Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Fix your game, Hard.

Also that's a pretty good OP. Maybe some suggestions for first operators to try/operators to avoid until you git gud? i.e. Sledge makes a great starter attacker, Rook is an easy defender to play, Castle is usually a bad idea until you really know the maps, same idea for Thermite.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Solo queuing is still fun. I don't rely on others for amusement in a video game.

E: Oh soloing ranked is probably pretty dumb, but so is caring about video game ranks. :shrug:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Japanese map is a lot easier to get to grasps with once you realize it's basically two buildings that are joined together, the restaurant with karaoke and tea room above it, and the house with office and museum above it. Flanking between the two can be powerful.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

But Ubisoft hasn't made an actual skyscraper map for Siege yet???

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Siege isn't really a game to play co-op with your girlfriend, it's a Counter Strike clone. Might wanna look into games like Portal or Trine, or stick to Rainbow Six Vegas if that works. :shrug:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Shine posted:

Why is this not a game to play with a girlfriend? Am I only supposed to play the included PvE mode with other guys? Pretend I said "brother" instead of "girlfriend" and let me know if you'd still suggest puzzle platformer Trine as an alternative to a game about shooting people in the face through a wall.

Yeah, I would, because Portal and Trine are fantastic co-op games, and Siege is not a co-op game. Also note I recommended just sticking to Vegas's co-op because it sounds like that works for you, I wouldn't know though having not played co-op in any of the Vegas games.

Vatek posted:

At least the Ghost Recon side of the Clancy franchises has thoroughly embraced co-op. Future Soldier is great as a co-op game and the new one coming out in March looks like a massive improvement on it.

This is also a good suggestion, the new Ghost Recon is gonna be a pile of tacticool fun.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I still can't apply skins or charms I bought to all my guns at once.

Fuckin' GARBAGE.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard posted:

Fixed – In some instances, Operators appear to have Raptor Legs in the Kill Cam.

What the gently caress.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard posted:

Does this silly harmless bug has it's place in this semi-tryhard game? No.

Clown masks on the other hand...

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard posted:

Clown masks are whether you like em or not an assumed feature and weirdly enough, not a bug.

Okay what about the bug masks though.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

I really wish the Doc gun was back to the old system of darts being infinite until you hit somebody.

https://streamable.com/j2dy0

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It could be worse, you could be using the absolutely hideous FN FAL irons.

http://streamable.com/7b12

:shrug:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Lol if you care enough about video games to make the experience worse for the sake of winning.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah they did. IQ's electronics detector now allows you to see people, etc. through it (so it doesn't JUST show electronics and block everything else out now), and Tachanka's MG has a glass shield, similar to Blackbeard's.

EDIT: They also buffed Pulse so that he's great, then debuffed him so he's worse than what he was originally.

They actually made Tachanka objectively worse by obscuring his view with a bunch of bullshit.

Pulse is still way easier to play than he originally was.

I never really get to play IQ so dunno about that one.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Really? I never had any issues playing as Classic Pulse, but I dunno, I just feel like the more limited range hurts me more when I play as him now. Probably just me though - I don't really play him often nowadays anyway.

I didn't either, but that's because I used to be a Pulse main and got used to how old Pulse worked. Used to be you would only get intermittent signals and had to fill in the gaps with your own prediction of where they'd be etc, took more thinking and strategizing to play him effectively. Now you just get a constant signal that makes it trivial to track enemies. That was their goal with buffing Pulse, making him more accessible, they just went overboard and have since rolled back a bit. The distance didn't make that much of a difference for how I played since it was always up close engagements anyways.

I don't play Pulse as much anymore either because it's not as fun to me. There was always a debate in our group about playing objective Pulse vs roaming Pulse. I was always the former, so I still bring him out for maps/spots I know he's especially effective in that regard.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 30, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Unbuffnerfbuff Pulse.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The discord is definitely mostly americans, but we do have a few euros that sometimes just join us or form their own group.

The unlocks aren't important at all, they're just a means to an end. The real carrot on the stick is that every round plays out differently, and often in crazy and hilarious ways. Once you learn the mechanics of the game you realize there's a lot of depth to it and it gets addicting fast.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

IQ's gadget really needs higher/not poo poo contrast to actually see stuff on day maps.

Turn down your brightness.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Sdoots posted:

Thermite losing the frags seems somewhat more sensical. He's about getting the team where they need to be, opening paths and sightlines. A frag isn't doing that, it's wounding the other team or forcing them to move.

Being able to chuck a grenade into a freshly opened can of sardines was super useful. Capitao losing his nades makes a bit more sense because he already has the crossbow for area denial, but I was hoping they'd give him breach charges so he wouldn't have to depend on others to get places.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Best possible tip: Don't take video games too seriously.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Congrats Hard, you are now officially worse than Hitler.

Fix your game macht frei.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

They should put in a 4 speed operator with special bullet dodging abilities and a laser accurate rifle

Ash already exists though.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Hard can I get a FLAC version of the Coastline pool music?

This.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Counterpoint: play whatever the gently caress you want

Seriously. Tryhards pls go.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hard posted:

Also don't call us Canadians (or do) as it either triggers us or can make you look stupid depending on the context.

It's okay, we don't consider you Canadians anyways. It's kind of like how Americans differentiate the south.

Also shortened ranked rounds is still the worst. Running and hiding to run out the timer shouldn't be a common tactic.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Oh btw I had my twitch drone destroyed when I spawned into the drone phase. I don't remember the map and shadowplay wasn't working so didn't get any footage.

Hard fix your game. Also fix shadowplay for me if you can, thx.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

Did you try uninstalling and then installing GeForce Experience?

Yes, I did a DDU wipe as well.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

drat that's a raw deal.

It's okay, I blame Hard.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Laddy - Carries around a ladder.

Roamy - Has gadgets to help roaming.

Shotty - Has an automatic shotgun.

Bomby - Has a grenade launcher.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 24, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Flamy - Has a flamethrower.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Gunny - He has lots of guns like in the matrix.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Hardy - Doesn't fix his game.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The Duggler posted:

Tbf the first shot barely grazed her rear end, she could have had like 10 health left after that we can't tell

Ash sympathizer exposed.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

1500 posted:

Ok having a lot of fun, is it worth getting the season 2 pass?

Do you see yourself playing this game for the next year? If so, then yes. If not, then there's probably something wrong with you.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

A shot to the foot usually works, but there's a couple pistols that do enough damage to kill. The trick to remember is that there's a certain amount of "negative health" which lets you be in DBNO, so if the damage of the pistol exceeds the combination of the negative health and whatever remaining health your teammate has, he dead. There's a couple exceptions to how the negative health stuff works, like Rook armour guaranteeing a DBNO on first downing.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Mr E posted:

I've been putting compensators on pretty much every gun. Is there a "best accessory" guide somewhere for all the weapons?

It comes down to personal preference and specific weapons, but a couple rules of thumb I follow:

All pistols get suppressors to take out gadgets more discretely, except shield operators get muzzle brakes or compensators since they're loud as hell anyways. Shields also get laser pointers for the same reason, otherwise yea don't bother with lasers.

Primaries I'll only single shot with (FAL, HK417, etc) get a muzzle brake, primaries I'll mostly be spraying with (LMGs, etc) get compensators, but most weapons I try to do control bursts with so they all get flash hiders.

Vertical foregrips are for babies that can't handle recoil, angled foregrip is always useful especially when going up against operators like Ash.

Any sort of sight attachment just fucks with your peripheral vision so I stick to iron sights, but ACOGs are especially bad since all they do is narrow your FOV and give you tunnel vision.

Every gun gets the most colourful skin available and the unicorn charm, or the chibi drumstick.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah it depends a lot on your comfort with pixel sniping, as well as being able to hold your gun at low ready and snap to targets. Everyone in the crew I play with thinks I'm a weirdo for just using irons, but it's what I'm used to and I have my reasons. :shrug:

Does lead to some funny clips though: http://streamable.com/7b12, https://streamable.com/a1ur

As for the suppressors on primaries thing, they do actually effect the recoil pattern, so if it makes the recoil more agreeable to you then it might be worthwhile. I just personally would rather have the maximum damage potential over recoil mitigation.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 28, 2017

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

He's been playing Siege for awhile now. Whenever he needs a team killing clip it's either Siege or BF4.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Koramei posted:

Maybe there are some exceptions but I pretty strongly disagree with this on the whole. You sacrifice some peripheral vision (not even that much unless you're using a holo or acog though) to gain way more vision of what you're actually looking at; most of the ironsights have a bunch of extra poo poo stuck running down the length of the gun, whereas the sights are just dots.

I much prefer to have a little obfuscation close to where I'm aiming rather than any obfuscation on the periphery, much easier to manage multiple angles that way. It may seem unintuitive at first but peripheral vision is much more important than what you're already focusing at in a game like Siege. The aforementioned low ready style of aiming negates the effect of the gun obscuring below the sights, although it's pretty rare that you'll be shot from below anyways. It works for some, doesn't for many. Most people will be used to a traditional video game crosshair, I'm more used to playing spergy games without crosshairs. It boils down to personal preference.

There are some sights that are better about not loving with your periphery too much, most of the Russian sights are good at this from what I recall, but rather than trying to mix and match sights I just stick to what I'm used to and keep things consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Koramei posted:

I find the acog makes me too passive, even though I'm more comfortable with it. It's definitely a sight with an objective utility though, whatever your personal preference.

I guess I see your point, but don't you find reflex sights give you much the same effect? They really don't obscure much at all, especially now the triangle dot got changed to be tiny. I have had a few instances with a holosight where it definitely made me miss a guy 'cause I was aiming 2 feet above his head and the sight obscured him, but I haven't really had that with the others.

Also out of curiosity, what FOV do you play at? I had a huge period when I started playing where I was adjusting it back and forth- in most games I play at max, but in Siege I couldn't make out poo poo with it like that. Now mine's much more in the middle but I do wonder if it has a negative effect on how I play- most of my friends play on minimum I think.

ACOG just narrows your FOV, if you're comfortable with pixel sniping it's useless, not to mention the average range of engagement in Siege is like 10 metres.

It's not the actual reflex sight display that obfuscates poo poo, it's the housing that surrounds it. I'll be watching a teammate's cam and they'll be sighting down a hall or something with the side of their reflex sight obfuscating a doorway, only for them to get shot from it and then complain about netcode or something. Ofcourse it's easy enough to work around this in most situations by just shifting your aim a bit to accomodate another angle, but I find it much easier to manage a wide array of angles if my periphery is as clear as possible. I prefer to have the obfuscation pushed in closer around my point of aim since I'm already focusing there, but again it's just a different style of aiming that I'm used to.

For games like Siege my go to FOV is 90. That's for a 19:6 monitor, for now. I have the urge to get an ultrawide, gimme all dat FOV.

Btw the game I played the most hours in before Siege was Red Orchestra, which should explain a lot. I gather the majority of Siege players come from Counter-Strike, where crosshair placement is super important.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 1, 2017

• Locked thread