Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I hope Mira gets a nitro cell so I can put it on the floor or ceiling directly below or above the mirror and blow people the gently caress up when they try to put a breaching charge on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Casual owns right now if you're playing with a group of 4-5. 24/7 newb stomp.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Kikas posted:

So, IQ gets access to HE grenades this patch. Wow.

:bisonyes:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Yeah like Jehde said the game is not at all about progressing through the unlocks. You get all the non dlc characters pretty quick and really the only reason you have to unlock them at all is so new players are forced to become acquainted with each of the characters over a longer period of time instead of having to figure out everyone at once.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Wooper posted:

I guess I'm happy people teammates can't pick stun grenades as IQ anymore.

I can't help but feel this was directed at me :v:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Obstacle2 posted:

If I have the 2 year pass, do I just get the two new operators for free or do I have to buy them once they are available to everyone?

Free now and forever.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Just got my first ever crash to desktop while ingame. I was playing Echo on Border and the game froze and then closed just as I was doing the animation to begin looking at Yokai.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Space T Rex posted:

Anyone else experience this fun new feature?

http://imgur.com/COXolBv

E: Although I'm already dead in the clip, this is all you can see while you're alive too. Also during the drone phase.

Yeah that happened to me on Hereford earlier. Lasts the entire match too so basically you have to disconnect your your team will be down a player the entire time. You can still move and interact with everything like normal even though you can't see anything so I had Polka directing me where to walk and aim in the hopes that I could blindly kill the last player on the enemy team after they destroyed the other 4 guys :v:

It's actually an old bug, I got it a couple times in like season 2 or 3. Must be another regression!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

In case this wasn't mentioned, IQ can see defenders on cameras now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df-a9nAW-yc

This rules. This and frags are exactly what IQ needed.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

That's an old bug too, although I've only ever seen it happen with Blitz. On his screen he's running around as normal and can interact with things and shoot people just fine, but on everyone else's screen he's standing off wherever. I think it started in season 3 or something and they fixed it, and then it came back this season. I had it happen to me on Kafe with an enemy Blitz.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I think I've seen someone say the N word maybe twice in the like 300 hours I've played since the game released, how does this happen to you so much??

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

The Duggler posted:

God drat this camera bug is frustrating,

Hard please tell me there is a fix coming down the line soon

Shouldn't take too long since they already fixed it a couple seasons ago! :v:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The trouble with flashbangs is it's pretty easy to avoid getting blinded by them if you spot them (cooking them can help reduce the time they'll have to react but it still might land behind a desk or something), and there's no way to really tell that they've worked except that you don't immediately get shot to death when you charge into the room. It's a gamble but learning how to time them and getting the positioning right can help. You can also try deliberately drawing people to looking at them - roll one under a door barricade and then smack/shoot the barricade before it goes off and odds are good someone will try to shoot at you through the door and get blinded (of course this means they'll also be aiming right where you're going to come in when they get blinded so it's not a great strategy since they might just get lucky with blind spray and kill you anyway).

People also have a bad habit of waiting after flashing so that it's worn off by the time they breach. When you hear that bang you need to be in the room immediately.

I should also mention that I am absolutely terrible at this game so this advice is more of an "in theory" kind of thing than based on actual successful experience.

Well first of all you can't cook flashbangs, they explode ~1 second after impact so you can just bounce them off the top of a wall inside a door or whatever and they'll explode midair. You also can't just look away from them and not be blinded. Objects between you and the flashbang are the only thing that will prevent you from being blinded, which is why it's good to get them to explode midair instead of on the ground where there's all sorts of random clutter.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
A cool bug is when Fuze's AK makes zero when firing even though he's not using a silencer.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I did an oopsie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJVE0qwvzuw

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I play using a HOTAS and pedals.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Half the people in plat/diamond are super unfun to play against so consider yourselves lucky.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Cold water is great for bloodstains I hear.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Wooper posted:

An update on a woman that has a face and may well have some lady parts to go with it:

Be honest Woop, you posted all of those yourself didn't you?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
ghost mode

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Hey Hard, do you know if character speeds are all equal for each category or does each character have a slightly different speed?

For instance does IQ move at the same speed as Ash since they're both speed 3 or is Ash slightly faster even though they're in the same category?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Turd Herder posted:

I think Glaz should see friendly and enemy targets the same in his scope. It would balance it a little bit.

New operator hands out IFF transponders.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Keshik posted:

I've been missing this game and the old wrecking crew so I'm gonna see how much has changed in the year or so since I last played.

From the first post, sounds like cheaters are finally dealt with. That poo poo was really bad around when Blackbeard came out.

Here's hoping I have enough renown for the new operators without having to contribute to PlanB's poutine fund.

Yeah hackers are all but gone nowadays.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Shooting Blanks posted:

How active is this game these days? Base game is down to $12.30 right now, considering buying it.

Edit: Followup - how much DLC is actually needed? Or is it all optional?

DLCs are two categories: cosmetics and season passes. The cosmetics are obviously totally optional. There's a pack to unlock all of last year's DLC operators (8 in total) but you can grind them out for free too. It doesn't take *that* long to unlock a DLC operator for free but it'll take quite awhile to unlock all 8. This year's season pass unlocks the two operators that were released this season and will unlock the 6 that will be released in the next 3 seasons. There's 20 operators in the base game that you'll unlock fairly quickly and everyone is pretty well balanced so you won't be at a disadvantage if you don't have the DLC operators.

Basically you don't need any DLC to play right away at all and if you decide you want more variety without grinding you can just buy the DLC operator pack/season pass at any time.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I get accused of hacking at least once a week and I'm loving terrible.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
A good rule of thumb is to NEVER EVER* break the mirror on purpose as a defender. They're an excellent intel tool but they very often turn into deathtraps for the defending team after someone decides to use them as an enormous kill hole in the objective room (or Twitch breaks them).

*rules are made to be broken and occasionally you'll find yourself in a situation where it's a great idea to break a mirror. Only do this if you're absolutely sure it will work in your favor and not gently caress your team over in the future.

It helps if you put the mirrors outside of the objective room in defensive approaches so that they don't leave the objective vulnerable after they get broken.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
BattleEye has been going nuts banning people today.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
IIRC he quit the pro league suddenly after people demanded he put up a webcam showing his screens. Not sure if he ever actually got banned but people were mad enough about him that they basically chased his rear end out of the proleagues.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Deltasquid posted:

EDIT: will the Y1 operators bundle be purchasable forever? Or does Ubisoft intend to drop it from the store page at some point in the future?

Well they don't exactly tell us most of their plans ahead of time but as a company that exists for the purpose of making money do you think they'd remove the ability for players to pay money to unlock something?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Possible, but purely cosmetic weapon skins are pretty different from playable characters. I guess worst case you could still buy them with clancybucks for x% more than the pack would cost you. How much of a savings is the pack anyway?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Castle walls should just be hinged doors that you can lock and unlock!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Please don't troll

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Patch request: Make all of Glaz's shots miss because I'm tired of seeing him every goddamn round.

Seriously. He's gotta be on like 90%+ of attacking teams.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Malcolm Excellent posted:

A Division Agent operator would be cool. Perhaps with the robot turret or the pulse skill?

I just want to take this opportunity to say that the Division headgear for Frost looks good as hell.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Yeah platinum level ranked is like 50% really good teams that can be fun to face if you're on top of your game and 50% teams that are total loving horseshit and are insanely unfun to face.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Extremely good that they changed it so you need four votes instead of 3 to kick some jackass from your team.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Carecat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H60M0jCVj1I

Reason behind a lot of WTF killed me deaths. The very first bit of the video is Pulse being killed by a rapelling Ash he cannot see at all.

Amazing. I'd noticed that but never really put it together like that coherently.

I love that they programmed the bullets to actually appear correctly visually but they didn't bother to make the damage match up! :bravo:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Sounds like that guy is addicted to irony, like a banned forums poster I used to know.

im permabanned siege player N1gg3r_lynch3r58. i first started playing siege when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "spawn peeking" and tried to do it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "get gud" and "i love licking inside jäger's rear end in a top hat" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "diamond" style of siege play was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" siege to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Party Plane Jones posted:

Tactical realism is a game mode with no markers/UI and limited reloads (eg, you reload a mag with 28 bullets left in it, you lost that mag) that can only be access through custom matches.

You actually don't lose the ammo it just doesn't pool the ammo so eventually you'll cycle back to your 28 round mag. Or 3 if you're me.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So what's the best way to use Buck's shotgun for breaching? It seems like it fucks up walls and hatches pretty well but for doors and windows it seems inconsistant?

There's a sweet spot for the range you need to shoot it at where it spreads a lot but still does sufficient damage. Play around with it and you'll get a feel for it. You can destroy doors and windows in two shots at that sweet spot range if you don't shoot at the same area twice. You wanna shoot the top part and then the bottom (or vice versa) and not just shoot the same area multiple times. If you shoot the same spot multiple times it'll usually take 3-4 shots instead of 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Buck is IMO the best Caviera hunter. Since she's only 1 armor it's really easy to blast her with the shotgun and down her in 1 shot before she can pistol you.

• Locked thread