows and kill off half your team. I try picking ops to satisfy challenges but most of the time I'm happy to just use one of the unexciting-but-essential ops (Thatcher on offense, Rook or JAMMER on defense) now if it means a winning advantage. So long as I use Frost in the last winning defense round so the end screen is her goofy beachwear skin.

I feel like unmasking more of the female ops via DLC skins would incentivize more Clancy-bucks expenditures. Right now I'm sitting on north of 37,000 and I can't think of anything I want to blow it on.

That beachwear skin is the best headgear in the game.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
RPS says that this game has 10 million players now. Great work, Hard.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/14/rainbow-six-siege-interview-future/#more-429663

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Nickname Pending posted:

Is Fuze's LMG pretty viable? I actually have yet to use it, choosing his AK or shield instead. I figured it would be inaccurate or heavy on recoil. But I have recently watched some killcams of Fuze destroying me with it, so should I switch?

The LMG is always worthwhile.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Frost's vacation hat.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
How does the TK punishment system work? I've been seeing more blue on blue than usual lately, and I'm wondering about the mechanics of slapping troublemakers down.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Copper IV, I did it!

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

afkmacro posted:

They do need an EOD op though but it would have been American and they already have too many operators.

Delta City is an independent city state.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Koramei posted:

Anyone got tips on how to reliably reset people now? The last few times I tried, even when it's just a single shot from a pistol into their leg, they still just die outright. So I thought they must have just patched it out entirely, but I just saw Serenity is still doing it. What am I missing?

Shoot at a distance with a silenced pistol.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Not fixing anything, working on new op http://imgur.com/gallery/hJF05

Still waiting on the stepladder operator who can go up through hatches.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Carecat posted:

Even more grindy as it's not updating and possibly not tracking challenges on any platform right now!

2.1 might be the worst patch this game has ever had. How do you mess up functionality that's been in the game since literally launch day?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Issue has been acknowledged by Epi on reddit so they are working on it it seems.

I'm not talking officially but i wouldn't be surprised if they extend it / give it for free or something. Like they did for the France charm when '' Le 14 Juillet''' 's event took place.

Not that both events are on the same scale but more of the fact that challenges were off during an R6 event.

I hope for free. I've got a march break vacation lined up and not much time left to earn this thing.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Wooper posted:

The loot boxes are actually implemented on the dev build as a beta test. However it has been discovered that they just keep giving the same item over and over.

The item was a connection error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Saiga has silencer.

Best gun

• Locked thread