Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Hard what are the chances of there being a reduction in how "sticky" objective and team markers are, like when you're trying to aim at something and they haven't faded away? It's a bummer when a yellow diamond gets in your way and it feels like it happens frequently enough to notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

The Duggler posted:

Unless he gets a full shield or can move with the lmg tachanka will always be relegated to the meme league

Adjustable height on the turret would be cool, like a crouched and prone setting. Maybe that with a reduction in model size/turret footprint would make him at least slightly more agile and enjoyable to play.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Let me tell you how fun it is to have your whole party need to restart uplay and siege to have party invites show up/work: this happens pretty consistently (once or twice a night)

I'm not about to get on a soapbox about a refund because this game still owns, but it def has some issues that I wouldn't blame someone over a refund.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Holding out hope for a single player R6 game on this engine - would be loving incredible. Give me a planning phase and some lovely Clancy narratives and I'll be happy.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Megasabin posted:

Well looks like we can't get the refund because I spent too much time in the game, even though the entirety of the time was trying to get the game to work. Since that's the case I'm going to get this drat thing to work if it's the last thing I do.

Current Situation:
Uplay connects just fine, but once the game boots up it fails to connect to the R6 servers, and I get Error[3-0x0001000B]. I appear "offline" in the little square box in the top left. When I open the settings menu it does not show me as connected to any server, and it says my NAT type is "strict". When I close the game, uplay hangs and the fails on on "synchronizing saves with the cloud", forcing me to press "skip".

Things I've Tried that have no Effect
1. Port Forward Game Port UDP 6015 -- No Difference from above
2. Resetting the Windows hosts file -- No Difference from above
3. Turning Windows Firewall off -- No difference from above
4. Manually changing the default server using gamesetting.ini -- No difference from above no matter which server I choose

Thing's I've Tried That Lead to a Different Result

1. Run my Router in DMZ mode -- NAT type in settings menu changes to "Open". Game still fails to connect to the servers, and I still get Error[3-0x0001000B].

2. Use a VPN/Proxy Service - When initially attempting to connect to the servers I will get a different error message: Error [0x0-0FFFFFFE]. Despite this error message the game will appear to successfully connect. In the upper left box I will see my Profile Name and + symbols to add players to my team for matchmaking. In the settings menu box it will list a server and my ping (EUS Ping 52 since I used a Chicago proxy). However, once I attempt to click on multiplayer and use matchmaking services it will then go back to the "connecting to R6 servers" screen, and eventually give me Error [0x0-0FFFFFFE] again. Interestingly, When I close the game using the proxy, Uplay is able to sync the save files successfully. As mentioned above, without the VPN, UPlay will usually fail here, and I'll have to click "skip".

3. Port Forward Uplay Ports TCP: 80, 443, 14000, 1400 -- Uplay fails to connect when I do this. If I attempt to even boot Uplay separately without booting Rainbow Six, it will fail to connect, and I will have to use offline mode.

That's where I stand now. Before anyone asks I cannot try plugging directly into the modem, because I have a combination cable modem/router. How should I interpret how the game acts when using a VPN-- where the game appears to connect fine in the menu screen, but then when actually trying to find a match I get a different error. Why is the VPN able to connect at all, when my regular set up cannot? Given the information I've presented above, does anyone have any idea on what could be wrong or what I should try next?

Try a different DNS maybe?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
My friend gets really weird rubber banding and visual lag while playing siege. Initially I wrote it off as lovely network on his end or video settings. But one day I was spectating him after dying and I could see the effects too.

When I'd swap to him, it would be choppy and laggy, but when I swapped back to any other teammate it was fine.

Any idea what could cause this sort of performance?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Good to know that reports to battle eye over gross text chat will be reviewed and not just thrown out for not being hacking or whatever.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I'm glad to see ubi paying attention to the esports aspect of siege. Too many publishers try to lean super hard in to the esports aspect of games right off the bat, but Siege has been handled very smoothly where it could have been a disaster and super forced.

It helps that it has a pretty solid presentation that does a good job communication the tactical aspect. The dollhouse spectator view is really cool, the games are well broadcasted/commentated, and its overall a very watchable esport.

Edit - Also my suggestion for a cool way to incrementally expand on older content: begin to revamp optics so that each group has some unique optics, similar to the Spetznaz.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 18, 2017

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
got my first ace last night, did it with BANDIT OOPS shotty too for bonus points :feelsgood:

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 4, 2017

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Stop calling bandit blitz

WHOOPS

Edit - for actual content yeah the spectator modes own. They make the esports content actually really cool and easy to follow in a way that many FPS aren't.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Twitch toggle-visor and notifications similar to jackal need to happen

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Loot crates are cool as long as there's never anything that effects stats or guns.

Jackal being a 30s cav interrogation on one player without having to do anything besides ping some footsteps is just loving lol though.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Loopoo posted:

Ah right, I thought they got made OP in this latest patch cause we had a guy just fully deploy in the doorway and trap us all in a room. We couldn't escape because the only other escape route was covered by two enemies. His teammate was stood behind him periodically sniping us off and smoke figured it was a good idea to waste his grenades on the two mobile dudes instead of Montagne to flush him out and help us flank him.

Also, I'm super pleased with my progress. I went from noob-tier bottom of the scoreboard to 8/10 rounds being top of the scoreboard. It finally hit me that if I take it slow and steady and play it smart, I'll get kills better. That and using an ACOG has made popping heads much easier. Before, I'd start a firefight at a window as an attacker and not move, then wonder how the enemy could snipe me so much. Like I'd strafe across the window, fire, cover for a few seconds, then repeat, it was so predictable. It finally dawned on me that I should mix it up and never attack from the same position twice unless the enemy has pressure from another direction. Has made me net kills way more regularly, which is great. I've also started using drones a lot more. Twitch and IQ are my favourite characters. I love the marksman rifle with ACOG. If teammates are being helpful, I'll get one to breach a window whilst I'm rappelling and then use beams or balconies to cover me as I quickly pop up to snipe before going back down again.

This game is great.

Not just standing and staring at a window or doorway you saw movement in is one of the hardest bad habits to break.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
How long until ubi jumps the shark and makes an invisibility operator?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There have been a lot of instances of Hibana's pellets just straight up not working. I'll set them off, they fail to explode after lighting up, and I can't try again.

I've found that they will generally go off if you just mash the fire button for a bit. It won't play the fuse animation but it will randomly blow up (generally when your team is standing in front of it)

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It would be cool if there was an option that made ceiling reinforcements better somehow.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Are there any good writeups of Jaegers ADS mechanics? I feel like they consistently don't work or don't work as well as they should. Even when I place them in a location with great line of sight they consistently kill a few or none of the inevitable fine charges.

Like there have been times I'm standing right next to one and watch a fuse puck blast me. It would be cool if they worked better because being killed by fuse is really annoying and it would be cool to have a reliable counter.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I generally just put an ACOG on anything that has one then a holo on anything else, but I think a lot of it is personal preference. But gently caress the red dot sight either triangle, that thing sucks even after hey made it smaller.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
My challenges don't appear to be updating still

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Why are enemies the only thing that lights up in glaz's thermal? At the very least your team should as well, if not every light source as well as a handful of other ambient heat sources that could be added to serve to balance it out a bit.

Edit: heat sources such as existing pipes and grates on maps glowing, other areas that would make sense to radiate heat - maybe also appliances, vehicles, etc

Also, all these attackers with weird electric gadgets makes me want more anti-electronics ops on defense. Someone very similar to thatcher would own, maybe a emp charge they can place on a wall or floor and trigger.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 17, 2017

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Hard posted:

I think it's 11 to be precise. He spawns with hum something like 24 bullets?

It's 6 (with a silencer) and he spawns with like 40. I was playing glaz earlier tonight and tested this because I was curious about just how bullshit it was.

I think making castle reinforcements glaz proof would be both a nice nerf to glaz and buff to castle. I think the biggest issue I have with glaz and the most unfun part about him right now is there's next to no counter play in dealing with it on certain maps. When he throws a smoke at a door or window you just need to hide and hope that he's a bad shot.

causticBeet fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 23, 2017

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Jehde posted:

Any Glaz buff is fuckin dumb.

From now on all under preforming operators will be buffed by adding thermal optics to their loadout

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Flipswitch posted:

So what's the gooncenus on Mira? She a cool cutie who I wanna play but I'm not exactly sure how to go about placing those wall mirrors but then again I'm not back home for another month so :v:

A really good mirror can easily turn into a really really bad one if your team shoots it out so she can be really cool in situations where that doesn't happen

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Both of those "leaked ops" sound dope as gently caress and very fun to play. Some sort of barbed wire on steroids would be great, and more utility grenades are sweet.

I hope the fancy flash grenade op blinds Glaz forever and crashes the game of whoever picked him, this is an acceptable counter.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

plehsistential posted:

someone tell the turbonerds in this loving game callouts are more than just RIGHT THERE TO YOUR LEFT TO YOUR LEFT TO YOUR LEFT at max volume ad infinitum

Or that after 20 seconds the dude has PROBABLY MOVED and you should stop yelling at me to go peek where he definitely isn't any more

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I don't think that when you see someone with like 10-2 they're necessarily cheating or gaming the ranked system, I think this is just how the game goes. It's very streaky. I play with the same group of three pretty consistently and it's super super common for two of us to have a normal round while one person goes nuts and is like 9-0 or something.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Thief posted:

yeah the "where would i be" potshotting pays off relatively often in this game

This is why I always try to be skeptical even when my first reaction is "no loving way that dudes hacking."

So many times I've taken a random shot at a window or wall and come up with a headshot, it probably looked like I was hacking in a bunch of these situations too.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Yeah I just heard this today actually after reading it in the thread and it was specifically in reference to people trying so hard there gripping a controller or whatever with sweaty rear end hands

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
It would be cool if when there was 1 minute left in the round the defenders were allowed to go outside. You're already pretty susceptible to that sort of aggressive peek on a lot of spots and it's a cool and fun mechanic.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Oh cool a bunch of posts in the siege thread, must be the new season teaser. I've been waiting for the update to draw me back in to siege after... oh

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

CJ posted:

So what is the map design and art team working on for the next 3 months? Are all the top minds working on fixing the drone vent on Coastline that rubberbands you out?

For honor dlc lol

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Surely one of the updates will have two maps to make up for the missed content right guys

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Is there a loot crate with a Poland map in it tia

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Jeremy900 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR0zlo1D8iI

Why is wall banging such a foreign concept?

I have taken random shots through windows and barricades so many times and gotten a headshot or 1 shot kill. I relish these and hope that the individual on the receiving end is super mad and convinced hacks are involved.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Operation you're prob playing pubg anyways so I guess no reason to switch it up now

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Long con is to remove maps and then re-add them with minor changes after the third operation health.

Also what sort of endorsement is it for the season one content if half of it is being removed lol

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

I said come in! posted:

That is so weird. I don't understand that at all. Forza Motorsport 7 on Xbox One is going to be 100GB. Gears of War 4 is 80GB on Xbox. So the idea of removing maps entirely from Siege is super weird.

Dat AWS bill tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Did they do that that thing where they up the frequency of the new map in the rotation? I've played it like twice in maybe 5 or 6 hours of siege since the patch and I can't tell if it's bad or. It because I've only played it twice. It seems kinda bad. Can we trade it for Yacht?

• Locked thread