Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
jesus christ siege

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

rap music posted:

wait they are temporarily pulling the shittiest maps and reworking them, and goons are pissed about that?

Some removed to rework temporarily, but the announcement also says:

"To be clear, not all maps that are removed from the Casual playlist will be reworked, but some of them will be over the course of the years to come.
We are quickly approaching the limit of our data sizes, and this will require a rework of how our maps are stored. As a result, we are currently planning on removing maps from the game entirely down the road (not in Season 3)."
https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-299564-16/changes-to-map-rotations-in-season-3

So, they're not reworking all the maps being removed, and some will just not come back period.

edit: including a link to be clear this isn't me paraphrasing

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 25, 2017

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Thief posted:

i heard from some other guy that mained kapkan a lot (because lol he's actually fun) that he's getting buffed to 2/2 speed/armor and getting 5 traps per round which would be neat if it ends up being true

2/2, 5 traps, no laser on them, no longer instant-kill (40 damage apparently).

and apparently Blitz can now sprint while shield up.

https://i.imgur.com/DJLSrJb.gifv

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 19, 2017

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

w00tmonger posted:

Is this coming, or already live. Because those 2 are my favorites

This is on the test server. People have been posting and showing off these changes on the subreddit.

And here's some of the recoil patterns. I'm still on the side of "this is stupid as hell."

https://imgur.com/a/7hhIc

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Penpal posted:

Those can't be real, they're even worse than cs:go, TTS or not

The last time I was told images I posted about an update can't be real was the film-grain patch for Colonial Marines and it was and frankly I'm now convinced I'm some sort of retarded-update whisperer. :colbert:

the R4-C pattern made me laugh out loud at the way it goes back and forth. And I'd just recently gotten stupid good with the 556xi so gently caress me I guess.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Now if only we could get some more Counter-Strike features, like, say, muting individual players in chat...

For real, how is this still not a thing.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 19, 2017

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Kikas posted:

Those MUST be placeholders. Like they're just testing if the fixed spread works at all, so they're using easy to trace spreads, to check for gently caress ups.

Yeah, the ubi guy on that subreddit notes in a news post that the patterns aren't final. "Keep in mind that you are not testing a final version of these recoil patterns, or even new patterns for all weapons that will be receiving them." So hey, maybe it won't be as laughable when it actually hits live.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

cinci zoo sniper posted:

To be honest, I don't see how all this contradicts having a recoil system that does not allow 3rd shot to randomly instakill a person somewhere on the screen.

I have no idea why people keep saying this as if recoil changes will change this. That's a consequence of one-shot headshots and penetration, not recoil. Full auto sprays will still drive into heads from people with slower/poorer aim aiming a little lower-right of their target with the xi, or at some poor fucker in the room behind the target.

Like all this does is favor memorization over reaction. If that's something you think should be more emphasized, then okay cool that's a fair position to have, but don't act like it's anything else.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 20, 2017

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

cinci zoo sniper posted:

The gist of complaints is that bullets shouldn't be able to land on anything in central two quarters of the screen if you commit to half-assed full auto, not that they shouldn't be able to drive into heads as such.

This doesn't fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The Kapkan's bombs do 60 damage to a one-armor right now. No idea where everyone got 40 from but all tests show them doing 60 to the one-armors.
From a Ubi guy's tweet. And a CM post on the TTS subreddit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ItsEpi/status/910220940604329984
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TTS/comments/7152w7/tts_10/dn8cc2f/

Left hand, right hand yadda yadda. It's probably going to get changed around a few times until it's in a good spot. I'm getting conflicting answers on how it handles two and three armor ops (a few saying it's 60-50-40), but I don't think the number is honestly as hugely important as the overall change from lethal to non. I'm still figuring out how I feel about this one.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 21, 2017

• Locked thread