Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Yeah Hard has 100% confirmed that it's the highest rank you've achieved in the season and not what you end at.

WhatDo posted:

So I bought the season 2 pass and got 600 renown and was all good and happy. But then someone told me that I should have gotten 1200 for s2 pass since I own s1 pass.

Now I'm still good and happy, but hoping I qualify for another 600 renown windfall. Any truth to this?

Contact customer support and ask them to fix it. You get 600 Rainbux with Season Pass 2 and if you already owned Season Pass one you're supposed to get an extra bonus 600 Rainbux for a total of 1200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
The game, it is good.

Ularg posted:

Could be worse... GFWL.

We'd all finally forgotten about that nightmare software until you just HAD to bring it up again.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
All the DLC maps are good besides Yacht. Also I would totally love if they just released like 5 new maps that are just different houses.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

WhatDo posted:

Is this the discord group or the mumble group? What day is follow-the-sledge day?

Mumble. Who are also the winners of this months Mumble vs Discord battle. Twice!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Ularg posted:

I can't just have one match where I don't get any kills. I have to have 10 matches where I loving suck and I want to never play again afterwards.

Ya did fine, the teams we were up against were pretty good.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
If a room has too many openings then you should pick a more closed off side room to hide in that you can protect the objective room from. Do this in advance if possible and fortify the side room so you don't get surprise by someone breaking in behind you.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Maybe Para is so good that all the other diamonds are nothing in comparison to him? He needs to be Diamond 2.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
IIRC they changed voices to be team only at some point. They weren't originally but they are now. Nearly all other sounds are audible to both teams though including any shuffling you do when you spin around or ADS or whatever.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Heh-bah-nah or Heh-ban-ah?

Hibaņa

This is the hill I will die on.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

What am I looking for here? The glass shield reflecting on the wall?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

rap music posted:

:gary: GGGOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDD :yarg:

I'm proud of you

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Black Griffon posted:

How is the EU demographic on Mumble/Discord by the way? And are goons trending towards any of the VOIPs? I'd love to never have to use discord.

There's always a group or two on Mumble during peak US times, there are a few EU players who are on a lot too.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Tachanka gets a big ol Blackbeard style glass shield around his turret now. ~500hp

Blackbeard's shields reduced from 120 to 60hp. ADS time increased from .2 to .5 seconds.

Smoke can throw his grenades much farther.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 12, 2016

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
4th Bandit battery yessssssssssssss.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Finlands Sexiest posted:

Tatchanka still useless but maybe I'll just have to see him in action

Put him behind a deployable shield (which he can bring himself) or any solid waist high cover like a desk and he's gonna be pretty fuckin' hard to dislodge unless you're Capitao.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
During the stream they said recoil reduction on the UMP 45 (Pulse/Castle), Caviera's SMG, Frost's SMG, and Smoke's SMG.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
There are a lot more than there used to be. They just added uniforms in the last patch so I'm sure there are plenty more of those coming.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That's weird, they seem fine to me.

Hinbana's Type 89 is insanely good.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
IQ needs a ninja outfit.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I loving knifed Montagne and it downed him, FIX YOUR GAME HARD

I had a guy run right through a Kapkan trap at face level and it did 45 damage to him.

I wouldn't have known except he told me because he was confused as to why he was not dead.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Oh yeah Hard I forgot to tell you in Mumble earlier:

You know the tunnel in the club basement that ends with the shipping container? When you reinforce the two panels on the shipping container that can be breached they're bugged so that Bandit can't attach his batteries to them. They worked just fine until Red Crow.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Paradigmata posted:

I haven't even played it enough the last week to have the disco ball I asked for, half a year ago, due to lack of motivation.

Sometimes it's good to just take a break for a month or whatever if you're burned out. Then you can come back and learn to get gud again.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Check integrity of game files? Make sure UPnP is enabled on your router?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Megasabin posted:

Well this is the first game I've refunded on Steam. Nothing I did fixed that error code. Tried tons of different router settings, reinstalled, etc... Unbelievable that this has been out for a year, and there's still 3-4 threads a month on Reddit with this issue. Probably dodged a bullet if that's indicative of the game's quality control.

Sounds like it's too late but did you by chance try taking the router out of the equation by connecting the computer directly to the modem?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Yeah if someone's lagging due to poor network performance or something then it'll appear as rubber banding to anyone watching them.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

afkmacro posted:

They should add a raptor costume as a commemoration.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

lohli posted:

6 explody things sitting on the edge of a hole taunting you.

Time works the same way.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Sdoots posted:

Possibly related, is there something I'm doing wrong when it comes to Kapkan traps? It seems like whenever I try to deploy one on a window, I get the prompt in brief flashes. I have to sort of wiggle around the thing I want to trap and hope that I can get the prompt to stick around, and odds are by the time I've got the trap placed, the set-up time is over.

You want to look right at where you want the trap to go and then put it down. Since you can only put traps in the very middle of a window you have to be a little more specific where you look than on a door.

But IMO you should never put Kapkan traps on windows since they're either going to shoot the window open from afar and see the trap from a mile away or they're going to blow it open with a breaching charge and destroy the trap on accident. You'll have a lot more success putting them at varying heights on doors. Forehead height actually works very well on some doors because people are looking down low for traps and don't see the beam about to intersect their face.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Sorry, but there is no matchmaking in casual aside from group size.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Fair enough! That's counter to what Hard has told us in the past though which is why I said that.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

He should activate windows.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
nevermind misread!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Try turning off shadowplay.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
The solution here is to play with goons.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
It's sooooooo good that you can shoot directly through Tachanka's shield and kill him instantly with a headshot.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Cup Runneth Over posted:

There's nothing to achieve in any game. Go outside.

Siege broke poor Para :(

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

IQ can only see people with pulse right? I'm pretty sure I just saw the most blatant wall hacking in my life

Yeah she can only see Pulse when he has his monitor out. She can see Blitz's shield too but they're on the same team so it doesn't really matter. I think you can actually see when someone is holding a gadget out in front of them like a Jager ADS or something but that's pretty rare.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Thief posted:

forreal though aside from first minute roaming, it'll be a cool to see more people actually letting the hostage being captured assuming this will be a defensive ability

I think that'd be a very foolish strategy since it takes all of about 5 seconds to secure the hostage once you've picked them up on most maps. By the time you pop out and go "hmmm, it looks like they went thataway!" they'll have won or be so close to winning you'll have to pull off a hell of a shot to down them before they reach the secure area.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

What is itttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I hope it's a big pop up cage trap. Like you step on it like a Frost trap but instead of downing you it just makes it so you can't walk out of like a 3x3 area, can still shoot and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

AbortRetryFail posted:

IMO There's no right for Blackbeard while his ability is to at some level negate upper body shots. Anything over useless will immediately move into "too strong". I think they made a big mistake putting him into the game, realised it, but don't know how to un-make him in a way that won't piss everyone off.

Yeah I kind of agree, he just kind of throws the basic damage mechanics out the window and it's really just not a good idea.

He'd probably be acceptable if they un-nerfed his guns and left his shield the way it is though.

• Locked thread