Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I'm all for macros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Nah. I respect that you wanted to have fun, but do it in Casual. Rank tankers completely ruined Ranked for me this season. They hosed up my placement matches and they made it much harder for me to climb back to my usual rank. I dropped 2 ranks because of unfortunate teammates, but also because when I ended up on a losing streak (despite getting a dozen kills a match) I went up against the people who belonged in Platinum but had tanked to Copper to crush noobs, and they mercilessly destroyed us, resulting in my placement dropping lower and lower. Which meant I had to fight more smurfs, essentially resulting in a parabolic difficulty curve between Copper and Diamond. I played with groups of 2-5 for my placements and afterward, rarely alone.

I have been playing since December 2015, when the game came out. I have the Gold charm for every season since then (except Red Crow, I made it to Platinum there). This season I placed Bronze 3, the lowest I have ever placed. It's my belief that this is because of the smurfs I constantly had to face. As I pointed out with this last match, which I actually managed to win, I received almost nothing by way of ELO for my troubles. If I had lost to these players who definitely did not belong in Copper 4, then I would have probably dropped two entire ranks. I knew that people did this in previous seasons but it is becoming a serious problem that is making Ranked unenjoyable and unfair, when I previously considered it the best possible Siege experience, precisely because you would play with people who were actually your skill level and actually wanted to win. Even if I were playing it for the experience and not the rank icon, it's just not fun or rewarding.

FWIW I previously found solo ranked to be a fairly decent and reliable way of gaining rank because it seemed to provide the most balanced matchmaking.

They'd be garbage because you couldn't shoot people's feet when they tried to destroy them.

This has been my exact experience down to the ranks you got.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Disappointment?

Savage.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

my kinda ape posted:

It's insanely retarded that you can shoot while vaulting over poo poo.

Shooting while falling is also terrible.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

I meant more along the lines of "she can scan a camera and if any defenders are currently in the camera system it pings them or makes their phone ring", which would be an interesting balance to the other guy who everyone is speculating will be able to go invisible on drones.

Cameras dont last very long in ranked. Casual might be the only place where you can use this dumb retarded af ability.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

littleorv posted:

With the free weekend over im going to miss all the smurfs and 3 recruit teams I had. I'm thinking about switching over to ranked after playing tons of casual. Any advice for me?

download 4k movies while playing and play 3 speed operators exclusively.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

were there any deals on rainbow clancy in-game dollars recently? I forgot to check during black friday.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Speaking of castle. I had the weirdest poo poo happen to me. I’m defending the conference room on plane and this level 17 castle barricades us in. No one complains but when I create a murder hole above the staircase wall, castle TKs me and they vote me off.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Perestroika posted:

I use silencers on all shotguns that take can them. Not for any practical reason, but just because I love going PFUT PFUT PFUT. :getin:

Same. Also all pistols/secondaries should have silencers. No reason to make a racket when you're taking out a camera or a drone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Weekly garbo challenge, play 7 rounds as rook and pass the plates around.

• Locked thread