Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
fyi post more videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

nah, I get not letting casual mode get all the options so that you learn all the approaches and possibilities. If casual let you choose you might not know there was another objective location on Oregon other then laundry room, for instance. :v:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

trip report; after owning this game for a while I finally got into playing it more

casual land; house, bank and coast 24/7

ranked land; literally 7/10 unranked games were in themepark holy gently caress gently caress themepark god drat why is this roof a mess

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I think damage might be reduced in the prep phase.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Q8ee posted:

pistols really don't need a buff. cav's pistol barely bounces when you shoot. literally every situation I've used a pistol in, the person has been relatively close and all I do is ADS and keep the centre of the gun (not the ironsights, literally the entire gun) on their body and spam click and they die.

pistol damage I can sort of understand, however.

unbelievably, the lady who uses her pistol constantly has a good and easy to use pistol

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Polka_Rapper posted:

I almost have enough renown to unlock my second DLC operator. It's probably going to be Frost because I unlocked Blackbeard last week for the SEAL challenge and I want another defender.

if you want a defender why wouldn't you take mira and her god gun

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

The game would get pretty loving grim if it removed the foot and had the now crippled and in severe pain operator howling on the floor, bleeding everywhere and requiring first aid to not just bleed out on the spot.

Rag dolling is fine instead.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I find it pretty weird that in casual you can use thatcher and thermite often, but ranked they basically never come up because everyone just goes through doors anything below silver I guess

occasionally a hibana eats a hatch

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

as cool and good as payday: rainbow six edition would be it'd also be a huge undertaking and lol

but zombies tho would actually fit in with the barricading and murder hole gameplay, plus the AI could be as bad as thunt AI and it'd still fit, probably will be fun

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I wish my shotguns hit and killed people.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

my kinda ape posted:

It's really funny that he's always the first person to be identified in the drone phase, even if you don't see him. Like before you even get in the building if you're near the objective you know they've got a Vigil because you see the effect all the way outside. They either need to drastically reduce the effect radius or just remove it entirely.

Eh, I think it's best to have it bigger for a better "where is he" factor.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I wouldn't recommend anyone you see a lot of, on the flipside. As then you can't pick them. :v:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

dokkabae is glaz but instead of vision she has audio for the entire team

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Pulse can go either way, really.

edit: To actually qualify that, a Pulse sitting on the objective (or near by) doing call outs can be just as effective as roaming and ambushing people. Granted, you have to make use of those call outs, but even if you don't have a competent roamer letting the other anchors know "hey they're skulking outside the window" is helpful.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 15, 2017

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

actually you'll find putting it outside surprises the enemy by forcing your entire team to rush them

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

What's the science behind making the shotguns actually work, then?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Of course, giving him a bipod would mean getting rid of all his current weapon skins and stuff and people would be mad and etc etc

the money, boy

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Making bullets shoot out the gun bit doesn't really work because you aren't holding the weapon and thus can't really tell what it's poking against

It's adding a layer of 3D definition when your perspective never moves

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

We already have sledge

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ranked rotation would be perfect if they got rid of themepark (and also deleted it from the game) and put in house instead

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, one more question.
What's a good Attacker operator for a new player?

My aim is kinda bad but I want to play an operator that would be most helpful to my team.
As Defender I usually play Rook or Doc, that way I'm helpful even if I don't kill anyone, but I'm not sure who to play as the Attacker.

Thermite/Hibana and to a lesser, though still comparable, Thatcher are both basically "required" on a team, so it'd be a good idea to hit them up.

Monty can actually be a neat idea, too. Shields up and you wander into the objective/window as a distraction while pinging the bad dudes.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

wait if castle walls are unbreakable conventionally doesn't that mean specific dumb team comps could literally be walled off from the objective

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

If you want to be a kill-y shield I would say pick up Blitz instead, even if his hitbox is

suspect

For Monty, I usually park myself into a window or door way and ping/callout where the bad dudes are in the objective, with them fairly helpless to stop me. It's pretty dangerous to actually go for a shot, though. Another silly trick that can work under rare conditions is on bomb to park yourself on the other site after the diffuser is planted, particularly in the door. If both sites happen to be clear because lol let's all roam guys then you can trick the enemy into thinking you've planted on the other site. I've done this on clubhouse a few times. Otherwise it's better to just sit on the diffuser itself in a corner or something, but that's not as chat-lmao worthy.

Think of shields are the loudest most obnoxious drone and you'll go far.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

What about barrel attachments specifically? There are poo poo ton of them.
Are Silencers or Extended Barrels worth using?

http://i.imgur.com/u3bcxLZ.png

Here's a handy chart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

lmao at people still hard no saying castle when tower exists

He makes a lot of points dramatically more manageable. His weapons kind of suck and he shouldn't plaster anything to a door tho

• Locked thread