Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Anyone think it is a little hosed up to give an employee control of the thread?

No offense, just kinda weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Koramei posted:

i just wanna say i appreciate that the new map has an adequate number of toilets for a change

I want to make games for you.

Also, do you think it is because they want to keep call-outs non confusing? Having more than one bathroom can cause some confusion.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

I've been teamed up with enough people that 1v1, 30 seconds left, they switch to their pistol and try to tacticool takedown the intelligently armed opposition. Like their gun is too long and they don't want it to get caught on anything.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

That is a great explanation. I really like that they are sticking by "MMR is not a reward system."

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

In game 5 and 6 of my placement matches last night my team consisted of a husband and wife duo who treated chat like the dinner table and a guy who was high and wanted to talk about 90's dance music while constantly engaging the couple in conversation. I couldn't hear a thing so I muted them all. We got 4-0'd. I left matchmaking, waited 30 seconds, jumped back in, and bam, right back on their team for game 2. That did not go well either.

It felt like someone mixed in XBL on my PC. Why play ranked when you're just going to dick around?

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

I get mad when I'm pixel shot through something really dumb. For instance, on the top end of the stairs in Club House between the railing and the floor, or between the slots of a pallet on top of something, and so on. Places where the barrel of a gun wouldn't even fit and the optics would be blocked 100%. I don't know if those little no-collision/view spots are there for gameplay reasons or aesthetic reasons. Under a door, above a reinforcement with a hole, and everything else is all fair game, but those little spots are bullshit. I'm sure that having little floating bullet decals or just little flashes would betray the vision of the game, but I think it is too far in the other direction maybe.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

afkmacro posted:

drat they're really milking it to the extreme.

They are kinda cool though :/

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

afkmacro posted:

poo poo used to be free back in my day. Granted it was client side but gently caress. I'm just mad I wasn't born ten years later. I played CS from 2000 till last year where I just couldn't keep up with today's kids anymore. I would have loved all this poo poo back then.

Skins are just a wang waving game. If no one could see your skins, would you still buy them? I would, but I don't think I'm with everyone on that.

I wish I could disable other people's skins but then I wouldn't be advertised to every round and that would not work.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

The nose exhale really makes it.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Siege is one of the few games that after having mixed results for a while I had to stop myself and really weigh the decision to breach/peek/move. In a lot of games I can rely on outshooting the enemy but it doesn't work that way most of the time (sometimes latency is on your side, sometimes it isn't or tiny sliver peek kills because you shoot out of your sight [or aim out of your barrel?]). A lot of bravado/ego comes into play when trading peeking shots and that tends to never work out in my favor.

Siege has made me much more critical of my decision making process; especially when it hands you so many tools to make more informed decisions.

Siege is FPS minesweeper.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Thief posted:

lol at the idea of enforcing standards of decency when people can just personally mute players they find too offensive or annoying to ignore

i'd rather have the devs spend their time actually improving the game and adding new content rather than trying to make their PvP virtual murder simulator a safe place

there are gonna be jerks in every multiplayer game... but for every random rear end in a top hat encountered in siege, i come across entire teams full of people trying to communicate constructively and work together even if they at times get frustrated and say naughty cuss words into their microphone

I'm glad they review toxic behavior. It hurts the community which hurts the number of players willing to come back which hurts the likelihood of new players coming in which hurts money.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Maybe just take away recruits so we don't have to see a bunch of backseat game designers think they know the developer's vision and balance better than they do.

This is a game of characters with asymmetrical sides and strengths and weaknesses. Expect to sacrifice potency if you want customization that crosses those lines.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

That first clip is pretty scummy.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Sdoots posted:

On the subject of early Siege...

Back in Alpha, the teams had names other than Orange and Blue. Attackers were Rogue Spear, and Defenders were Raven Shield. I think this was still around in the Beta testing.

Unfortunately that makes both teams RS for short.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Anybody having Uplay issues? Brother can't connect.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Party Plane Jones posted:

The ranked timer change is still awful, when is that being fixed? :colbert:

That time is one of the main reasons I play ranked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Knifegrab posted:

Does anyone else feel like sometimes their mouse sensitivity changes from play session to session? Sometimes when I launch the game I swear it feels more sluggish/zippy than before.

I had this last night. I couldn't tell whether it was FOV or mouse sensitivity that I felt change.

• Locked thread