Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I just got this and had a blast with some guys in the discord. I like the mega shield guy so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yeah I finally bought it because of that video. Also because it's on sale

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

What are the type of places castle's super boards good for? Can they still melee them?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I've been using them on Windows I don't want people shooting through. Even if it gets popped it will be with enough warning and they wont be shooting through tiny holes but the whole window.
I dont think anyone has bothered to break one of my castles yet.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I'm real bad at attack because I want to get up in there with the action and I have three minutes to find someone to shoot at

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Montagne is a bullet proof drone. You walk in with your mega shield and then shuffle back and call out enemy positions.
Sledge is less simple in application. Hes able to ignore all the walls outside of the objective basically so he can really abuse map knowledge to poke from every angle.

E: look at me day 3 and I'm already telling people how to play

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

My consistent problem is understanding when a room is just a death trap. Like, the entire room is 12 open angles one way or another. I feel like I need to hug the objective and die for it.
That and I'm really jumpy so when I get surprised by a sudden taking fire my hand jolts and I lose my orientation. I'm decent at fighting people I'm aware of though.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh I didn't mean it that way. I don't like trying to snap headshots anyway (I play a lot of junkrat in overwatch so this is an adjustment to say the least.). I was just kvetching that I have a jump scare reaction to getting ambushed so I cant even put up some lovely self defense and get blown away.
I am having a lot of fun. It's just going to take some time for me to build a danger sense so I know where the murder box is before I'm trapped in a corner, and to realize I might be "flanking" straight into their entry point they're still faffing about in.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The VoIP in the game is terrible and I can't gear anyone and no one can hear me.

Can't drone on defense or I'd be all over that :(

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Well defenders get to look through cameras and attackers through drones so it's consistent

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I mean, maybe I should clarify that only garbage players mark enemies from drones or cameras, select few scenarios asides, and doing so is the number one reason for either being shot. Less so with static cameras and the Twitch drone, but Valkyrie cameras and regular drones, generally speaking, can live indefinitely. But they seldom do because there's always that one trigger happy teammate to ruin it all and given enemy team endless stream of "WELP MATE, THERES AN ENEMY SPYING DEVICE LOOKING AT YOU RIGHT NOW" flashing across the screen in block-capital red letters.

Hence, I do believe that inability for teammates to mark from Yokai is a strong buff to Echo in public games.

I only mark people because I do not trust in my ability to communicate where the enemy is and their ability to understand me. I know better already than to do that crapwhen I have a group

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Well it could be like the hearthstone thread where over half the thread is in the top percentile of ranked so they developed a narrow perception of the game

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

People who only externalize their failure are the worst. I used to be bad about that. I always try to be mindful of blaming team mates, and this game doesn't give much else to blame except for my unhoned instincts.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Siege hats seem geared towards a certain age group

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

If i ever do run into a child in Seige they are playing Glaz, with no exceptions.

I'm surprised I haven't seen a plague of glazs myself considering this is a modern military shooter. I guess with the way gun play works in the game they dont need to be a sniper to have an inflated sense of skill and become operator as fuk.
I wonder who is the people who think they know what they're doing but don't character.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Maybe I'm wrong but I always felt it was a trend that people who over estimate themselves gravitate to the "hard to use" class/character to prove themselves. But it ends up being nonsense like 3 snipers on 2fort

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah Thatcher seems really simple to use.
I think the shield guys are deceptively hard to use, even not taking the bug into account.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I seem to be very quiet in game as well

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I feel the opposite. Thatcher can just toss emps and maybe get stuff that might matter, but in disorganized IQ struggles to be useful because her ability is more useful with call outs.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Thief posted:

has anyone bought the new frost bundle that lets you dress up as the best friend from Life is Strange™ yet?

I don't have frost yet so I can't yet be the grrl

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

How many of you guys get the season pass? I am enjoying this game enough I don't think I would mind investing more into it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Black nail polish is tactically advantageous why would you change it.

Because IQ uses pink

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Cool. I was working during those anyway.

I would think it would be cool to see characters with unique gadgets that were jury rigged like the nitro cell.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Hard posted:

Keeping the 360 feature for when you touch one of Bandit's battery where you start convulsing and emptying your mag, because gently caress trigger disciple imiright.
What are we, juggalo bank robbers? We're supposed to be operator as fuk here. What about my vermilislitude, in this game with hover drones and a woman in the SEALS

Rectus posted:

Hard, please add machine guns to all the shield operators, except limit them to be held one handed so the recoil makes you spray bullets everywhere in 360 degree arc.

Nah they're going to be hard pressed for character ideas soon enough. Guy with shield with a slot to rest his SMG on is going to be down the line.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

With so much of the game being spotting people right away they will have to be careful with cosmetics

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I can't stand the acog. So many people I spectate are forced to zoom in on someone in the room, and it just looks so hard to track someone like that

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I only got on the shield hand guns because you're hearing me from a mile away anyway.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I shot a M590 at someone 5 times before hitting with that piece of poo poo. But they didn't manage to kill me before I landed the sixth so

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Someone posted this in the discord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gd4KDJ7F1Y

I'm sure most people in the thread already know most or all of this but I found it really helpful and there are at least a few people new to the game in here like me

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

What's ads

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

These changes sound amazing

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Situation ten is so terrible. I still can't beat it and lose patience immediately.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

Make sure you kill everyone in and around the house before getting the hostage, once you get the hostage, plant him on the balcony and wait for the incoming. Once they're done, take the path that's to the right of the house relative to spawn. There's two guys on the helipad and one or two below it.

Killing the population of Montana is tedious as fuk

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The AK still kicks like twelve mules but I'm finding it works a bit on burst fire, which I haven't really tried with other weapons. I've had some crazy snap shot bursts up into their head.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Monty will only take 25 damage from nitro if he extends the shield and faces it, I've been told

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

poo poo people in ranked are brain dead

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Point it at the guy and hold the button. It has pretty good recoil control, so it's one of the guns I prefer.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Oh man scope zoom effects shotgun spread just like in borderlands.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Explosions are really weird about walls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

why are machine pistols so good

• Locked thread