Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard you're a cool dude and the best dev I've seen post on here. OK thanks for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've grown to like Border. Speaking of, is the bookcase overlooking the Hostage/Secure room next to lockers considered an exploit? The one you have to use the computer monitor to get onto.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

What are the type of places castle's super boards good for? Can they still melee them?

They can be melee'd down after 12? 16? melee hits. Don't lock your team in the objective room with the barricades. The ideal use is as a way to funnel the attackers where you want them to go, or make them waste their resources on one. I don't play Castle so I don't know how to actually accomplish this.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sometimes Platinum doesn't mean anything.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJv2mxixJPQ

My group's shared Youtube channel has almost 150 videos of middling to fair quality, go nuts.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPzpvKCQ_IA

And a fresh one.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 4, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Of the 20 or so matches we've had since early yesterday, only 1-2 have been against groups that all have ranks. Most of the games have had at least 3 unranked people. Is matchmaking busted or are we on some kind of streak?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Hey Hard can you add an option to report someone for spamming chat with racist poo poo? The only option is to report them for hacking.

They check chat and other such behavior with that report button. Could use a name change I suppose.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqACaVRaT0o

I guess watch it or don't, whatever.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I shot the moon on my placement matches (not on purpose) and ranked at Copper 4. I'm silver 4 now, right where I was last season.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Pull it out to finish DBNO enemies when you can, rather than trying to get actual kills with a pistol (or even worse, playing a shield operator).

I want to play Blitz without getting headshot through my shield :smith:

Edit: Those are SMGs.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

When I play solo with my speakers, I hear sounds much better and louder than my headphones when actually playing in a group for voice chat. Is there some way I'm missing to increase the volume in Windows 10 more than 100? The game sound isn't nearly as loud (or good but these are nice speakers).

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You can lower the volume of your voice chat program through your OS's mixer, or vice versa for the game.

I can hear voice just fine. Lowering the voice in the mixer won't help because the game sound is at its limit while I'm using headphones. They're LifeChat 3000s (something like that) and quite nice otherwise. Just wish they had a separate volume button from Windows.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AbortRetryFail posted:

If this is something desirable maybe they shouldn't all be using the same smartphone. It wouldn't make sense for them to have different sounds unless you make the guy yell out LETS HAVE A LOOK AT THIS DRONE THEN.

Also is "placing claymore B)" voice line team only? If not that is a bit awkward.

You can't hear their voice but you can certainly hear the claymore being placed.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I solved my sound problem by installing Equalizer APO and finding settings that made my sound better and louder.

Then I went too loud and blew some of my headset, I get crackles on real bassy stuff now. But I can hear footsteps and other things much more clearly! Any recommendations for $50-75 headsets that won't blow out easily and also have a mic?

EDIT: My current set is the Microsft LifeChat LX-3000.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I do have fairly nice speakers but I worry they would be muted with headphones/earbuds in for voice, and it would also restrict my playtime at night and when other people are home.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I moved my USB headset plug from the top of my case to the back and WHOOSH, all the crackling and static went away. I'm back to louder sound, its great.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dosvidanya posted:

It'll never happen but I really wish IQ's gadget didn't pick up allied equipment

They could change the color to red or something. Dunno if it's a balance issue.

And thanks IceOrb. I played several games with my USB in the back slot and everything was great. I'll keep all that in mind if I look again though!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

How many of you guys get the season pass? I am enjoying this game enough I don't think I would mind investing more into it.

I've bought two passes so far. Saves me a ton on renown.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Heh-bah-nah or Heh-ban-ah?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I hope IQ gets a Pipboy ripoff and a Fallout-esque uniform.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

New operator should be able to pick up drones and install a chip that lets them take control of that drone. Two uses maybe, and the drone tells the user it's been hacked so they have to decide if they want to destroy it or not. Only one person can drive it at a time and the other person can only watch through the camera, not steal control until the user gets off it.

Hire me, Hard.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

He'll hire you. As a programmer.

I have zero programming knowledge. I'll fit right in at Ubisoft.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rns2O5Kux0

I made a new thing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm on mobile and my old rear end eyes can't tell what is going on. Was someone just hiding in that corner? Did they phase through the wall?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Whats the process behind rejoining a premade in casual? It feels like sometimes, when my game freezes or whatever, I can go back in, choose casual and rejoin. Other times it just...doesn't. I get a brand new lobby.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Was the last dudette alive on my team as Twitch and I fell off a roof.

Oops.

I did the same as Thermite. Except I was trying to drop to the balcony on House to kill someone putting up a barricade in construction.

I missed the balcony.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Shadowplay keeps recording video but no audio whatsoever, or sometimes just the sound of my voice on Discord, no one else and no other sound. :argh:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm having frequent crashes and I'm pretty sure its related to nVidia Share. My screen goes blank (usually some random color entirely) then the game crashes. Not long after that, Share crashes. I don't understand.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

slap me and kiss me posted:

Have you revalidated your steam install? That fixed things for me awhile back

I don't have the Steam version.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

BarDown posted:

Reddit users and thinking they are entitled to all the little poo poo... :psyduck:

Did you see the whining when the SMG-11 was going to lose the ACOG? Buncha babies. That gun is still ridiculous and I get tons of kills with it. You just can't snipe anymore.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/pda5w

Hard! :argh:

(Nevermind the audio desync, Lightworks does not like variable framerate recordings)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

IceOrb posted:

I have to handbrake all my video to 60fps because of how shadowplay/plays.tv and I assume RELIVE capture video.

Annoying, but at least the audio doesn't get hosed up.

Yeah. I use Eyeframe Converter to batch convert things. Sometimes they play fine in Lightworks and sometimes I saved a clip that isn't worth using. Everything else gets converted and works fine.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

IceOrb posted:

It's not an issue.

Shadowplay, plays.tv, and ReLIVE all record with a variable framerate so that in the event your performance is tanking the GPU can focus on making the game run as best it can instead of worrying about maintaining 60fps on your capture.

In most cases video editors can't handle variable framerate video without you running into the audio desync issue. Easy fix is to just handbrake everything to whatever framerate you plan on exporting the final clip in.

So when you say handbrake, what exactly are you referring to, some program?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ah, neat. Looks similar to the thing I use that was recommended specifically for Lightworks.

Also, Hard, can we get a UI option to turn off mouse wheel weapon switching? I keep putting my Blitz shield away instead of flashing when I get excited.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dante18907 posted:

Rebind your dang gadget key.

RE: Fuze :words: he is crazy at the moment. Getting naded left right and centre. I pray for a hostage map now so I can camp with the little fella without being blown the hell up.

I don't like having to take fingers off the movement keys to do something. I have two thumb buttons on my mouse but they are Melee and PTT and I sure don't want to change those either.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dante18907 posted:

Fair enough. I am much the same. But you could put it as like Z, X, C, V or any of the keys around WASD for easy access. As mentioned before as well apparently 4 is bound to gadget by default as well.

Now that I think about it, I could set Caps Lock as a gadget button. Currently set to Mark Enemy but I don't really do that with drones anymore unless I'm dead.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

So the Christmas Challenges don't specifically say in multiplayer but I assume they still wouldn't work in a custom game or Thunt?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I'm in a scouts honour knife only game right now and it's great. 30 melee kills is an actual nutcracker.

Did a few of these with my group. It's great when you can convince the pubbies to play nice. Then you get a diamond who refuses and says you should get them for real.

And the knife net code is all kinds of hosed. Distances seem random at times.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Even if I was good enough to get thirty knife or gadget kills, I wouldn't be able to do it Christmas week. I got other poo poo to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

slap me and kiss me posted:

It's four maps as Fuze, tops.

Sure, if you get matched against idiots that cluster in one room. I never get that.

• Locked thread