Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

My consistent problem is understanding when a room is just a death trap. Like, the entire room is 12 open angles one way or another. I feel like I need to hug the objective and die for it.
That and I'm really jumpy so when I get surprised by a sudden taking fire my hand jolts and I lose my orientation. I'm decent at fighting people I'm aware of though.

The trick is realising that last bit is the whole game. There aren't actually that many circumstances where twitch reflexes decide a fight, the game is all about forcing other players to move into your crosshairs through positioning and device usage.

Getting better at the game is not a case of getting better at aiming faster and thinking about it that way is going to frustrate you. It's about thinking more about how the map works, approach options, gadget interplay etc etc. It's still a steep slope to climb against people quite some way above you, but you'll feel the progress more if you measure your development in that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread