Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ah, Rainbox Six: Seige.

When are we getting the Tachanka overhaul that makes the LMG his primary and his perk a bipod, Hard?

Also, when are we getting the Castle overhaul?

Also, I can't believe you're shilling your own game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
We still really need the ability to chat mute single players on either team, tia.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
At least Uplay is better than Origin right now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

HARD WHERE IS T-34 FOR LORD TACHANKA {-}7

Still wouldn't make Tachanka good. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ularg posted:

Wait... pistol kills in multiplayer this week?

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Pull it out to finish DBNO enemies when you can, rather than trying to get actual kills with a pistol (or even worse, playing a shield operator).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

And no, it has been quite a while since any major games have released in Europe later than what amounts to a glorified time zone difference correction.

Yeah, all of two weeks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Steins;Gate visual novel does not count as a major game, I am sorry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Sun_and_Moon

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That used to be a thing, so you could keep rushing as every operator would yell RELOADING.

:thejoke:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm waiting for this on the shields:

:same:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

Even with the hidden laser sight change.

What was the hidden laser sight change?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I said come in! posted:

B-but UBISoft game??? :eyepop:

With Siege, Ubisoft are trying a new strategy called "maybe if we don't treat consumers like poo poo, Vivendi won't buy us out as easily." :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
He was shielding too fast.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Great Beer posted:

The lmg being his primary would own.

He should be the defensive equivalent of Glaz, with the LMG as primary and a bipod as his ability.

I've been saying this for over six months at this point. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Great Beer posted:

C4 resistance for shields. :flashfap:

Finally. Shocking it took that long, really.

Also Hard, get them to put you on the stream.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Does anyone know if Montagne get full coverage against C4 explosions from the front while deployed?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

slap me and kiss me posted:

"Every body part that is fully covered by the shield will resist up to 80% of the explosion damage."

I'd wager that he'll be considered to be fully covered, given that if he looks as you with the shield deployed, there's not a single part of him you can hit with a gun.

Yes, I'm aware of what it says, I'm asking if it's actually working as described, because this is Siege.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hard posted:

oh la ferme :p The feature works*

probably

<3

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Something that would make Echo real good is if he had a view of the drone camera as a small frame in a corner of his screen, maybe running at a low framerate, so he could keep an eye on it while not being glued to the drone controller.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

slap me and kiss me posted:

I didn't make this, but I stand behind it's message.

Needs a fourth guy labelled "Rainbow Six: Siege" at the end, there.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I was about to go quote myself, too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So when you say handbrake, what exactly are you referring to, some program?

https://handbrake.fr/

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I just noticed the bushido sets have shield skins in them, which hopefully means we'll get normal shield skins at some point soon.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Glad I'm not the only one who pings the armour bag when using it immediately after putting it down.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

How to get 4k points ty I want my disco ball.

Play ranked, it's first to 5.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Apparently if you're at the back of the parking lot on the northeast side of side Bartlett, it doesn't count as being outside, because we just had an enemy Rook do it and no warning showed up. :thumbsup:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Duggler posted:

Near the kitchen side?

Yeah.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

lohli posted:

fix your drat game, Hard

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

Matchmaking preferences for regular multiplayer games unfortunately doesn't work; every single one of us has Favelas turned off (gently caress that trash map) and we still get it at least 3 times a week.

They work, they just don't work how you think they do.

IIRC according to Hard, once the matchmaking has found 10 people, it throws every map each of those ten people doesn't have disabled into a hat, then randomly draws a ticket and that's the map that gets chosen, so even if you play with four other people who have Favela disabled, there's still a chance you'll get it unless you matchmake against five more who also have it disabled.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BadLlama posted:

So if you have 9 people all with only the house map enable and one dude with all maps enable, it will then draw from a hat with one of each map?

It will put House in ten times, and everything else once.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Space T Rex posted:

PICK UP THE loving ARMOR.

Please add this to the "tips" section for every single operator. I am so god drat sick of people just walking right by my perfectly good armor!!!! gently caress

If there's a Rook on the team and the armour is deployed, everyone on Rook's team should have a 800*600 black box in the middle of the screen with a "PICK UP THE ARMOUR" message until they have their armour.

If there's a Rook on the team and the armour isn't deployed, the Rook should have the same box saying "DEPLOY THE loving ARMOUR."

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I wonder if the 20% of one developer maintaining the uplay client knows how much of a loving joke it is or do they live in sweet blissful ignorance.

Fixed that for you.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hey Hard, when are recruits finally getting that second wall reinforcement and gun optics that don't rely on vastly uneven ironsight apertures? :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Getting zero attachments on recruit guns wouldn't really be an issue if the guns all had identical optics, but instead you have poo poo like the UMP ironsights vs. AK ironsights.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

lohli posted:

Recruits seem more about giving players something that was barely usable until they unlocked operators, they're intended as a stop-gap, not an equivalent alternative to the proper operators.

Which is really loving dumb. They're in the game, they should be as viable as any of the named operators.

If this bothers the Siege dev team, they can just pretend they've made a brand new named operator called Reginald E. Cruit whose perk is the ability to choose from more weapons/gadgets than normal operators, or something.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just put red dots on all recruit guns; they don't need to get a choice of optics, just not be stuck with ironsights that make some guns unusable and have no negative effect on others.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

afkmacro posted:

Can we have this system in R6?

:yeah:

It doesn't matter if every single report option literally reports the player to Battleye the same way - the fact that there's a menu item for "report offensive chat," "report offensive name" and whatever else is going to encourage people to report those things and discourage people from being racist/homophobic/etc. in chat or having names like HitlerLover1488.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

You're being kind of hard on yourselves, throwing the new operators into the toilet before they're even released.

:v:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Reinforced wall that goes on a doorway? I hope not, there is at least one place (bar in Kafe) that only has one entrance.

I like that idea though, depends on the implementation, if it's even that.

I feel like they should have changed Castle's gimmick to this to make him better, so I hope that's not it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I like Mira's armour, it looks cool. She's 3 armour, I guess.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

This just 404s for me. :shrug:

Basticle posted:

why are the servers such a massive piece of poo poo tonight

Free weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I know I'm technically Canadian, Hard, but I'm still confused why Uplay is showing me prices in CAD instead of GBP. :v:

• Locked thread