Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
For page 1 readers, this is the best game that we all hate but can't stop playing. It's good, get it and come join us.

Also oh man and I finally got used to sifting through the board to find the old thread buried several pages under. Now we got a new thread. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Imagine how much better the game would be if it wasn't saddled with a gently caress load of garbage ubisoft software.

I'm having a fun time with this barely working 30days of ubisoft website. How the gently caress is a company supposed to host a service for millions of customers when they can't get a loving webpage that lets you download jpgs everyday to work properly.

Also imagine if R6 Siege was on Origin instead of Uplay. I honestly think Origin is finally starting to edge out as my favorite platform, only beaten by Steam because of how long I and everyone I know have been using it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Could be worse... GFWL.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm reminded of it everytime it tried to make me log in to play Halo 2 PC and how I won't get achievements without it. Also remember buying Fallout 3 on Steam, then having to go through GFWL and not being able to view the games page because I was under 18 at the time.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Hey Hard, can you pass the message along to those responsible that I love the Uplay weekly challenges? I can't really put my finger on why, I just really love completing them and I love the little shield charm I got this week.

And also a thank you to everyone there because Siege got me over my competitive shooter anxiety and now I love the poo poo out of single-life matches with really clutch plays.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Wait, will I have controller recoil if I even have the controller plugged in but not using it?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hard posted:

Glad you like the reward man, i personally wish the challenges were a bit more diverse than kill X but hey theres more important things out there.

The only challenge I found annoying was the Gadget/Melee kills, because I just never get them. People know by now to run the gently caress away from C4. Impact nades get you killed if you use them in straight combat. And I can count on 0 fingers the numbers of times I've gotten an honest to god melee kill.

God I am so awful at this game. There's way too many games where I go 0 kills 3-5 deaths for this to be enjoyable. People are just way quicker on the draw.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Another glowing super bunnyhop video. It was his original video that turned me onto the game in the first place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMHfD1B78G0

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

The Duggler posted:

All the maps are good except for house

You take that back!

I don't like boat because it's too restrictive for inventive play and way too easy to reinforce everything. I don't like Favela because it's the opposite problem where you can just level an entire floor and because of the lighting you can no longer see, or the defenders get to be so aggressive that it feels like CoD S&D than R6.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Casual playlist makes no attempt to have teams of similar skill as far as I know. But I don't know if they try to match premade groups against each other or not.

Also, I tend to find Castle most useful on Hostage where you can barricade a window and be certain Fuse won't try anything cheeky in fear of killing the hostage. Otherwise I feel like whenever I try to Castle a back entrance my teammates instantly get the urge to go roaming and break it down. Then someone else whines when the enemy team goes through that now open door.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why is it boiled?

Sat out in the sun too long.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Also, I would absolutely love to see the Vector SMG get added in some way. It's probably my favorite weapon in the world right now.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't just have one match where I don't get any kills. I have to have 10 matches where I loving suck and I want to never play again afterwards.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Paradigmata posted:

'no'

https://streamable.com/xkj3
Audio removed due to excessive peeking.

Less roaming more protecting the hostage. ;)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Finally finished my placement matches and got Silver 1. Perfect representation of how painfully average I am.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
0.8 W/L, 1.0K/D. Stuck playing Solo in the middle of the night with all these 300ping players.

So yea, now I know how bad I really am.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What I need are some good videos on strategy/tips because while half of my deaths are from slow reaction time, the other half are from poor positioning/decision making.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
First ranked match after placements. My team are all 50 and below, enemy team is all 150 and above. Lost 1-4, now I'm bronze. yay. Now I get a giant fat "You suck" on my name whenever I play casual.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Great Beer posted:

You want this though. The enemy will underestimate you and then scream about hax when you win.

No because even at bronze the enemy team are still way higher ranked.

Hard please add more to the voting system post match so I can vote "gently caress off" amount of stars.

Had to deal with this guy screaming into his mic "WHY ARE MEMES A THING LOL TUCHANKA LORD"

The matchmaking doesn't even try. I know the reason you can't see ranks of players during ranked games is because we'd all see how it doesn't try and you'll see Golds against newbie bronze.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wish there was a volume slider for VOIP in game. Or just that maybe this poo poo was mixed above the rest of the game audio.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just having a portable camera is a huge deal if you actually make callouts.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Wait... pistol kills in multiplayer this week?

Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I wonder if machine pistols for Sledge/Smoke count.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hard posted:

at this dumb game.

Dev confirmed, put it on the box.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

EU consistently is better than US at any competitive PC FPS. That was so 15 years ago, and continues to be now. We have 750 million population with overall Internet infrastructure significantly better than any given US state or Canadian province, hence at equal game popularity levels Europeans can practice far more than Americans do, and they don't have to fight the infrastructure in the process.

Yea well your face is dumb and games usually come out later in Europe.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I never get angry in R6 Siege, I just get really sad and hate myself until I go to sleep.

Now that we have a Y2 Season Pass we should be allowed to make Siege GOTY 2016, too.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've always held a "No rage-quitting" policy but sometimes I think I would hate myself less if I did once in awhile.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Black Griffon posted:

In my case he was really angry that I dared to step into the ranked cathedral while still learning the game. When will I learn to grovel and trash with the foolish mobs of the casual proletariat?

Don't you know that you should never play ranked to get better at the game?! You should only play scrims if you want that! /s

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The point I made wasn't that "I just got this game and I'm gonna play ranked" because you forget you have to be rank 25 to start playing ranked, it's not like these people still need to learn what key you use to reinforce a wall or that you should reinforce walls. My point is that people get really mad at anyone who isn't already the best player. If I know what I'm doing, and I'm just not skilled enough so I have a low KD or whatever then why the gently caress play this game at all if I can't use Ranked to help get better at playing this game seriously instead of casual where you end up just getting stomped by people way outside your skillset and getting yelled at anyway.

And that's the other thing, people will bitch at me for making GBS threads up ranked, and others will bitch at me for making GBS threads up casual. There's no loving winning and they just expect me to play private matches or play Thunt for the rest of my life until I learn how to be a pro player through osmosis or something.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think it's quite obvious that I'm skinless and can never change that.

There's also no such thing as refining. To anyone on your team, if you aren't on the top of the scoreboard you are failing, not refining. Every game of Siege someone or someones have to lose, and whoever loses the most is the target.

Like this one pubbie in ranked I was teamed with for a few matches kept going "Noob team" "noobs" every time we lost a round until I got on the top of the scoreboard for kills and points and he magically shut his goddamn mouth when we lost rounds or games.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I know this is weird, but I'm so used to my good set of speakers that I can tell where sounds are coming from just like headphones most of the time. So what I end up doing is having earbuds for voice chat so I don't have to worry about them hearing themselves through my mic, with the game audio through speakers.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah, unless he has shotgun/cardioid pattern microphone, which is unlikely.

I can't say off the top of my head what mic I have but it's not some lovely desktop or headset mic. I basically have to talk right into it. Constantly I join mumble or discord and am told "Hey I can't hear you can you turn your volume up?" because I leaned back in my chair.

Edit: Actually I do have the microphone name: http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/sm/sm48-vocal-microphone

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Oh drat, that's one of the better low-end serious microphones. Yeah, with this you won't get much speaker noise, the pattern is similar to the shotgun one. You probably then also have a decent pair of 2.0 speakers positioned well, which would explain how you manage playing without headphones.

Yea, the thing is, I can't really play with headphones anymore because of my chronic migraines. It takes about 15 minutes of headphone use before my entire head is throbbing back and forth and I can't focus my vision or think straight and start getting easily confused and angry. So it would always between the decision of "Do you want to sometimes hear the game/your voice, or do you want to deal with an agitated Ularg. But the answer I would come to is I just wouldn't get on voice chat anymore at that point.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Thief posted:

the only operators i think are hard enough to consider not taking are Thatcher and Smoke

I get smoke because his gadget is basically like throwing a less lethal C4 and is asking to have the guy come around and kill you mid-throw. But how is Thatcher hard to play? You just throw his grenade down where the breacher asks and then you throw another one inside the objective room. Is his guns supposed to be bad/hard to use? I don't even know what constitutes a good gun anymore or a gun that I like using. I like going Rook/Doc because I feel their skills can be super useful but end up feeling like I'm gimping my team because of my weapon choices.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Another of my fav youtubers did a great video on Siege:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dOLMI1Jds0

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
My problem is I'll have the money for the $20 Y1 Operator bundle, and for Y2 season pass by Christmas. But only if I forget getting Battlefield 1, new quality headphones and any other games I've been wanting to play like Uncharted 4 or FF15.

I think at this point I'm going to skip spending $20 on Y1 operator bundle unless it goes on sale for $10 and just get the Y2 season pass and use the tiny renown booster to unlock the Y1 operators.

Whatever I choose to do, I want to help support the game. Just have to take my time and be careful since I can't work and no one wants to see me make youtube videos to earn a living.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Thief posted:

oh sorry i thought that was a teaser for the new polish defensive operator

New Gadget: Ballistic Body Suit
New Move: Cannon Ball.

Allows the operator to break through walls/floor hatches like sledge but with his body and immediately move through them.

Hard posted:

buy bf1 + headphones man, you can't grind those.

But... but supporting Siege. (Thank you, btw)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I was the guy that kept complimenting how good the hands looked in Killzone Shadowfall when that first came out. These cosmetics are just for me.

Although I am so grateful for the system Siege uses. I love collecting and using cosmetics so it is super frustrating to see everything I love put behind paywalls. In Siege I can grind out the cosmetics, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think what would be cool is dynamic charms. Charms that either change depending on what weapon is using the charm or changes based on your actions. Say there's a "Gun" charm that mimics whatever gun you currently have it equipped to. So the gun charm on your mp7 turns into an mp7 charm, Yo Dawg. Or a lightbulb charm that lights up whenever you pull the trigger of your weapon. Or maybe just charms with movement like a perpetual motion machine on your gun.

• Locked thread